• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I am referring to the on-field temper tantrum while the play was still going
Yeah. Fisher hates guys with attitude issues.

johnson-finnegan.gif

ChanHuk

Banned
So I need to beat Luigi soon so I can trade it into Amazon and get $48, basically will get the game for free, get Fire Emblem afterwards and giggle in joy.

squicken

lol not even close to the same thing. Vaccaro quit on a play and showed up his teammates on what could have been a fumble. he's a baby. finnegan is a punk

squicken

Fluker is still the pick

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--DJ Fluker
17)Steelers--On the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

my vote is tyler bray. need a qb that can play a full season

Fluker is still the pick

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--DJ Fluker
17)Steelers--On the clock

:jnc no. Steelers aren't wasting a first round pick on a backup QB. Nonsense.

Steelers need pass rushers, a NT, 3-4 END and WR would work.

This draft is light on the 3-4 end department and I don't think there's a real quality 2-GAP NT worth taking at 17, either. They could go LB but who?

WR seems like something they could get at 17 that would give some value. Maybe Patterson here?

Going to say now that with the remaining talent I believe firmly that the Steelers will bail on 17. The remaining guys are second round at best talent masquerading as firsts.

That said, I think the guy is Cordarelle Patterson. Steelers need a big bodied WR. They've had too many shrimps that disappear in the redzone, they need a playmaker to go up and get them, especially with Heath gone.

Haha no.

Steelers like Bray and he's rumored to be on their board, but the first is reserved for slam dunk guys who can start, not backup projects.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'll let you guys work out who, but for the sake of relevancy here, the Steelers are going to take the bpa. The bpa on their board, not Mel's or yours or whoever's. Once again referring to the Revis draft, the Steelers took Timmons with the 15th pick. Timmons, who was rated as a late first/second round guy to most.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Rashard Mendenhall has blogged about his new home.

I've enjoyed experiencing the beautiful weather, the warm people, the architecturally stunning city library, as well as the widely known "All Star Special" at the local Waffle House!

squicken

I'll let you guys work out who, but for the sake of relevancy here, the Steelers are going to take the bpa. The bpa on their board, not Mel's or yours or whoever's. Once again referring to the Revis draft, the Steelers took Timmons with the 15th pick. Timmons, who was rated as a late first/second round guy to most.

okay.

The one thing Steelers don't do is reach on linebackers. None of the LB's with first round grades are up the Steelers alley, and the Steelers typically like to convert 4:3 DE to outside linebackers as they routinely go up against bigger bodies in college.

edit: just remembered that Patterson was our other mock's pick too. Solidarity Steelers brethren!

I think Patterson is the pick for the Steeelers at 17. I agree with DK in saying the Steelers need a big bodied guy and fits a need with Wallace departing for Miami and Sanders on a one year deal right now. Brown is the only long term WR talent they have signed at the moment. I don't see a LB'er on the board worth the #17 pick.

squicken

LB class is deep so teams can wait until round two. The problem here as that the top shelf guys at scarce positions are gone. That's why it will be hard to trade down? Who is trading up, for what?

I Like the Patterson idea as well

I think Vacarro would be in play here also. Both Steeler safeties are getting up there in age so could be a possibility.
Definitely agree. Troy will miss his usual 6 or more games and even behind their starters I don't think they have any depth as Mundy and the other character they had moved on to other teams.

Vacarro should definitely be on the list.

Draxal

I think so many people have picked Patterson including Steeler fans, that it isn't up for debate.

I just think the wr class this year is even deeper than the lb class, but both classes aren't exactly top heavy.

squicken

btw make sure and DVR/watch the 30for30 tonight on ESPN. On '83 draft. Produced by NFL Films and made by the guy who does Hard Knocks

squicken

Patterson

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--DJ Fluker
17)Steelers--Cordarrelle Patterson
18)Cowboys--Vaccaro
19)Giants--

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

CB?

cdyhybrid

Today, I officially join Old-GAF, as I am now 30. Sucks.

So football related; planning my yearly road game and its down to Chicago and Miami. I'm leaning heavily towards Chicago.

Happy birthday, man. At least you have that Lombardi! If we manage to get one by the time I turn 30 (<4 years now) I'll gladly accept the big 3-0.

As for your road game, Chicago will probably be the better game experience, but Miami has the weather and the beaches and all that Miami-type stuff.

Colasante

Tank Carradine to the Giants. Possibly the best pass rusher in the draft, might have been a top 10 pick without the ACL tear, appears close to fully healed now. Giants covet pass rushers and need an Osi replacement. They're also good enough as it is to allow Carradine some time on the PUP if that were necessary.

I think for sure Tackle for the G-Men. Diehl is getting up there and Eli really responded poorly to pressure last season.
Fluker is gone. No tackle on the board worth 19. They can address tackle in the second.

Carradine or CB (Rhodes or Trufant) for the pick, IMO. I like Trufant more for the Giants defense if we're going CB.

If a top tackle isn't available, I think the Giants go best available best rusher and that's either Carradine or Datone Jones. I think Carradine has a higher ceiling.

What's worse? forgetting the Boys pick or that none of their fans were here to point it out.

Fluker is gone. No tackle on the board worth 19. They can address in the second.

Carradine or CB (Rhodes or Trufant). I like Trufant more for the Giants defense.

Do you really think the CB are worth the 19th though? I don't, certainly not for the Giants.

I mean, gotta pick something, but still.

Draxal

What's worse? forgetting the Boys pick or that none of their fans were here to point it out.

Do you really think the CB are worth the 19th though? I don't, certainly not for the Giants.

I mean, gotta pick something, but still.

Cb's a need, Webster's done after this year and there is no heir apparent.

I'm going to go Hayden, Giunta's a top flight secondary coach who can coach him up.

I think there's going to be good defensive line/olinemen in the second/third rounds. Someone line Hunt in the second and Schwenke in the third.

I think the Giants go pass rusher. CB isn't out of the question but I agree with the viewpoint that this is very deep CB class and the Giants can grab one much later.

If I'm looking at it from what I think the Giants should do? Carradine increased his draft stock with a great workout and as mentioned, he likely would have gone much higher without the ACL so it fits Reese grabbing a player that feel due to circumstance. Without a tackle/guard...pass rush all the way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom