• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Going to give Ansah to SD, based on Troutman being there this year. For our purposes, we are assuming MIA is getting Albert for a 2nd. It's not perfect, but the goal is discussion, not perfection

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--On the Clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

eznark

Banned
I just don't see how Warmack makes it past SD.

91222154__2_.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Colasante

DJ Hayden to the Dolphins. Best cornerback in the draft fits the team's biggest need. Rhodes, Trufant, and Jamar Taylor are other considerations, as well as a pass rusher.

I don't feel good about anything with this pick but I guess Rhodes makes the most sense. I don't know much about Hayden but if he's as good as some of you guys say then maybe that's the more logical choice. Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to Eifert, either.

Hmm... I guess I'll go with Rhodes.

Nightz

Wait, who's saying that the Chargers are in on Albert? Haven't seen anything from the guys that I follow.

Just got out of a work meeting, but I would vote Warmack at this point (even though we're past the pick). Yes they have Troutman, but they lost Vasquez and he would only plug up that hole. The other guard position sucked too. Don't think they'd reach for a tackle at this point.

Fantomex

This is a second round CB draft. Dolphins are going to have to go with Eifert or move down to #18-22 to get a CB. The CB's are not good enough value, DE is not that terrible of a need, and the OL's are gone. Unless they're stupid enough to get Fluker. They got Keller from the Jets on a one year deal, but they need a TE to stretch the field like Hernandez, Gronk, Graham etc. Dolphins select Eifert. Best value for the pick.

squicken

I don't feel good about anything with this pick but I guess Rhodes makes the most sense. I don't know much about Hayden but if he's as good as some of you guys say then maybe that's the more logical choice. Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to Eifert, either.

Hmm... I guess I'll go with Rhodes.

I'll say this, if I needed offense, I'd go Eifert before any WR except Austin. And even then, you wouldn't need Austin. You guys could use a RZ target

eznark

Banned
We're assuming that deal isn't going through for the Chargers.

You asked for hypotheticals as to how it would play out in such a manner.

I think there is a possibility that we only got one correct pick so far.

I like Eifert too. I'd say Rhodes/Eifert >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hayden

LMAO they just played the clip of Hugh Douglas being drafted in 1995 on ESPN and showed all the analysts talking about how mature he is and how he's got a wife and kids and has his priorities in order and they asked Hugh where he was on draft day and he said "Freaknik"

You asked for hypotheticals as to how it would play out in such a manner.

I think there is a possibility that we only got one correct pick so far.
I was talking about within the context of our mock. I shouldn't have phrased it that way, though.

EDIT: Screw it, change my vote to Eifert!

120307_Ireland.jpg

Colasante

Going to go with Rhodes. Just a gut feeling that he's going to develeop like everybody says he going to develop.

As far as I'm aware, Rhodes isn't really a good scheme fit with the Dolphins. They play more off man and zone, and Rhodes is mostly a press man corner.

Fantomex

but wouldn't Warmack be the BPA for Miami?

Not with Philbin as the head coach. He prefers athletic linemen. Warmack and Fluker have problems getting off the line quickly. With the OL free agents currently available, they might as well sign one to a 2 year deal with little guaranteed money. The free agent market makes more sense to them in the draft, now that all the stud OL's are gone.

Not with Philbin as the head coach. He prefers athletic linemen. Warmack and Fluker have problems getting off the line quickly. With the OL free agents currently available, they might as well sign one to a 2 year deal with little guaranteed money. The free agent market makes more sense to them in the draft, now that all the stud OL's are gone.
I agree with this. I don't see G as a big need for the Phins, especially considering who would be available at this point in the draft.

squicken

The assumption is MIA gives up it's second for Albert. After taking Martin high last year, and spending a 2nd this year on Albert, another OL in the first is too much. It's either CB or Eifert. MIA still would have second round pick from the Davis trade

If we assume the Dolphins secured Albert, I would say Eifert. This draft has some depth in the CB position and the chance to get a long term safety valve for Tannehill seems too much to pass up. Creates some match up problems and could be great for a long time. Use the 2nd from the Davis trade to shore up the secondary. Protect the young QB!

Fantomex

I think Eifert will fit the Miami offense well. But does that pick make the most sense? I'd be ok with it.

Keller can't stretch the middle, Eifert can. Defenses will already be doubling up on Wallace for the dep route, probably playing zone on Davone Bess and tying up Hartline on the sides. Eifert can cross that middle and stretch it, especially being really good at jump balls in the middle. It makes the most sense at #12 and for the offense. Philbin wants his Jermichael Finley, Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham type.

The Phins have 2 second round picks and 2 3rd round picks to get a CB or DL.

Keller can't stretch the middle, Eifert can. Defenses will already be doubling up on Wallace for the dep route, probably playing zone on Davone Bess and tying up Hartline on the sides. Eifert can cross that middle and stretch it, especially being really good at jump balls in the middle. It makes the most sense at #12 and for the offense. Philbin wants his Jermichael Finley, Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham type.
Hold on, this could change things. Does Eifert have any kids that he refuses to pay child support for?

Rhodes/Eifert sounds good. I like Eifert more but Rhodes seems to fit a greater need if you're philosophically going in that direction. Eifert is going to be a beast.

Draxal

Great Rant by Colin of the Great Blue North Draft Report.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=470244

Bottom line is best advice I can give to people is to chill out and let the draft play out. Should be really interesting as the Giants are not the only team in the league which has a) given out almost nothing in terms of meaningful clues as to what they are thinking and b) could go in multiple directions this weekend. Indeed, after KC which seems pretty committed to OT Joeckel if they don't get a last-minute trade offer, there are 30 other teams in about the same situation as the Giants.

squicken

Eifert is getting the most votes. Eifert is the pick. Jets on the clock

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--on the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

Fantomex

Hold on, this could change things. Does Eifert have any kids that he refuses to pay child support for?

I meant athletically hehe, and when Finley was actually good.

Jets select Trufant. Nevermind these are the jets. They go with Warmack, an average football player, overhyped and underdeveloped. Perfect for the Jets franchise.

Geno to the Jets. They are not going to go through a year with buttfumble and Garrard at QB. I really think they need to grab a QB and having 2 firsts let them do that without feeling like they didnt get anything out of their first round pick.

Warmack.

Saints showing interest in Tank Carradine at #15:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl...-carradine-new-york-giants-new-orleans-saints

Niners also interested later in the first:

Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network tweeted Monday that the New Orleans Saints, who draft 15th in the first round, "seem quite intrigued" by the 6-foot-4, 273-pound defensive end.

CSN Bay Area also speculated that the San Francisco 49ers might be targeting Carradine with the 31st pick should be still be on the board.

EDIT: Sheldon Richardson is still on the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom