• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
The hype of the draft is built up over months and even longer for those rooting for a team with a losing season. Getting an elite prospect is one of the sole hopes such a fan has and it essentially turns the draft into a spectacle. After deliberating with fellow fans for so long and viewing countless mock drafts and insights by beat writers, the show put on is somewhat of a pay off. Besides the commentary, you get the initial reaction of these kids as a very special moment in their lives unfold. The elation or occasionally a hilarious crestfallen expression. You get to see an elite prospect hold up your team's jersey and it just creates an excitement and hope for fans of bad teams. It's a package and to have that all blown in half a second by a name in a tweet would indeed piss me off. I've been looking forward to this shit since well before the last season ended. The commercials are fine when you have a thread like this to go to and discuss the previous picks made. Hilarity always ensues in the first round. Always.

I've been looking forward to the draft for a long time too, but the spectacle is annoying and dumb.

Greg

Damnit, I thought the draft was tonight. I just kicked back in the recliner with a bowl of ice cream only to see "tomorrow at 8"...

its exactly what i want to happen but a lot of browns fans are tired of playing the waiting game and want immediate impact players. they dont really grasp nuances. of course the browns could draft another olineman and id probably groan too

I'd be totally fine with trading down. I cant seem to fall in love with any these guys this year. I have a really weird feeling they are gonna take Geno. I hope not.

Wes

venison crêpe
Mayock said Banner doing a brilliant job not revealing what they plan to do. No one around the league does and Mock has gone around asking.

squicken

Draft party in NYC that Eisen tweeted. FalseFlag

falseflagkodlu.jpg

What a disaster for CLE if Geno goes 6. What a way to burn last year's first

New regime, and they should have never drafted a 28 year old developmental QB in the first anyways. I'm not saying I like the Geno pick there, but I understand them moving away from Weeden

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

The :jncs would be great though. Make it happen Cleveland.

Has Mayocks mock been released yet? As long as we don't draft Ansah with our #5 tmrw I will probably be a happy man.

UberTag

The :jncs would be great though. Make it happen Cleveland.

Has Mayocks mock been released yet? As long as we don't draft Ansah with our #5 tmrw I will probably be a happy man.
I think you're stuck with Old Man Ansah unless you can work something out with Oakland for one of the tackles.

squicken

That writers mock has Sheldon Richardson going 31 when he could be a top 10 guy. Heck the Rams might draft him if he falls to 22

-FV yeah I saw that after I posted. Just not buying the "well when Ray Lewis was at the end of his career and slow he got by on smarts". Why draft a 22 year old who will only get slower and can't run with TEs in the first round?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I agree with Mayock on Teo. Despite his irrelevant 40 time, and fake GF he has always struck me as a smart football player, and thats what you need from your ILB.

I hope T'eo falls to Detroit in the 2nd but I think he's gaining a little momentum going ino draft night so he'll probably be gone.

Please no. :( We can get comparable talent with the second round of DE's, grab a guard if Milliner, Joekcel, Fischer or Dion Jordan are gone.

Colasante

That writers mock has Sheldon Richardson going 31 when he could be a top 10 guy. Heck the Rams might draft him if he falls to 22

I don't think there's any way he'd get past the Patriots at 29. I think the Panthers might be his actual floor, or the Cowboys possibly.

eznark

Banned
The "don't spoil news" crowd needs to be dipped in a vat of acid.

The pick is already burned. Move on from sunk costs, don't build around them. Though picking Geno sucks because he is going to suck.

jakncoke

Banned
Who would you rather the Steelers take? I actually think it would be a great pick for you guys considering Eifert is a hell of athletic TE and could give you guys some speed with Wallace now gone.

We have 1k holes, I know Miller is now 30 and coming off a ACL. But we have less talent/more age in many more areas. For who we take it really depends how the draft is falling, Honestly our best bet might be trading out of 1 and getting extra picks this year and next

Godslay

Banned
I agree with Mayock on Teo. Despite his irrelevant 40 time, and fake GF he has always struck me as a smart football player, and thats what you need from your ILB.

I hope T'eo falls to Detroit in the 2nd but I think he's gaining a little momentum going ino draft night so he'll probably be gone.

40 time is largely irrelevant, his times are fine for the position, his shuttle times were excellent which no one seems to mention. I think he'll work out just fine in the NFL.

Werner? Is he dropping that far?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

squicken

40 time is largely irrelevant, his times are fine for the position, his shuttle times were excellent which no one seems to mention. I think he'll work out just fine in the NFL.

Werner? Is he dropping that far?

In a Cover 2, which MIN plays and where I keep seeing him rumored, that 40 time does matter. I just don't think you take such a scheme limited player in the first round

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can we not mention Aaron Curry please

I specifically remember Mayhew having a "press conference" for fans in Detroit and when the topic of the draft came up those rubes in the crowd were chanting "Curry." Morons.

Tell why we would draft Teo at all? We have Tulloch locked for the next 4 years in the middle and drafted a talented guy in Lewis late last year. Teo can't play outside linebacker, so no need to draft him. He would be depth when the team can't afford to draft for depth in the top 3 rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom