• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
@Edwerderespn
Chiefs GM John Dorsey says he and Andy Reid in 100 percent agreement on who to pick No. 1. No public reveal until on clock for trade poss.

@dpbrugler
Browns fans, it's pronounced Bar-kee-vee-us #NFLDraft

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Love:

1.) Dee Milliner
2.) Dion Jordan
3.) Chance Warmack

Hate:

1.) Ziggy Ansah
2.) Lane Johnson
3.) Tavon Austin (I think there is a slim possibility the Lions could shock everyone and take Tavon Austin at #5)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Love:

1) The entire Alabama offensive line
2) Tyler Eifert
3) Trading down for a safety and a center in a later round

Hate:

1) Trading up
2) Eddie Lacy
3) Manti Teo

Bowser

I dunno if there's anyone I'd absolutely hate given that we pick at 14, but I'd love either Lotulelei, Austin or Milliner (if injury concerns cause him to drop that far)

eznark

Banned
Love:

2) Tyler Eifert

Hate:

1) Trading up
2) Eddie Lacy
3) Manti Teo

I'm not in love with T'eo by any means but if the Packers end up with him at 26 it's probably decent value.

Wes

venison crêpe
if the browns give up a first for mallet they have officially drained all my good will from the last few years

Whenever a Mallett trade has been reported over the past few months it has always been for a second rounder. I would be less angry about giving up a 2nd for Mallett than a 1st for Smith/Manuel.

Although I'll be upset in general if we draft a QB in the first 4 rounds. Let Norv at least have a go at fixing Weeden.

Draxal

I dunno if there's anyone I'd absolutely hate given that we pick at 14, but I'd love either Lotulelei, Austin or Milliner (if injury concerns cause him to drop that far)

Watch you guys get Teoed (which would be even funnier because you had Keuchly).

I don't know what's going on over there and obviously a lot of the decisions they have made or haven't are direct orders from Woody.

Only reason Rex still has a job and Sanchez hasn't bee released is due to cap hits and paying 2 head coaches at the same time when you already paying two GMs.

That I get. What I don't get is why they would be so quick to move on from Mark who they wasted such a high pick on and then gave him an extension. I think he stinks but you can't honestly evaluate him until you give him actual weapons. When their OLINE was good and they had 2-3 RBs that offense wasn't terrible. He also had Braylen Edwards playing at his best.

If you don't like a QB in this draft, and most teams don't, give one last final try out year to Sanchez. Provide him with a running game and weapons to throw to. If he still fucks up then draft a QB from next year's crop.

Are you serious?

Sanchez is a bust. His problem is not his wide receivers or his coaches. Problem is him. Unfortunately for the Jets their previous GM was a moron who scrambled to lock up a bad player and now the Jets have to lay in their wet bed. On top of that Sanchez' biggest competition last season was Tim Tebow.

Austin brings more to the table than "just a slot guy" though. If you have an offensive mind that's willing to get the guy as many touches as possible in the game (as a Harvin type space player for instance), the value for such a player goes up, IMO.

While I agree that Austin is a special talent. Height matters, and typically highly drafted WR are taller, more muscled guys who can fight for balls on the outside. This is even more true today with teams employing more vertical schemes than they ever have. I will be surprised if Austin is drafted top 10.

I'm not in love with T'eo by any means but if the Packers end up with him at 26 it's probably decent value.

Te'o will sure do a lot to alleviate the Packers D's "soft" reputation.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Some team is going to get extremely lucky with Lotulelei at #10-15. IMO he is one of the top 3 players in the whole draft and the most dominant defensive lineman I've seen coming out of college since Suh.

Love:

2) Tyler Eifert

Hate:

1) Trading up
2) Eddie Lacy
3) Manti Teo

You're in good shape! No way we trade up or get either of those guys. I think we'll have some offers for a lower 1st round draft.

Love:

1. Warmack
2. Cooper
3. Carradine/Ansah

Hate:

1. Manti Te'o

Te'o is honestly the only pick in the first round that would annoy me (2nd round? No issue with it). I'd list Lacy but I don't think there's a chance in hell the Giants go RB so it's not worth the effort.

Wes

venison crêpe
Where's that picture which someoen did with our names over the team logos? I need to save it somewhere so I know which teams some of you guys follow.

Draxal

Love:

1. Warmack
2. Cooper
3. Carradine/Ansah

Hate:

1. Manti Te'o

Te'o is honestly the only pick in the first round that would annoy me. I'd list Lacy but I don't think there's a chance in hell the Giants go RB so it's not worth the effort.

Yours is the same as mine except I have Fluker above Carradine/Ansah (I'd much prefer Ansah over Carradine).

I would be upset if we picked any of the Georgia backers too.

On that Sanchez post...

Who was the last poor playing QB who improved significantly after receiving better weapons?

Love:

1. Warmack
2. Cooper
3. Carradine/Ansah

Hate:

1. Manti Te'o

Te'o is honestly the only pick in the first round that would annoy me (2nd round? No issue with it). I'd list Lacy but I don't think there's a chance in hell the Giants go RB so it's not worth the effort.

I pretty much don't care who other teams draft this year, save for one exception - I REALLY hope the Giants don't get Ansah. Can't bear the thought of him panning out and sharing that line with JPP.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Where's that picture which someoen did with our names over the team logos? I need to save it somewhere so I know which teams some of you guys follow.

1xMC6.jpg

Draxal

I'm interested to see if HOU or MIN does anything at QB. Could argue that both teams are held back by the position

Not in this draft; especially when next years is so much stronger in that regard. Minnesota should probably trade out for a future 1 next year if possible.

I'm interested to see if HOU or MIN does anything at QB. Could argue that both teams are held back by the position

I wouldnt argue that. I'd like to see if Ponder develops this year with a good set of receivers.

Either way, why draft a QB this year when next year is looking awesome.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Love:

1. Fisher
2. Joeckel
3. Warmack/Cooper

Hate:

1. Ansah
2. Jordan (we need a DE, not an OLB which is where he'd play)
3. Mingo

Slo

Love: Milliner
Love: Floyd
Love: Ogletree/Te'o

Hate: Any QB
Hate: Hopkins
Hate: Any boring DT

Just curious what do you like about Te'o? Guy is slow, can't cover, is either naive or retarded, isn't a credible leader, and against better competion (Alabama) they ran the ball right up his dickhole.

I'm not sure what his strong points are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom