• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanHuk

Banned
Yeah the cutscenes are actually well done, but it was a bit jarring to hear voice acting that isn't really voice acting. Not used to that, haven't played a Nintendo game in a while.

Game is damn good. My favorite SRPG is Kartia, which was a PS1 game made by Atlus and had hand drawn portraits from Amano. Game is awesome. If you can track it down you should. It'd play really nice on a CFW PSP.

I actually have a CFW PSP somewhere. Haven't touched it in like 5 years. I was thinking about getting VC2 and playing it, but I realized I really hate portables.

Rorschach

Dutch says hi from the afterlife, he wants all of you to share his immeasurable shirtless joy:

Zwy2WQj.jpg

For all those of you who wanna know more about what a real manly family man looks like.

Is that a lipo scar? At least he's not as doughy as he used to be.

Dragon

Banned
We keep getting younger and better....but somehow people
larry
think our team will be worse than last year

They can't be better than last year. They won the fucking Super Bowl. Unless you're talking about the meaningless regular season.

Bowser

@SteveReedAP
BREAKING: Panthers OT Jordan Gross has agreed to a restructured contract. Base salary reduced from $8.7M to $1M in '13, $6.7M to $1M in '14.

@SteveReedAP
I'm not sure at this point if years were added on to the contract, but that would make sense. Hope to know more soon.

Wonder how many dummy years were added to get the cap hit down

xnipx

Huff is nowhere near the player the player Reed is. Granted they both can't tackle but at least Reed is a ball hawk. Huff gets beat way too easily.

Ravens defense was 26th last year. Gave up a 3 TD lead in the Super Bowl. It needed new blood.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
How much is the 3DS selling for now?

I have my DS Lite but I know I'll need to upgrade eventually to play more games. :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I have my DS Lite but I know I'll need to upgrade eventually to play more games. :(

Whatever you do, get a 3DS XL. Like always, Nintendo's first portable design was flawed and the new one is a vast improvement.

Target has them on sale (in the US, anyway) this week for $129, I believe, with the XL's going for $160. The latter especially is totally worth it, even at regular price ($199).

Dragon

Banned
Whatever you do, get a 3DS XL. Like always, Nintendo's first portable design was flawed and the new one is a vast improvement.

1. 3DS XL is 160 at target, the regular is 130
2. The XL did not get a better resolution so the DPI is much much worse on it than the regular. I saw this at PAX when seeing a bunch of regular 3DS. It's pretty bad.
3. I'd still get the XL because it's much more comfortable to use IMO.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
1. 3DS XL is 160 at target, the regular is 130
2. The XL did not get a better resolution so the DPI is much much worse on it than the regular. I saw this at PAX when seeing a bunch of regular 3DS. It's pretty bad.
3. I'd still get the XL because it's much more comfortable to use IMO.

The comfort is definitely the biggest plus for me (less "claw" feeling).

The visuals do take a slight hit with the larger screen but I think the experience of the larger screens vastly outweighs the picture quality. Plus you don't have that weird screen scratching design flaw from the OG 3DS. Also, matte finish and no smudges!

The moment I saw a 3DS XL display at Best Buy I suddenly felt that my 3DS was lacking so I had to get one!

Godslay

Banned
The comfort is definitely the biggest plus for me (less "claw" feeling).

The visuals do take a slight hit with the larger screen but I think the experience of the larger screens vastly outweighs the picture quality. Plus you don't have that weird screen scratching design flaw from the OG 3DS. Also, matte finish and no smudges!

The moment I saw a 3DS XL display at Best Buy I suddenly felt that my 3DS was lacking so I had to get one!

I have both, xl is the only way to go. My daughter plays the og now. Impossible to go back.

Ravens dream team is shaping up nicely.

bionic77

Dumervil was a bit of a steal for them. Huff sucks.
Hopefully he is too dumb to adapt to a new defense. Would make sense as he was too dumb to sign his freaking contract on time.

I am just glad they did not get Harrison. Amazing he has not signed yet. He makes perfect sense for the Browns. He might be able to get them 7-9 sacks which is pretty great for them.

cdyhybrid

Hopefully he is too dumb to adapt to a new defense. Would make sense as he was too dumb to sign his freaking contract on time.

I am just glad they did not get Harrison. Amazing he has not signed yet. He makes perfect sense for the Browns. He might be able to get them 7-9 sacks which is pretty great for them.

Maybe the Browns are just waiting it out to try and get him for a cheaper price?

Michael Huff Today >>>>> Ed Reed Today

Plus, cheaper. Great move. Allows us to still bring in Omar Brown and Christian Thompson without relying solely on them.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns are going for more youthier players on defense.

They're trying to lure Victor Butler though, if that falls through we'll see. But I don't think Harrison is on our radar at all.

Not for his price and not for his age/injuries.

Godslay

Banned

Doom has played in a 4-3 and a 3-4, he shouldn't have too many problems. He's a one dimensional player though. Which is fine if you can get to the QB. I'm just glad that he will finally get a chance to shine on the new Dreamteam. Guy couldn't handle living in the shadow of Von Miller.

cdyhybrid

Rob Rang ‏@RobRang 25s
Spoke to source w/ knowledge of Barkley's intentions for today's workout. Source: Barkley will run, throw. Wouldn't confirm other drills.

Is USC's Pro Day today? Sounds like Barkley will be throwing at some sort of workout.

squicken

Rob Rang ‏@RobRang 25s
Spoke to source w/ knowledge of Barkley's intentions for today's workout. Source: Barkley will run, throw. Wouldn't confirm other drills.

Is USC's Pro Day today? Sounds like Barkley will be throwing at some sort of workout.

lol NFLN will be televising his pro day live. Good time for Jags/Raiders/Cards/Bills fans to get a look at the QB of the future

And yeah, you guys are lucky to have Russell. It's going to be funny in a few years that people used to compare him to Kap

bionic77

Doom has played in a 4-3 and a 3-4, he shouldn't have too many problems. He's a one dimensional player though. Which is fine if you can get to the QB. I'm just glad that he will finally get a chance to shine on the new Dreamteam. Guy couldn't handle living in the shadow of Von Miller.
I hope he fails miserably, I will not be happy if he gets 5 sacks against the Steelers and steals them some games against us.

My hope is that Suggs is done and Dumbass is a strikeout.

cdyhybrid

lol NFLN will be televising his pro day live. Good time for Jags/Raiders/Cards/Bills fans to get a look at the QB of the future

And yeah, you guys are lucky to have Russell. It's going to be funny in a few years that people used to compare him to Kap

I'd actually be rooting for Kaep if he were playing for anyone outside the division because of his WAC ties.

Michael Bennett will be playing with a torn rotator cuff this season, an injury from last season. Sounds like the team knew about it before signing and isn't concerned. Although he did only get a 1-year contract.

squicken

I'd actually be rooting for Kaep if he were playing for anyone outside the division because of his WAC ties.

Michael Bennett will be playing with a torn rotator cuff this season, an injury from last season. Sounds like the team knew about it before signing and isn't concerned. Although he did only get a 1-year contract.

He had the same injury last year. Not sure why he doesn't just have surgery

bionic77

He's cheaper because he played 7 uneventful seasons for a lousy team who's defense generally gave up massive yards and points.
Reed is still better. He will give up plays but he was still able to get turnovers. With how hard it is to cover these days I think I would prefer the guy who can get TOs to the one that is just going to limit yards.

Bowser

As an update to the Gross restructure, he'll make $5.5 million this season (originally scheduled for $11.7 million) and his deal automatically voids after this year. Puts the Panthers at about $7m under the cap now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom