• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

Mayock and Wilcots are saying there's a good chance the Browns take Geno Smith @ 6.

Smh.

Come on now. Two NFL Network employees are sending out information about a team run by Lombardi, another former NFL Network employee who happens to be the most smoke screen-happy person I've ever seen in the NFL. I don't buy it for a second. Seems like he's leaking the info to get Bills or Jets to jump up for him.

Wes

venison crêpe
Rappaport:

Bills would only target Barkley in second round. This is because around the league they've heard that if Nassib is available at #33 the Jaguars are definitely taking him.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
If they trade down to the Chargers or Fins spot and get a 2nd that's a good move.

Should still be some nice players available at 11-13.

its exactly what i want to happen but a lot of browns fans are tired of playing the waiting game and want immediate impact players. they dont really grasp nuances. of course the browns could draft another olineman and id probably groan too

Never thought people would actually enjoy useless commentary and 5 minutes of commercials per draft pick.

The hype of the draft is built up over months and even longer for those rooting for a team with a losing season. Getting an elite prospect is one of the sole hopes such a fan has and it essentially turns the draft into a spectacle. After deliberating with fellow fans for so long and viewing countless mock drafts and insights by beat writers, the show put on is somewhat of a pay off. Besides the commentary, you get the initial reaction of these kids as a very special moment in their lives unfold. The elation or occasionally a hilarious crestfallen expression. You get to see an elite prospect hold up your team's jersey and it just creates an excitement and hope for fans of bad teams. It's a package and to have that all blown in half a second by a name in a tweet would indeed piss me off. I've been looking forward to this shit since well before the last season ended. The commercials are fine when you have a thread like this to go to and discuss the previous picks made. Hilarity always ensues in the first round. Always.

Wes

venison crêpe
I think the Browns-Geno rumours are out there because Banner/Lombardi know if a QB goes before them at 6then one of two things likely happens:

1) Dion Jordan falls to them.
2) An OT falls to them and they'll be able to trade out.

This would be the clever smokescreen scenario.

Dragon

Banned
Full disclosure, whoever these alts are, I was not the first to call them out as snes. So if something happens to them IT'S ALL YOUR FAULTS YOU ASSHOLES.

squicken

Before the show? DON'T POST SPOILERS!

:D I gotta have a little fun with it, guys!

Oh he admits he has no idea what will happen, and expects it to be wrong. But he's entertaining to watch. Much better with draft stuff than as color guy during the year. That NDU stink takes a long time to wash off

Fantomex

Full disclosure, whoever these alts are, I was not the first to call them out as snes. So if something happens to them IT'S ALL YOUR FAULTS YOU ASSHOLES.

The blood of snes is in your hands. That will never change.

Geno sucks. I still don't understand why so many teams take chances on spread offense QB's. The risk is even higher.

Wes

venison crêpe
BBC asked Mike Mayock about Menelik Watson. "Might be the most raw high level player in the draft. He's a projection who has no idea what he's doing but is really talented physically. Expected to go late first beginning of the second and could be a great player in three years."

He also said Lawrence Okoye could be gambled on by a team in the 7th round.

Sky Sports and BBC Radio are also broadcasting the draft live tomorrow. Pretty cool.

JABEE

I'm going to tease some of my inspired picks:

PuqOjke.jpg
Going to sign up tonight!

squicken

BBC asked Mike Mayock about Menelik Watson. "Might be the most raw high level player in the draft. He's a projection who has no idea what he's doing but is really talented physically. Expected to go late first beginning of the second and could be a great player in three years."

He also said Lawrence Okoye could be gambled on by a team in the 7th round.

Sky Sports and BBC Radio are also broadcasting the draft live tomorrow. Pretty cool.

That's pretty awesome that they are carrying the draft. God damnit this might be the year that the NFL overtakes televised darts!

Colasante

Has anyone heard of any sites streaming the draft tomorrow night, either through ESPN or the NFL Network? I feel like the Watch ESPN app may be streaming it on 360, but I haven't heard anything definitive from either channel.

Wes

venison crêpe
That's pretty awesome that they are carrying the draft. God damnit this might be the year that the NFL overtakes televised darts!

Snooker World Championships are underway at the moment. That's unlikely. Same for Darts.

The Darts crowd at the Lakeside is insane. It's on my bucket list.

Has anyone heard of any sites streaming the draft tomorrow night, either through ESPN or the NFL Network? I feel like the Watch ESPN app may be streaming it on 360, but I haven't heard anything definitive from either channel.
Pretty sure NFLN will stream it on NFL.com, yeah.

EDIT: Mac92 beat me to it.

Dragon

Banned
Snooker World Championships are underway at the moment. That's unlikely. Same for Darts.

The Darts crowd at the Lakeside is insane. It's on my bucket list.

I hadn't heard of snooker before today. Pardon my American ignorance, but it's pretty interesting.

Wes

venison crêpe
Not surprising. There was some talk that they expressed interest in Welker and Edelman earlier in the offseason, so they must be in the market for a slot receiver.

What would it take to get him? We have a 3rd, a 4th and two 5ths. Giving away a 5th for him would be fine by me.

squicken

NFL.com feed is different from the TV feed. It's their B team announcers and commentators. Pretty sure you can get the ESPN feed with the watch ESPN app, but then, Chris Berman, so, you know

Colasante

What would it take to get him? We have a 3rd, a 4th and two 5ths. Giving away a 5th for him would be fine by me.

I can't imagine he'd be worth more than a 5th. He became a bit redundant in Miami when they signed Brandon Gibson. A 5th would probably be a nice deal for both sides.

Dragon

Banned
You know where Snooker is huge? China. I heard they have over a dozen tv channels broadcasting these world championships.

The company I work for now live streams snooker as a business. Pretty crazy stuff.

China huh? Man I'll have to ask them about that tomorrow.

UberTag

I don't think we are trading up as high as the Raiders pick. I could see us trying to get into the top 15 for a good corner or DE. Personally I think we need to address somewhere on the front 7 more than the secondary.
What about trading up to the 17 slot for either Eifert, Richardson or Rhodes (Milliner will be gone by then)?
I can't see the Steelers standing pat if Jarvis Jones isn't sitting there waiting for them (he will be if the Saints don't grab him at 15).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom