• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
I hope he fails miserably, I will not be happy if he gets 5 sacks against the Steelers and steals them some games against us.

My hope is that Suggs is done and Dumbass is a strikeout.

They are the new self-proclaimed Dreamteam, so of course they are going to have great seasons. Tebow bless them!

Browns are going for more youthier players on defense.

They're trying to lure Victor Butler though, if that falls through we'll see. But I don't think Harrison is on our radar at all.

Not for his price and not for his age/injuries.

Butler already left town without a deal. I don't see him coming back. I actually wouldn't mind Harrison at a rock bottom price. Teach young guys like Sheard that OLB position.

MechDX

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 5m

New #Texans fullback Greg Jones turns 32 in May, but he was top-3 lead blocker in the NFL each of the past 3 seasons, according to @PFF.

Didn't I say Texans are going to run Arian and Tate to death because Schaubs arm is dead.

Per PFT:

For some, the issue is cap space. For many, it can’t be. As of Tuesday, March 26, 13 teams still had more than $10 million in spending room for 2013, and five still had more than $20 million, per a source with knowledge of the NFLPA’s calculation of remaining cap room.

Leading the way are the Bengals, who despite numerous re-signings still have $28.9 million to spend. The Browns come in a close second, with $28.7 million.

The Bucs get the bronze for saving their gold, with $26.8 million. Also, the Jaguars have $26.6 million, and the Eagles have $26.3 million.

Others with eight figures include the Packers with $18.3 million, the Bills with $16.8 million, the Dolphins with $15.7 million, the Cardinals with $14.0 million, the supposedly spending-to-the-cap Patriots with $13.4 million, the supposedly cap-strapped Jets with $13.0 million, the Colts with $11.7 million, and the Titans with $10.7 million.

Dat cap space!

BigAT

Dutch says hi from the afterlife, he wants all of you to share his immeasurable shirtless joy:

Zwy2WQj.jpg

For all those of you who wanna know more about what a real manly family man looks like.

This is a picture.

Jenny Vrentas & #8207;@JennyVrentas 14m

Confirmed that Notre Dame Dir. of Football Personnel Tim McDonnell (Wellington Mara's grandson) joining Giants as pro personnel scout.

If they take Te'o at 19, I'm first committing suicide and then blame him in my death.

Per PFT:
For some, the issue is cap space. For many, it can’t be. As of Tuesday, March 26, 13 teams still had more than $10 million in spending room for 2013, and five still had more than $20 million, per a source with knowledge of the NFLPA’s calculation of remaining cap room.

Leading the way are the Bengals, who despite numerous re-signings still have $28.9 million to spend. The Browns come in a close second, with $28.7 million.

The Bucs get the bronze for saving their gold, with $26.8 million. Also, the Jaguars have $26.6 million, and the Eagles have $26.3 million.

Others with eight figures include the Packers with $18.3 million, the Bills with $16.8 million, the Dolphins with $15.7 million, the Cardinals with $14.0 million, the supposedly spending-to-the-cap Patriots with $13.4 million, the supposedly cap-strapped Jets with $13.0 million, the Colts with $11.7 million, and the Titans with $10.7 million.

Good to see the Browns still have so much cap space. Hope still remains for Grimey ;D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That cap space for Green Bay is about to get wiped out with Rodgers' new contract. Hopefully they front load a bunch this year and then do the same with Matthews next year.

I'm so ready for the inevitable Bengals.com Geoff Hobson passage about how "yes, the Bengals have the most cap room in the league, but when you factor in $10 million for the draft, $10 million for possible signing guys during the season to replace injured players, and $10 million for potentially re-signing Andre Smith and paying the Franchise payout, it's really nothing!" Part of the rich pageant that is Life as a Bengals Fan.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-51534430/turbine/sfl-the-miami-dolphins-alleged-new-logo-appear-003/400/400x225

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-nflcom-this-morning-20130327,0,1544963.story

Dolphins New logo
Back to the original colors! Rejoice!

Also:

“It was leaked by somebody at Nike,” Dee said after a stadium renovation press conference. “We had always had a plan to kind of roll it out over a 30-day period so we’re going to start rolling it out. But the logo is only one part of the announcement. It’s a complete re-branding of the team.”
Can't wait to buy some new memorabilia.

squicken

I'm so ready for the inevitable Bengals.com Geoff Hobson passage about how "yes, the Bengals have the most cap room in the league, but when you factor in $10 million for the draft, $10 million for possible signing guys during the season to replace injured players, and $10 million for potentially re-signing Andre Smith and paying the Franchise payout, it's really nothing!" Part of the rich pageant that is Life as a Bengals Fan.

I actually do like the idea of leaving some aside to sign guys during the season. I think it's good for morale if players see hard work and performance being rewarded

Yeah that was the worst kept secret. Wasn't it leaked months ago?
Yeah but now it's officially confirmed to be the real deal. I don't remember hearing that the colors were going back to the originals though, but I could have just forgotten about that at some point.

Anyway, I like the new logo a lot. The colors give it a classic feel but it also has a nice modern look to it without feeling too simple.

bionic77

That cap space for Green Bay is about to get wiped out with Rodgers' new contract. Hopefully they front load a bunch this year and then do the same with Matthews next year.
Nothing wrong with spending your cap space on good players.

That is a problem that money rich franchises like the Bungles and Browns wish they had. What you don't want to do is waste money on shit players. You also don't want to just continue to save draft picks and cap space for a day that never comes.

The cap is a great equalizer in the NFL. Because even if you can draft and assemble a team that is great on both sides of the ball, the cap will ensure that there is no way you will be able to keep those guys once their rookie deal is up. This is not good for fans of teams trying to repeat, but in general it is very good for fans and the NFL because it means there is constant change and no one* is more than 4 years away if they get lucky.

* I said no one, but in reality there are like 8-10 franchises that are run by people so stupid that it literally takes a miracle like getting a mole faced qb in FA or a grocer turned Hall of Famer to change their fortunes. You can't bank on that though. Sorry <insert fan of cursed franchise?! But hopefully you are young and can outlive your owner and see better days with a change at the top. This is what I am hoping for as a Lakers fan...

squicken

* I said no one, but in reality there are like 8-10 franchises that are run by people so stupid that it literally takes a miracle like getting a mole faced qb in FA or a grocer turned Hall of Famer to change their fortunes. You can't bank on that though. Sorry <insert fan of cursed franchise?! But hopefully you are young and can outlive your owner and see better days with a change at the top. This is what I am hoping for as a Lakers fan...

What a wretched existence, possibly missing the playoffs for second time in your life

Talon

What a wretched existence, possibly missing the playoffs for second time in your life
LA sports fans in general are the worst bandwagoners in existence. Look at the SC crowds nowadays.

You know it to be true, Bionic.
Here comes bluemax

Paul Kruger: career starts:6
career tackles: 49
career sacks: 15.5
2013 salary cap figure: $8.19m

Elvis Dumervil, Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Michael Huff

career starts: 352
career tackles: 740
career sacks: 98
combined 2013 cap figure: $7.06m (estimated, pending final confirmation of Huff's final #)

proxy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom