• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Not in this draft; especially when next years is so much stronger in that regard. Minnesota should probably trade out for a future 1 next year if possible.

It makes sense for MIN , but I'd argue HOU really needs to think about it this year. They need something better than Yates who could possibly take over mid-season. Signing Reed was an acknowledgement of a closing window imo

effzee

Are you serious?

Sanchez is a bust. His problem is not his wide receivers or his coaches. Problem is him. Unfortunately for the Jets their previous GM was a moron who scrambled to lock up a bad player and now the Jets have to lay in their wet bed. On top of that Sanchez' biggest competition last season was Tim Tebow.

I already said I think he stinks but you can't deny that the Jets have done absolutely nothing to even see if he can be salvaged. Rex is a defensive coordinator masquerading as a head coach. He either can't handle running the whole team or only cares about his D. Mike Tannenbaum might go down as one of the worst GMs in history. Forget the deal to extend Sanchez, the contracts to guys Holmes, Revis (no franchise tag), and pick ups like Tebow made no sense. Letting go of serviceable RBs made no sense. Adding a Tebow made no sense.

Basically no control and Tannenbaum bought everything Rex sold

But they are in this mess now and they can't get out this year. Its the only reason Rex is still head coach. He won't be next year. Why pick a QB now when a new head coach might want someone completely different? They can't cut Mark this off season due to the stupid contract. So just like with Rex, they have to live with him for another year.

My point is that if you have no other choice but Mark, why not at least add weapons on offense? They have none. They did such a terrible job in FA and the draft that today the Jets have less talent at the skill positions than they did when they drafted Sanchez. How the fuck is that even possible? The OLINE is worse, no RB, no WRs, and the only TE they had just left. Whether its for Sanchez or QB they pick in next years draft, having Eifert and or Austin is a great starting point. Maybe don't pick both up, but at least one with the other pick being Warmack, Cooper, or Mingo.

Of all the teams picking high, I think somehow the Jets are right up there with the Jags and Raiders with the most needs and holes. Amazing for a team 2 years removed from being in the AFCG 2 years in a row.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just curious what do you like about Te'o? Guy is slow, can't cover, is either naive or retarded, isn't a credible leader, and against better competion (Alabama) they ran the ball right up his dickhole.

I'm not sure what his strong points are.

Also there's what LJ11 said about the guy:

Te'o actually played in a cover 2 system, or rather a heavy split safety system. Conservative as hell, dropping way deep, everything in front of you. Thing is, he was never the prime cover guy in that system. He'd drop deep but you rarely saw him run up the seam with a TE. Lots of quarters coverage, safety had his back. ND rarely blitzed their OLB, they were more cover guys than pass rushers. They used Slaughter as an OLB even though he's a SS, so they could keep TE/Y in check. Spond was used in that position, dog backer, this year and he did a pretty good job, guy to keep an eye on. Dog backer is the cover guy at ND, Cat is the pass rusher.

Bottom line, Teo didn't have to cover a lot of ground in the pass game, he had help and better guys around to help him out. Learned my lesson with Rolando, who looked like a good cover guy. In hindsight all Bama did was play man free and have Rolando rob/rat the middle of the field, he never had to go sideline to sideline with anyone. Saban knew how to use him, or rather, he had so much talent around him that he didn't need to do a whole lot.

LJ11 made it sound like he was a late round pick much less a first.

Just curious what do you like about Te'o? Guy is slow, can't cover, is either naive or retarded, isn't a credible leader, and against better competion (Alabama) they ran the ball right up his dickhole.

I'm not sure what his strong points are.

Greenway is the leader. That doesnt matter. Te'o can cover, he makes plays on the ball, he is a passionate player, and through 99% of his college career he was considered an elite college athlete.

That and a gut feeling.

Doesnt matter though, the Bears are gonna pick him.

bionic77

Clay could also hook him up with some size, strength, and speed
Roids are easy to come by. Teo is obvioulsy going to be juicing for whatever team he plays for.

What Teo really needs is an actual girlfriend of prostitute and pickings for both are slim in Green Bay. He needs to go to Cali or Miami.

Draxal

Of all the teams picking high, I think somehow the Jets are right up there with the Jags and Raiders with the most needs and holes. Amazing for a team 2 years removed from being in the AFCG 2 years in a row.

Tannenbaum was horrible, he was chasing the short fix every time; wasn't bothering to build a long term team at all.

led4lyfe

Eagles fan reporting in.

Love

1. Fisher/Joeckel
2. Trade down from #4 if Fisher/Joeckel aren't there to grab Richardson
3. Stay at #4 and draft Star

hate.

1. Draft Geno @ 4
2. Draft Jordan @4
3. Trade down to draft E.J. Manuel in late 1st.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Love: Anyone Broncos draft.

Hate: Anyone the rest of the AFC drafts.

Pretty simple.

At the end of the day this is what it comes down to. I may not like Ansah, but if the Lions draft him I'll support him and hope he adds to an already devastating d-line.

I know its not a position of need, but WHAT IF Tavon Austin is the BPA on Martin Mayhews draft board?

Mayhews philosophy since taking over has always been take the top player on the draft board regardless of position. Tavon Austin opposite of Megatron and Bush with Stafford throwing to them? Yes Please.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Whenever a Mallett trade has been reported over the past few months it has always been for a second rounder. I would be less angry about giving up a 2nd for Mallett than a 1st for Smith/Manuel.

Although I'll be upset in general if we draft a QB in the first 4 rounds. Let Norv at least have a go at fixing Weeden.

the little ive heard about him tells me hes just a strong armed/dumb qb

i agree id like to see what weeden does in an offense tailored to his strengths but ill assume the coaches have had some time with him to make some evaluations

then again, its the browns...

Wes

venison crêpe
2013 NFL Draft: Reporter Pranks Fans At Radio City Music Hall

"Buster Highman"

Roids are easy to come by. Teo is obvioulsy going to be juicing for whatever team he plays for.

What Teo really needs is an actual girlfriend of prostitute and pickings for both are slim in Green Bay. He needs to go to Cali or Miami.
Fine by me as long as he's picked up in the second.

I just don't think he's that good even in the second. He had alot of interceptions, but it was due to scheme like LJ mentioned.

Btw, the last free fire emblem spotpass map came out today.
Probably true but when you're a Dolphins fan you have to make some compromises. Slight underachiever in the second? Sounds great!

Thanks for the heads up. Have you had a chance to play the map yet? I'd like to get back to FE but I've got all these other long RPG's on the agenda (that I don't have time for). Just started Dragon's Dogma, I'll probably pick up Soul Sacrifice next week, and I still have Monster Hunter 3 and Etrian Odyssey IV unopened...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd take Mallett over any of these other QBs in this draft.

That said, I'd keep Weeden instead and ride it out for one season while picking up a major upgrade for another position. This just isn't the year to get a QB.

Fantomex

Te'o is fine at our spot imo. Don't love him, but I'm sure he'd be productive right away.

Probably true but when you're a Dolphins fan you have to make some compromises. Slight underachiever in the second? Sounds great!

Thanks for the heads up. Have you had a chance to play the map yet? I'd like to get back to FE but I've got all these other long RPG's on the agenda (that I don't have time for). Just started Dragon's Dogma, I'll probably pick up Soul Sacrifice next week, and I still have Monster Hunter 3 and Etrian Odyssey IV unopened...

Thank you guys for recommending Ni No Kuni. I love dat game. My two Pokemans is named Big E Smalls and Orangelo.

ChanHuk

Banned
Raiders targeting DJ Hayden if they trade down........I'm not down with that unless they trade back into the teens. Hayden should be there between 15-22.

squicken

Walter updated their mock and have Dee Milliner dropping to the Giants at 19.

McGinn said he and Reid have bad medicals. Main reason I'm against Lacy. And if the Browns buy that shit about Mallett somehow being the best available QB in this draft and give up some ridiculous amount in a trade, then Browns fans get their own thread

Godslay

Banned
Thank you guys for recommending Ni No Kuni. I love dat game. My two Pokemans is named Big E Smalls and Orangelo.

Np. Now I just have to finish that last bit. Between work, kids, and playoff bb it might be awhile! Same for Guacamelee at the last temple, just haven't gone back.

Does Philadelphia have any real interest? I bet if the Browns hold tight he'll be there at their pick. The more I think about it they are going to go for him.

Fantomex

Glad to hear it, man. How far have you gotten?

I'm 5 hours in. But I like it so much I have to stop playing after a while. If that makes any sense? I got done beating the crap out of that big purple boss rat. I was like damn, Kave's cousin gave me a wand. And I'm making sure to do al the sidequests and errands before I move on to the next story arc.

Colasante

None of the rumors about the Browns are believable, even the Mallett rumors. Lombardi plays the media more than any other GM. I don't think anyone actually knows that the Browns plan to do.

Godslay

Banned
I'm 5 hours in. But I like it so much I have to stop playing after a while. If that makes any sense? I got done beating the crap out of that big purple boss rat. I was like damn, Kave's cousin gave me a wand. And I'm making sure to do al the sidequests and errands before I move on to the next story arc.

It was the rare game for me that the side quests felt rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom