• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
"Weinberger considers the red carpet element of the draft an underdeveloped asset -- perhaps the California sun is getting to him. He has assigned Kevin Frazier of The Insider and NFL staffer Melissa Stark to co-host what will likely be an episode in vapidity. Angela Simmons, the daughter of Run-DMC's Joseph (Run) Simmons, will provide fashion critiques of the draftees on-air. Red Carpet coverage starts at 4:00 p.m. ET on Thursday night. "

eznark

Banned
So their first two picks are going to be 2 of 3 of a guard, Mingo, or Geno? If that's the case I would say Mingo here. Geno with 13 if for some odd reason Chance and Cooper are gone

I still think they'll focus on defense. Build on strength. Take Mingo and Vaccaro and get real stout. Get back to being a Rex Ryan team.

Colasante

Jonathan Cooper to the Titans. I think he'd fit better with a more mobile QB like Locker.

I still think they'll focus on defense. Build on strength. Take Mingo and Vaccaro and get real stout. Get back to being a Rex Ryan team.

My only question is whether or not Idzik even wants this to be a Rex Ryan team. He traded Revis against Ryan's objections, so I wouldn't be surprised if he began building the team his own way.

squicken

Jonathan Cooper to the Titans. I think he'd fit better with a more mobile QB like Locker.

My only question is whether or not Idzik even wants this to be a Rex Ryan team. He traded Revis against Ryan's objections, so I wouldn't be surprised if he began building the team his own way.

It's hard to figure the Jets. They absolutely have a NY media that loves to rip them. The agent for Revis will dish and dish on everything going on there. I imagine a lot of the leaks and unnamed sources over the years were Revis

But also, people seem to think Woody Johnson is in charge and the others are the public face of his decisions. I think he was the one who said get rid of Revis, but imposed petty restrictions on the process

Giants purportedly interested in developmental TE from Colorado, Nick Kasa in the mid-late rounds.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl...-new-york-giants-nick-kasa-tight-end-colorado

In a prospect profile of the Colorado tight end, BBV's Jesse Bartolis said Kasa "is a tenacious blocker, has the speed to stretch the field and the size to be a red-zone threat. He's a really appealing option, but he has a long way to go before he is a consistent receiving threat -- a developmental prospect at this stage."

Pauline wrote that "Kasa does not offer immediate starting possibilities but is a sensational developmental prospect."

The Giants signed Brandon Myers as a free agent to replace Martellus Bennett at tight end. They also have veteran Bear Pascoe and young, developing Adrien Robinson at the position.

There were reports early in the pre-draft process that Giants tight ends coach Mike Pope was enamored with a mid- to late-round draft prospect. Is Kasa that player?

Draxal

It's hard to figure the Jets. They absolutely have a NY media that loves to rip them. The agent for Revis will dish and dish on everything going on there. I imagine a lot of the leaks and unnamed sources over the years were Revis

Aka Mike Francessa trolling the Jets and Jets fans from 1-4 every weekday.

squicken

Cooper

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--On the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

Chargers grab Fluker. He's making his way up draft boards because some teams seem to think he can play LT (I don't think he can) and the Chargers are tackle needy if memory serves.

Colasante

Chance Warmack to the Chargers. If Philip Rivers has a chance of salvaging his career in San Diego, he needs to be protected, likewise with Ryan Matthews. The team has a ton of needs, but with the tackles all gone, they should avoid overthinking it and select a blue chip player.

squicken

I don't think Fluker can play tackle, but he can play guard. They need line help. Play him at guard for a year, see if he can be molded into a tackle. Fluker's my choice

Wes

venison crêpe
I think Fluker can play RT but I see the Chargers taking the other guard? Warmack?

Which would suck now for the Jets.

Draxal

If I had known that I would have said the Jets would take Ansah. I don't think the Chargers would pass him up either.

Mingo's a much better fit for their d then Ansah is. And the Jets do love him. Chargers need line help desperately, they should have traded up for the Browns spot, but we're doing a no trade mock.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Chargers took Johnnie Troutman late last year, knowing he'd miss the season. They're probably counting on him being healthy and playing guard this year. Not sure they need two stud guards above their other needs.

I don't think Fluker can play tackle, but he can play guard. They need line help. Play him at guard for a year, see if he can be molded into a tackle. Fluker's my choice
Fluker can play RT and he'll be a damned good one but I don't think he's a LT at all. Either way, SD needs line help and Fluker at tackle makes sense to me. They are another team that wanted Lane Johnson.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/04/22/3996950/trial-begins-in-ex-nfl-players.html

The doctor that cleared Jarvis Jones to play, and is being sued by Samari Rolle for botching a neck surgery, died this morning. Seems like it's natural causes, but odd/sad

original.jpg

eznark

Banned
Mingo's a much better fit for their d then Ansah is. And the Jets do love him. Chargers need line help desperately, they should have traded up for the Browns spot, but we're doing a no trade mock.

Trade up for a guard? C'mon man.

As chuck said they already feel like they're getting a high round guard in Troutman. If someone with the raw ability of Ansah who fills a serious need falls into their lap and they pass him up I will be stunned.

Draxal

Trade up for a guard? C'mon man.

As chuck said they already feel like they're getting a high round guard in Troutman. If someone with the raw ability of Ansah who fills a serious need falls into their lap and they pass him up I will be stunned.

Nah, it would have been for Lane Johnson, who went to the Cardinals right afterwards.

squicken

The Chargers took Johnnie Troutman late last year, knowing he'd miss the season. They're probably counting on him being healthy and playing guard this year. Not sure they need two stud guards above their other needs.

Thanks chuck. Had no idea about Troutman. That would rule out Warmack. They could use lots of things on offense, or DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom