• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

I thought that the Marrone connection would be enough to get him drafted in the 4th or 5th instead of later. The way he's being projected now is nuts though.

It is, but I think we're kinda biased since we are Rutgers fans. I asked LJ in the other thread, and he did a kinda review on Nassib, and the Rutgers games were probably his worst games.

jbug617

Banned
Eifert is probably in play for the Dolphins and maybe the Jets at 13.

I wonder how the Jets approach the draft. Does Rex have a big say in who they pick because it's a possibility he might not be there a year from now.

KingGondo

Banned
Glad you like it, man!

Yeah, if you have any questions about the game, go ahead and ask here. Bionic/Darkest and I are all vets of the series.
Thanks, will do.

I was a bit hesitant because I kinda hate traditional JRPGs, and I'm not the biggest strategy gamer either... But the gameplay is effortless and the strategy makes tons of sense. The graphics are also fun, and I'm already starting to develop affection for some of the characters (and I'm only on Chapter 3).

Great stuff.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Speaking of addicting RPGs I started playing Dark Souls two weeks ago and the game is as brilliant as everyone said it was. I have fun grinding which is something I don't think I've ever said for any RPG.

I just got my PS3 like a month ago so I'm playing a ton of stuff I missed out on the cheap.

PSN is Kastrioti516 - send me a friend request cause I have no PSN friends. :( One thing the 360 has over the PS3 for sure, is it seems like the overall online community on PS3 is not as strong as it is on Live.

Today, I officially join Old-GAF, as I am now 30. Sucks.

So football related; planning my yearly road game and its down to Chicago and Miami. I'm leaning heavily towards Chicago.

Draxal

Thanks, will do.

I was a bit hesitant because I kinda hate traditional JRPGs, and I'm not the biggest strategy gamer either... But the gameplay is effortless and the strategy makes tons of sense. The graphics are also fun, and I'm already starting to develop affection for some of the characters (and I'm only on Chapter 3).

Great stuff.

I'll give a couple of tips.

1. Frederick is a scalpel and not a hammer, you can't use him to kill everything otherwise the rest of the team will fall behind.

2. The game will throw a million units at you, you only want to focus on using about 10-14 at max otherwise you'll be throwing away experience.

xnipx

So football related; planning my yearly road game and its down to Chicago and Miami. I'm leaning heavily towards Chicago.

Miami. That way I can tell you to your face how stupid you are to hate flacco after he lights up their overrated overpaid defense.

Plus how could you possibly pick Chicago over south beach? Come on man lol

Speaking of addicting RPGs I started playing Dark Souls two weeks ago and the game is as brilliant as everyone said it was. I have fun grinding which is something I don't think I've ever said for any RPG.

I just got my PS3 like a month ago so I'm playing a ton of stuff I missed out on the cheap.

PSN is Kastrioti516 - send me a friend request cause I have no PSN friends. :( One thing the 360 has over the PS3 for sure, is it seems like the overall online community on PS3 is not as strong as it is on Live.
It's funny, I think my top two favorite games at this point in my life are FE: Awakening and Dark Souls. Like most people on GAF I have a lot of nostalgia for older games but that doesn't mean I refuse to see them dethroned, hence the reason why those two relatively new games are currently the pinnacle of excellence for me.

But yeah, Dark Souls is unbelievably good. My advice --- don't be afraid to use a wiki to dig into the mechanics and weapon/item information, but try to save most of the rest of the discovery for yourself. Exploring the world of Dark Souls and seeing how it all connects and intertwines is one of the greatest parts of the experience, in my opinion.

Miami. That way I can tell you to your face how stupid you are to hate flacco after he lights up their overrated overpaid defense.

How is the Dolphins D overrated exactly? I fully expect Flacco to ball all over the Dolphins next year.

KingGondo

Banned
I'll give a couple of tips.

1. Frederick is a scalpel and not a hammer, you can't use him to kill everything otherwise the rest of the team will fall behind.

2. The game will throw a million units at you, you only want to focus on using about 10-14 at max otherwise you'll be throwing away experience.
Good to know.

I was already leaning toward using Frederick a lot, but like I said: I'm not that far into the game yet.

Happy birthday!

Also 30 is the new 20.

It's sad to see old people tell lies to themselves. ;)

I personally would find the city of Chicago a lot more interesting than Miami. But it depends on when the Bears game is, sitting there in December might be a bit cold.

xnipx

It's sad to see old people tell lies to themselves. ;)

I personally would find the city of Chicago a lot more interesting than Miami. But it depends on when the Bears game is, sitting there in December might be a bit cold.

Ehhh going from one cold city to another isn't my idea of a fun trip. But I don't think Larry actually lives in Baltimore so it's probably different for him

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Oh wow forgot you were born the day after me.

To think I was that close to being a Ravens fan when I learned the Browns history.

We could have been bros.

I'm not sure you should be traveling at your age...then again, you'd feel right at home down in Miami! Happy Bday, Man! Welcome to men's club. Now, may your miserable team go back to the days of Ted Marchibroda!

Fantomex

If Chip drafts a tight end that early, he will be labeled an idiot college coach with no foundation. You can't draft a Tight End in the Top 10.

Michael-Vick-Cmon-Son-DDotOmen.jpg

:-(

10 years down the road, 40 will be the new 20!

Thinking about 10 years from now freaks me the fuck out, not even kidding.

Ehhh going from one cold city to another isn't my idea of a fun trip. But I don't think Larry actually lives in Baltimore so it's probably different for him

I've never been to Chicago, seems like a real interesting city, but possibly more interesting when it isn't freezing. Miami would have probably been more fun the last time I was there if I was older than 21 (Or if you guys start allowing alcohol at the age of 18, like the rest of the civilized world.)

Oh wow forgot you were born the day after me.

To think I was that close to being a Ravens fan when I learned the Browns history.

We could have been bros.

You still got your young kitten looks.

So I guess you took that avatar by choice, then?

Gheghe

Der kaffee.

Studying for when you move to Germanland?

I'll be 25 in a month. My legs are already starting to fail me. I can't use a treadmill anymore because my left knee feels like it's about to explode shortly afterwards.

bionic77

Auch ein blindes Huhn findet mal ein Korn.

Or something.
I reject your team and your fuhrer.

*I don't understand the language you are speaking, but it since it appears to be German and since you are definitely a Pats fan, it is pretty reasonable to conclude that this is some kind of sick offer to join up with a neo nazi or klan organization.

So I guess you took that avatar by choice, then?
I can't predict the future (i.e. injuries) and I won't back down to the Patriots!

Also I was vindicated in predicting that the Ravens would win the SB based on their superior shittiness and that Brady and co. would once again choke like bitches at home in the playoffs (admittedly the first prediction was more impressive than the 2nd).

squicken

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--on the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

New Orleans on the clock

I think Jarvis Jones was the consensus pick for NO. It's safe to move on, IMO.

In Giants news:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 1m

A league source confirms that RB Andre Brown has signed his tender with the Giants. Now a one-year, $2.02 million deal. #NYG

squicken

Richardson is still the pick

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--on the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

Alec Ogletree would be the pick, but since Fluker is there, it's him. Dahl and Saffold are FAs next year. Fluker can play guard for a year then move to RT, and possibly replace Long if he develops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom