• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Barkley completed 56 of 62 passes against a defense consisting of Manti Te’o’s late girlfriend and 10 of her family members. Per USA Today, two were considered to be drops. The others, then, represented misfires by a quarterback who was playing catch with his college teammates.

made me lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Draft_hats_medium.jpg

Not sure if want.

It sounds alright. A couple of pricedrops and I'm there.
Seems like they fixed the stupid trigger design at least.

I'm waiting to see what MSFT does. This gen has been heavy on the 360 for me. I had a Wii but got rid of it because it was a paperweight. The PS3 has seen very limited use.

At this point I'm playing PC games more than console games, but I know the laptop I have is limited in its ability. It's not capable of playing Dishonored and barely meets the minimum requirements for BSI, so I tend to pick up 360 versions in those instances.

cajunator

Banned
I'm waiting to see what MSFT does. This gen has been heavy on the 360 for me. I had a Wii but got rid of it because it was a paperweight. The PS3 has seen very limited use.

At this point I'm playing PC games more than console games, but I know the laptop I have is limited in its ability. It's not capable of playing Dishonored and barely meets the minimum requirements for BSI, so I tend to pick up 360 versions in those instances.

yeah 360 was a paperweight for me too.
Wii and Ps3 got the most use, but mostly Wii. I'm not sure how much usage" I would get out of Ps4. Mostl ikely not a lot. I already have bluray players and media center.

squicken

Are those hats supposed to be ironically terrible?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-26/

Teams by team cap space. Rams will need to clear up 5m just to sign draft choices. Going to have to do something big. I wonder if they will extend Bradford. Would essentially be repeating the Jets gamble on Sanchez

Bengals: $28.9 million.

Browns: $28.7 million.

Buccaneers: $28.8 million.

Jaguars: $26.6 million.

Eagles: $26.3 million.

Packers: $18.3 million.

Bills: $16.8 million.

Dolphins: $15.7 million.

Cardinals: $14.0 million.

Patriots: $13.4 million.

Jets: $13.0 million.

Colts: $11.7 million.

Titans: $10.7 million.

Broncos: $8.8 million.

Lions: $7.2 million.

Ravens: $7.2 million.

Chargers: $7.0 million.

Seahawks: $6.8 million.

Falcons: $6.2 million.

Bears: $5.3 million.

Vikings: $5.1 million.

Texans: $4.9 million.

Giants: $4.5 million.

49ers: $4.5 million.

Saints: $3.3 million.

Redskins: $3.2 million.

Chiefs: $3.1 million.

Raiders: $2.8 million.

Steelers: $2.5 million.

Rams: $1.0 million.

Panthers: $936,000.

Cowboys: $51,000.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Whatever. Stafford is the greatest
in terms of roundness
qb of all time and should make double that amount
to be able to afford his Chipotle burrito addiction

Eh, Chipotle is pretty healthy.....

Stafford looks more like a XXL Burrito kind of guy

bionic77

yeah 360 was a paperweight for me too.
Wii and Ps3 got the most use, but mostly Wii. I'm not sure how much usage" I would get out of Ps4. Mostl ikely not a lot. I already have bluray players and media center.
The best new game was on Wii (SMG) but I have not used mine since Skyward Sword and I was barely using it before that. My PS3 was used for Uncharted and FIFA. Played some other games but the last console gen was so boring for me (just remembered Red Dead, that was actually really great). Then again I am not a FPS fan. I like Japanese games more and most of the good ones went to the DS.

Speaking of mobile games. Does anyone still play iOS games? I used to play it a lot not lack of time has changed that. I can't even get interested in whatever the next Angry Birds is. My wife plays a lot of games on her phone though. Mostly word games, some candy game and otherwise shit I have no interest in.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I had a hard time getting into Wii games after a point....does the Wii force widescreen at least for Wii games? Or make improvements of any kind?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Chipotle is healthy? Man you sconis. You think chipotle is healthy and probably think Denny is fine dining!

How's it unhealthy? I tend to get the bowls though.....

I eat about 2500 calories a day so 800-900 calories for a meal is about standard for me since I eat a quick small breakfast in the mornings.

Edit: I just did the calculator, what I get is 750 calories.

bionic77

I eat about 2500 calories a day so 800-900 calories for a meal is about standard for me since I eat a quick small breakfast in the mornings.
It used to fill me up when I was more active and ate a shit load of calories but I felt like the meat quality really dipped over time.

Speaking of Chipotle I remember when they opened one in DC like 100 years ago and people going apeshit. They used to line up outside and lunch and dinner.

Funny Raiders are up there, they really should cut Palmer and save 6 million.

And take a 9 mil cap hit for nothing with one QB on the roster? I wouldn't mind him getting cut, but we don't have a lot of options right now. I think it's smarter to eat it this year, keep him on the roster and cut him next year with no cap hit when we're in better shape.

Reggie will probably pull the trigger if he can find a couple of cheap QBs tho, since it's not like we're contenders this year and he doesn't seem to mind taking huge hits on players that are no longer on the roster.

Seymour - 13.7 mil
Huff - 7.3 mil this year and 3 mil more next year.
Kelly - 6.3 mil
DHB - 5.2 mil

And we're stuck with Rolando as well, If we cut him his cap figure goes from 6.7 to 10.9 million. I think we have one June 1st designation remaining which would allow us to roll some of that into next year, but we still wouldn't be getting much cap relief this year while adding more dead money to next year's figure.

Edit: I just did the calculator, what I get is 750 calories.

What's the sodium content? I look at some meals and I'm like "oh the calories are modest" and then I glance at the sodium and wonder why a deer doesn't come out of the woods to take a tongue to me.

jakncoke

Banned
And take a 9 mil cap hit for nothing with one QB on the roster? I wouldn't mind him getting cut, but we don't have a lot of options right now. I think it's smarter to eat it this year, keep him on the roster and cut him next year with no cap hit when we're in better shape.

Reggie will probably pull the trigger if he can find a couple of cheap QBs tho, since it's not like we're contenders this year and he doesn't seem to mind taking huge hits on players that are no longer on the roster.

Seymour - 13.7 mil
Huff - 7.3 mil this year and 3 mil more next year.
Kelly - 6.3 mil
DHB - 5.2 mil

And we're stuck with Rolando as well, If we cut him his cap figure goes from 6.7 to 10.9 million. I think we have one June 1st designation remaining which would allow us to roll some of that into next year, but we still wouldn't be getting much cap relief this year while adding more dead money to next year's figure.

I forgot you guys already have 1/4 your cap tied to dead money. I guess you have no choice but to keep him and hope he doesnt get lucky and lead you to a record that makes you miss a top qb. Missing the playoffs 10 straight years and having 8 of those seasons with 11 or more losses, amazing how a team can pull that off considering how teams regularly turn their team around.

I forgot you guys already have 1/4 your cap tied to dead money. I guess you have no choice but to keep him and hope he doesnt get lucky and lead you to a record that makes you miss a top qb. Missing the playoffs 10 straight years and having 8 of those seasons with 11 or more losses, amazing how a team can pull that off considering how teams regularly turn their team around.

Eh, what can you do? I think Reggie has us on the right track though, one more year and we'll at least be respectable, a year after that we should be fighting for the division.

jakncoke

Banned
Eh, what can you do? I think Reggie has us on the right track though, one more year and we'll at least be respectable, a year after that we should be fighting for the division.

draft better, suck less

If Steelers dont start drafting better we'll end up like you failures soon enough.

San Francisco 49ers: Great situation. No team has less cap money tied up in quarterbacks. The deals for Colin Kaepernick and Scott Tolzien count less than one-third what Kolb's contract is counting against the Cardinals' cap. Trading backup quarterback Alex Smith saved the 49ers more than $8 million in cap charges this year. The second-round choice San Francisco received in return for Smith will allow the 49ers to add a young, talented player at low cost.

lulz niners are spending $2 mil on QB's this year. unfortunately the good times won't last beyond this year since kap is gonna get paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid! (if he continues his ascent to greatness!)

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
New Dolphins logo is such awful shit. Fuck every last member of Dolphins management... run the fucking bums out of town.

tmdorsey

Speaking of mobile games. Does anyone still play iOS games? I used to play it a lot not lack of time has changed that. I can't even get interested in whatever the next Angry Birds is. My wife plays a lot of games on her phone though. Mostly word games, some candy game and otherwise shit I have no interest in.

I'm interested in checking out Xcom when it hits since so many people rave about it.

Any of you fuckers ruin the ending to Bioshock in this thread, I'll do everything in my power to make sure Manti Te'o ends up on your team!

i2VJ5jd4fIvii.gif

squicken

Shouldn't be a first round guy, but if Vikes trade down then definitely an option at top of 2nd

George Stewart, receivers coach for the Minnesota Vikings, spoke to Woods’ parents after the workout and stood nearby while reporters gathered around the receiver for a group interview.

“We’re a character organization from ownership on down,” Stewart said. “I had a chance to visit with [Woods’] mom and dad, and they’re character people. Those are the type of people who will turn an organization, character people. That’s a premium for us.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...s-impressive-pro-day-20130327,0,5887647.story

In my defense. I went to school in Ohio. You can't spend that much time in Lorain county and Cleveland and expect to come out unscathed.

Modell stole the Browns when I was in college.

If you think things are depressing in Cleveland now you should have seen the late 90s when the Browns were stolen away. I never liked the Cavs but I went to a ton of games because you could get great tickets for every great team for like 30-50 bucks.
This tough guy steelers fan thing is just a act! BIONIC IS A PHONY!! PHONY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom