• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
BIk8s6QCIAA8x6l.png:large

Draxal

Been my pick for a long while, yeah.

Jason Cole saying the Niners want Sheldon Richardson:

Richardson makes sense as a heir to Justin Smith.

I'm going to hope for a falling offensive lineman with Datone Jones if one of the offensive lineman doesn't fall.

I'm just very leery with the injuries; I think Reese got burned too much in the past by them.

Wes

venison crêpe
@TonyMoeaki81
Remember if you have any friends eligible for the draft..Be sure to call them all weekend from a blocked or unknown number during the draft

:jnc

ChanHuk

Banned
Good morning.

Pats fans are the worst etc etc etc
worse than bronies

Who's gonna be the first to cry "OH NOOOOO" tonight?

Maybe we need the Lions' fans to check in, but here's my take. It's not that they don't like Ansah or don't think Ansah can help them, it's that they don't like him as a top 5 pick. He's got the athleticism as Future notes but he may not be an immediate impact guy. When you pick in the top 5, you want a guy you can stick out there and have him help your team. Given Ansah's limitations, he's a risk as a top 5 pick. If they could get him at 20 I think they'd be happier with him.

Bingo. Ansah is more a long-term project than the immediate Day 1 upgrade the Lions need to replace KVB and Avril. We don't know if Schwartz and his staff will be here to stay and if he is out, will the new coach and staff be able to use Ansah the same?

It's why we'd rather have a Lane Johnson or Dee Milliner type player who isn't depending on being coached for a certain system that may be here today and gone tomorrow if things go poorly.

I wouldn't be opposed to a DE at 5 as long as it's the right guy ... which really means unless Sharif Floyd unexpectedly drops, I'd rather get an OL or DB with our pick.

They don't. They're under-the-radar bunglers. Even after an hbo special.

During games or whatever? lol gets added to everything. loltriots lolts

They've finally made it.
The Dolphins were the laughingstock of the league for years, and it peaked during their 1-15 season (deservedly so). As they've grown towards mediocrity the focus has appropriately shifted to other franchises that can't ever seem to get off the ground.

Did you expect them to win the Super Bowl with a rookie head coach and rookie QB? Give them another year or two at least (or, alternatively, until Ireland overpays Branden Albert) before passing your judgment on this phase of the organization.

Also, Google search numbers:

lolphins neogaf: 455 results
loltriots neogaf: 3 results
lolts neogaf: 4 results

Tamanon

Banned
Remember that draft when the Dolphins picked Ted Ginn over Brady Quinn? The fans went nuts, and it turns out that both players are subpar.

Colasante

Multiple teams have called the Patriots this week about a potential trade for backup quarterback Ryan Mallett, according to three league sources.

Whether the Patriots will trade the 2011 third-round pick is the question. But all three sources said the odds are slightly stronger that Mallett is dealt than kept by the Patriots.

The Patriots have been heavily scouting quarterbacks in the leadup to the draft, and could very well select one during the draft.

The Patriots would like more than a third-round pick after developing Mallett for two years. It's likely a second this season or a first in '14 would close the deal.

The potential trading partners aren't yet known, but the Browns have long been favorites to land Mallett. Not only did Browns general manager Mike Lombardi gush about the trade on NFL Network, but behind the scenes, Lombardi pushed Bill Belichick to take Mallett.

And while most teams haven't seen much of anything from Mallett in his two mediocre (at best) preseasons, Lombardi's son, Mick, had a front row seat for every practice as a coaching/scouting assistant. Mike Lombardi is now Jim Harbaugh's assistant with the 49ers.

The Browns don't have a second-round choice at this time, but could trade down and pick one up.

This is going to be a fun night.

Nightz

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 40s

The #Vikings and #Bears love Manti Te'o. If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago. That's what they plan to do
Maybe the Bears can draft Lennay Kekua.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mary Kay is a good megaphone for other people but her own opinions are way off.

Thats why I posted it. Doesn't seem to be her opinion which means it has traction.

Meanwhile Grossi continues to troll and Will Burge is cruisin' for poontang.

jergrah

Remember that draft when the Dolphins picked Ted Ginn over Brady Quinn? The fans went nuts, and it turns out that both players are subpar.

Correction, they drafted Ted Ginn and his family.

Fuck Cam Cameron.

I turned off the draft and left my house for the rest of the day.

Draxal

It's terrible at the top and I hear it isn't very deep. Trade all of the Steelers picks for the Jags first next year!

It's a weird draft, the top is horrible but the middle is pretty solid. Not much of a difference between 20-50.

Everybody tanks for Clowney. Every team will go 0-16.

Bingo. Ansah is more a long-term project than the immediate Day 1 upgrade the Lions need to replace KVB and Avril. We don't know if Schwartz and his staff will be here to stay and if he is out, will the new coach and staff be able to use Ansah the same?

It's why we'd rather have a Lane Johnson or Dee Milliner type player who isn't depending on being coached for a certain system that may be here today and gone tomorrow if things go poorly.

I wouldn't be opposed to a DE at 5 as long as it's the right guy ... which really means unless Sharif Floyd unexpectedly drops, I'd rather get an OL or DB with our pick.

No

Cooper or Warmack all day, please

eznark

Banned
2) Moving for Manti: The draft saga has been a wild one for Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o, with his real/imaginary personal life pulled apart in ways we've never seen. He was a sure-first first-rounder before the Fighting Irish got pummeled by Alabama in the national title game. And he was a clean, no-controversy prospect until we all learned what catfishing was. Now? Based on what I'm hearing, he'll end up where a lot of experts thought he'd go in the beginning -- in the middle of the first round. Word is Te'o is coveted by two NFC North foes: the Chicago Bears (holding the No. 20 pick) and Minnesota Vikings (Nos. 23 and 25). We've heard Minnesota wants to move up for a week or so. Why? My guess is for Te'o. If they want him, they likely will have to jump Chicago, as the Bears are said to be big fans of the local linebacker. From my view, I won't be surprised if the Vikings leapfrog Chicago by trading with either the Dallas Cowboys (No. 18) or New York Giants (19), both of whom could stand to move back and collect picks. That would put Te'o in the top 20, capping a rise, fall and then rise again for the ages.

My God, it's just too easy being a Packer fan.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

One GM: "Quiet before the storm." My response: "Not for the #Raiders." They are getting a ton of calls for No. 3. "It's red-hot," I'm told.

this is what I like to hear

Darren Connolly IV ‏@DConnollyNFL 3m

#Raiders #Falcons trade is "very likely to happen today" and that "if it happens it will rival the Julio Jones deal" #NFLDraft

even better

squicken

This is some sort of super long con by Belichcik. He had Lombardi telling him to take Mallett. He knew one day Lombardi would take over as GM for some terrible team. So he takes the awful QB. He hired Lombardi's kid as a scout to cultivate trust. Then Lombardi gets a job, and Belichick pawns off a worthless backup QB for a first round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom