• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

More a statement of amazement than actual inquiry though I suppose he may not be considered Top 15 talent by some.

This is the stupidest draft in a long time. There's no clear cut talent separation like previous drafts.

Colin's quote on BBI mirrors my thought on this draft.

squicken

Warmack. A big sweaty butt to continue the legacy

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--on the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

More a statement of amazement than actual inquiry though I suppose he may not be considered Top 15 talent by some.

Sorry, misunderstood. fwiw I have him here. Proper spot to take a chance on him.

ISOM

Richardson to the Panthers. Definitely.

They could also go WR with Patterson now that I think about it though.

Everyone on panthers forum don't want Richardson, the panthers have not even worked him out. All panthers fans are like wtf do people keeping mocking him to the panthers when there is very little interest.

I vote Richardson but Patterson could work too. This is about what the best move for the team not the sexiest on Panthers forum and Cam can't spend his whole career slanging himself to death because Carolina refuses to get a D

squicken

Richardson

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--hold on
15)Saints--

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

ISOM

I vote Richardson but Patterson could work too. This is about what the best move for the team not the sexiest on Panthers forum and Cam can't spend his whole career slanging himself to death because Carolina refuses to get a D

Patterson is probably too raw and the panthers have not worked out Richardson.

Bowser

Xavier Rhodes. I don't think the Panthers are as high on Richardson as many mock drafters think they are and Rhodes could step in and replace Gamble. I think the Panthers will target DT in the 2nd round (Kawaan Short IMO).

edit: lol 2 min too late

squicken

Kenny Vaccaro or possibly reaching for hopkins.

I'm not ignoring you, just that you were never going to overcome the rest of the votes. I could both of those things. I have Vaccarro to the Saints. Just think Richardson is better there, but this draft is nuts, so who knows!?

Panthers need defense. That's cost them many more games the past two years than offense. Sure, they could look at drafting the heir apparent to Steve Smith, but the biggest immediate needs are filling the big gaping holes at DT and in the secondary.

Honestly if Richardson falls to them, I think they have to take him. He's explosive for his size, and will draw some of the blocking away from Hardy and Johnson. It probably won't be popular in Panthers land, but tackle is the right move here, even if it's not the sexiest.

Bowser

richardson pick withdrawn. interested to hear panthers fan weigh in

List of players Panthers have met with:

Code:
1	OT Lane Johnson
2	OT Chris Faulk
3	OT/OG D.J. Fluker
4	OG Larry Warford
5	WR DeAndre Hopkins
6	WR Stedman Bailey
7	WR Tyrone Goard
8	WR Markus Wheaton
9	WR Tavon Austin
10	WR Quinton Patton
11	TE Gavin Escobar
12	TE/FB Kyle Juszczyk
13	DT Sharrif Floyd
14	DT Sylvester Williams
15	DT Kawann Short
16	DT Akeem Spence
17	DT Brandon Williams
18	DT Bennie Logan
19	FS Kenny Vacarro
20	SS Zeke Motta
21	SS Jonathan Cyprien
22	SS Matt Elam
23	DE Ezekiel Ansah
24	DE David Bass
25	DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo
26	DE/DT Datone Jones
27	? Unknown
28	? Unknown

I'm assuming with a deep d-line class we're going to take a DT in the 2nd round and either upgrade secondary or add a weapon for Cam at 14. I would have said Austin but he's already off the board, and I think Rhodes is a better prospect at a more valuable position than Vaccaro which is why I went with him.

Also, Richardson is an UT and we've already got Dwan Edwards - true, he's not a long-term answer there, but this is a win or else season for Rivera and by all accounts Gettleman isn't going to purposefully sabotage the season to get his own guy in, so again, I'd think we're more likely to take more of a NT type such as Short in the 2nd round rather than Richardson in the 1st.

Everyone on panthers forum don't want Richardson, the panthers have not even worked him out. All panthers fans are like wtf do people keeping mocking him to the panthers when there is very little interest.
Do the Panthers have a history of drafting players that they have visit? Just curious as that would change my view on Richardson being picked. Lack of speculative interest means dick at the end of the day for plenty of teams who don't necessarily pick based on who they've had in to visit them.

Agreed, it's tough to be rewarded for Pro Bowl-quality play and being part of the best secondary in football.
Kam is the man. VT pride!

kam-chancellor.jpg

Fantomex

Haha nobody cares about the panthers. Freesnes?

I'm about to get all up in dis Ni No Kuni. I saw that the guide is $40 bucks? wutidonteven. I go online for some video guides if I run into trouble.

cdyhybrid

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
RT @ClaytonESPN: Kam Chancellor received five-year, $35 million contract extension from Seahawks. He gets $17 million guaranteed.

Nice payday for Kam!

I'm about to get all up in dis Ni No Kuni. I saw that the guide is $40 bucks? wutidonteven. I go online for some video guides if I run into trouble.
NNK is amazing, if you like classic JRPG's you won't regret it. Just make sure you do the optional stuff so you won't have to grind.

The guide is $25 on Amazon. I bought it for some reason and it's really nice, but you have to value strategy guides. It definitely isn't necessary given the internet's existence, of course.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

The last game I needed an actual guide for was Dragon Quest 8.

Ni No Kuni is a straight up copy of that game with Pokemon mixed in so I can imagine the guide being helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom