• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

“We’re very interested in guys who can make plays,” Stewart said. “But character first and foremost is what we’re interested in, and [Woods] has that.”

Well that's going a bit far

bionic77

This tough guy steelers fan thing is just a act! BIONIC IS A PHONY!! PHONY!
I did not grow up in Hell. I just went there for college. But I was good so God let me get the hell out of there.

Grew up in PA and my Dad was a bandwagon Steelers fan from the 70s. I started watching in the early 80s when the AFC became a joke (including my beloved Steelers). The 90s and early 00s were even harder than sucking because we would lose at home in the Championship game every other year.

I am surprised it is going to iOS. I am impressed that the iPad and even more so that the iPhone can handle a full PC game.

Man it sucks posting on the iPhone.

I gotta say that for those of you who enjoy FE you'll probably like XCOM as well. Very similar in terms of tactics. Losing a character permanently is a great design decision, and getting to customize them, including their names, makes the perma-death even tougher to take.

Milchjon

I never played bio shock 1 or 2 so I figured now was a good time to start since I have them from some past steam sale.

It's been a long time, but I remember Bioshock as a good game that I wouldn't wanna replay right now. I'll probably remember Infinite as one of my favorite games ever played.

squicken

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/mar/27/Gaither-Chargers-fraud-Acee/

Jared Gaither, we hardly knew you. You fraud.

Had you even been able to manage a full season before wussing out, we could have excused you, could have believed these ailments were severe enough to sideline you.

(Big Lazy, go ahead and be angry. What have I written since last August, when I first questioned your manhood, that has not been shown to be an entirely accurate assessment?)

A brief history:

Gaither was acquired off waivers on Nov. 30, 2011 and started his first game for the Chargers five days later. As a fill-in, he was absolutely amazing. Honestly, a left tackle could not have played better over five games – let alone for a guy that made those starts without the benefit of training camp or weeks or even a real chance to learn the offense’s intricacies.

Then came free agency. Gaither had not only set himself up well with that divine December audition, but he was set up by being the only starting left tackle on the market.

The Chargers brass held many meetings about giving millions to a player known during his days with the Baltimore Ravens as Big Lazy ...

bionic77

I gotta say that for those of you who enjoy FE you'll probably like XCOM as well. Very similar in terms of tactics. Losing a character permanently is a great design decision, and getting to customize them, including their names, makes the perma-death even tougher to take.
Makes me want an iPad! I think any game like that would suck on an iPhone. Maybe I will try it on PS3.

I did not grow up in Hell. I just went there for college. But I was good so God let me get the hell out of there.

Grew up in PA and my Dad was a bandwagon Steelers fan from the 70s. I started watching in the early 80s when the AFC became a joke (including my beloved Steelers). The 90s and early 00s were even harder than sucking because we would lose at home in the Championship game every other year.

Christ I still remember that year we lost to the fucking Chargers at home in the AFCCG. That was back when Cowher "couldn't win the big game."

Sucks worse losing a Super Bowl though. Waaaaaay worse.

Of course fate could have really stuck a hot poker up our asses: imagine having to root for the Pats or the Ravens. Ugh. I'd rather lose every game for the rest of forever.

who knows if it is true or not, but i remember back in 2010 (niners had 2 first rounders that year and we took mike iupati and anthony davis) a lot of niners fans wanted us to trade one of the firsts for a "proven" jared gathier rather than risk it on a 1st rounder. also rumored that the niners did offer a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him and the ravens wanted a 1st rounder +. i remember thinking i wouldn't mind getting him but not for that price considering his injury history. looks like he is a washed up bum now

squicken

who knows if it is true or not, but i remember back in 2010 (niners had 2 first rounders that year and we took mike iupati and anthony davis) a lot of niners fans wanted us to trade one of the firsts for a "proven" jared gathier rather than risk it on a 1st rounder. also rumored that the niners did offer a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him and the ravens wanted a 1st rounder +. i remember thinking i wouldn't mind getting him but not for that price considering his injury history. looks like he is a washed up bum now

I remember when he was with the Chargers before the extension, people were saying he was the best LT in the game. I've never seen an established writer go after an athlete like that. It's clear he got enough feedback from the players that he felt safe running it

bionic77

Christ I still remember that year we lost to the fucking Chargers at home in the AFCCG. That was back when Cowher "couldn't win the big game."

Of course fate could have really stuck a hot poker up our asses: imagine having to root for the Pats or the Ravens. Ugh. I'd rather lose every game for the rest of forever.
A fate worse than death.

I'm gonna temper my expectations on this Grimes thing, if we don't sign him on to the next one (but I will hate him for the whole season).
Edit: I might actually rage if we dot sign him. I will rage if we don't sign him

I dont think I could live with myself if I was a Steeler fan.I'd probably go on some soul searching trip to Zimbabwe or something.

Nightz

I remember when he was with the Chargers before the extension, people were saying he was the best LT in the game. I've never seen an established writer go after an athlete like that. It's clear he got enough feedback from the players that he felt safe running it

Yeah, he tweeted during the season about how the players felt about Gaither. They didn't like or trust him. Also to be fair, in that article Acee goes after the Chargers management for going free agent crazy last year and failing miserably (Gaither, Meachem and Royal).

squicken

Yeah, he tweeted during the season about how the players felt about Gaither. They didn't like or trust him. Also to be fair, in that article Acee goes after the Chargers management for going free agent crazy last year and failing miserably (Gaither, Meachem and Royal).

It's insane how he screwed up the VJAX thing. How do you make someone want to leave San Diego?

bluemax

Banned
Its like if USC and Texas aren't doing well, major media has no idea what to cover.

You know ESPN loved the 2005 MNC game.

Wut. The sports media is in the SEC's back pocket. It would take every team in that conference imploding for ESPN et al to get off the SECs collective nuts. Steve Spurrier can suck my dick because SCAR is only a top 10 team thanks to the massive SEC bias in college football.

Milchjon

Story/Art Direction: A+++

Combat: B- (downgrade from Bioshock)

Overall awesome as hell.

I thought the combat was nice as well, felt more varied in the way the fights played out.
The only thing I disliked was that dying was pretty much irrelevant on normal. Felt a bit simple.

Milchjon

I havent seen anything about this game. not even artwork. and who the fuck is Mackelmoore?

Do you need any help lifting that rock you're living under? :p
But seriously, this game has been all over every part of gaming media for like 3 years. How do you evade that?

Nightz

It's insane how he screwed up the VJAX thing. How do you make someone want to leave San Diego?

AJ was horrible at keeping talent. Michael Turner, Sproles, VJax to name a few. His ego got in the way of signing them to long term contracts when they were cheaper. Then they have awesome seasons and price themselves out of our range. So glad he's gone. Hope he rots in Washington.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, Bioshock Infinite is one of those tentpole games people will be talking about for a long ass time. "I'm not interested in Bioshock Infinite" is basically saying "I give up on gaming." It's fucking fantastic.

cajunator

Banned
Do you need any help lifting that rock you're living under? :p
But seriously, this game has been all over every part of gaming media for like 3 years. How do you evade that?

Because Gaming media is mostly dumb bullshit and I try to avoid it unless Im really interested in something.

Because Gaming media is mostly dumb bullshit and I try to avoid it unless Im really interested in something.

Well Caj, I can honestly give a heartfelt recommendation that you try Bioshock Infinite. Its one of those rare games where you really feel like the developers really really cared that they put out a work of serious quality.

cajunator

Banned
Well Caj, I can honestly give a heartfelt recommendation that you try Bioshock Infinite. Its one of those rare games where you really feel like the developers really really cared that they put out a work of serious quality.

I liked the idea of bioshock and the settings but not the gameplay. Is it underwater still?
I dont think todays gaming is for me anymore.

I liked the idea of bioshock and the settings but not the gameplay. Is it underwater still?

No its set in a floating city in 1912.

Trust me, its quite awesome. You could just rent it from a redbox and knock it out in a couple days for like 5 bucks.

Milchjon

It's a city in the sky. It still feels a lot like Bioshock, but better in almost any way.
And the less you know, the more amazing it should be, I kind of envy you there.

Now if you absolutely dislike shooters (or rather direct political messages, which, as it turns out, are surprisingly irrelevant to the overall story) it might not appeal to you. But otherwise, you really should take a look at it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck you guys so hard.

I am trying to save money and not build up my backlog...don't make me buy this now. :(

I haven't even passed Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 is still in it's original wrapping.

bionic77

Damn the new Range Rover Sport is sexy. That Autobiography version starts at $93K though.

fuuuuuuuuuuuu
I know a really smoking hot attorney who drives one, though hers is probably like 2-3 years old. I drove it once (for like 5 minutes in the city) and it was pretty awesome. Made me appreciate the power of pussy. Why work hard when you can marry a rich dude who can buy you shit like that? Being a hot chick comes some nice perks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom