• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

And now supposedly the Chargers are going to meet Alberts demands from the chiefs. hehe. Throws a wrench into the draft. But I still think they can get an OL because they are so thin.

Honestly I think (hope) they realize they need to retool so I could see them going any direction. BPA so maybe even Jarvis Jones or Sheldon Richardson.
If the Albert deal happens, I think you were on the money with Ansah. You have to grab him for the raw athleticism and they do have need on the defensive line.

So guys, help me out here. I'm looking at CBS' mock drafts and 2 of the 6 have Ansah falling all the way to the Giants. Why, if he is so obviously the choice the Chargers should make, are those guys predicting him falling that far? I'm not being rhetorical here, I don't know anything about these "experts," just wondering what you guys thought.

Fantomex

Here's the kicker. The beat writers aren't sure if the Chargers are actually offering their first rounder for Albert! Dumb chargers it better not be true.

Wes

venison crêpe
I just saw that Cossell has DJ Hayden as his number 1 CB in the draft too. With the latest mullings about Milliner's shoudler injury too... Milliner looks to be freefalling.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So guys, help me out here. I'm looking at CBS' mock drafts and 3 of the 6 have Ansah falling all the way to the Giants. Why, if he is so obviously the choice the Chargers should make, are so many people predicting him falling that far? I'm not being rhetorical here, I don't know anything about these "experts," just wondering what you guys thought.

He's raw. Has limited experience playing football, let alone at a high level. All the physical tools, but he's going to need to be developed.

So guys, help me out here. I'm looking at CBS' mock drafts and 2 of the 6 have Ansah falling all the way to the Giants. Why, if he is so obviously the choice the Chargers should make, are those guys predicting him falling that far? I'm not being rhetorical here, I don't know anything about these "experts," just wondering what you guys thought.

I've heard he has a high potential to bust. Doesn't he have limited play too? Like he has only played one or two seasons or something?

Fantomex

He's only played 9 complete football games. EVER. If i read right.

Colasante

I just saw that Cossell has DJ Hayden as his number 1 CB in the draft too. With the latest mullings about Milliner's shoudler injury too... Milliner looks to be freefalling.

Don't believe that Milliner crap for a second. That sounds entirely like a team wanting Milliner to fall to them.

Draxal

So guys, help me out here. I'm looking at CBS' mock drafts and 3 of the 6 have Ansah falling all the way to the Giants. Why, if he is so obviously the choice the Chargers should make, are so many people predicting him falling that far? I'm not being rhetorical here, I don't know anything about these "experts," just wondering what you guys thought.

He's very very very Raw, and the teams that need pass rushers seem to be 3/4 teams and he's going to be a 4/3 pass rusher.

I'm sure some of those analyst feel that Ansah is being "overrated" due to his lack of collegiate experience and they feel that scouts and teams won't fall head over heels for him on just being a pure athlete.

I think that's downright wrong. The Giants grabbed JPP at 15 based on pure athleticism and turned him into an All-Pro. Teams will grab Ansah and try to do the same.

eznark

Banned

The other four don't have him falling past ten. It isn't a science. It's guessing.

squicken

The only DL prospect I like is Star, and I wouldn't take any of the pass rushers. I think there are 6 very good offensive linemen. If I was picking top 10, that's where I'd go. I'd spend 3 months lamenting the lack of impact skill players or pass rusher or QBs, but on draft day, I'd make the best of a bad situation. I think 6 OL are gone in the first 11 picks

eznark

Banned
The only DL prospect I like is Star, and I wouldn't take any of the pass rushers. I think there are 6 very good offensive linemen. If I was picking top 10, that's where I'd go. I'd spend 3 months lamenting the lack of impact skill players or pass rusher or QBs, but on draft day, I'd make the best of a bad situation. I think 6 OL are gone in the first 11 picks

Six? In the top 11 picks? Who? No way does someone reach that hard for a guy like Warford or (lol) Barrett Jones. Maybe I'm missing someone.

Colasante

Six? In the top 11 picks? Who? No way does someone reach that hard for a guy like Warford or (lol) Barrett Jones. Maybe I'm missing someone.

Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Warmack, Cooper, Fluker.

Menelik Watson, Justin Pugh, and Terron Armstead have also been getting 1st round buzz.

eznark

Banned
Oh lol, I think Fluker is a bigger reach than Warford.

Man, this draft might actually be amazing for teams that are at least mildly ok with their offensive lines. If those guys all go early I am loving where the Packers are.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Man, this draft might actually be amazing for teams that are at least mildly ok with their offensive lines. If those guys all go early I am loving where the Packers are.

You're going to love it even more when instead of 6 linemen going in the top 10, it's actually 6 quarterbacks.

Yeah, first round buzz. Not top 11 buzz. Taking Fluker top 11 is insanity to me.
It's weird but there's been a ton of talk about a big run on tackles at the top of the board. Yes, even Fluker which is why I threw the name out there. OL desperate teams are apparently considering it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Who do you like outside of Eifert for Green Bay?

A lot of the mocks have Eifert gone well before we pick.

eznark

Banned
Who do you like outside of Eifert for Green Bay?

A lot of the mocks have Eifert gone well before we pick.

BPA! If the draft is run by the guys on this board it'll basically be bobbing for apples in a dixie cup with an apple sitting on top of it. Can't go wrong the way defensive guys are tumbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom