• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Fuck you guys so hard.

I am trying to save money and not build up my backlog...don't make me buy this now. :(

I haven't even passed Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 is still in it's original wrapping.

Just wait for the Steam summer sale. Knock down your backlog in the mean time.

cajunator

Banned
It's a city in the sky. It still feels a lot like Bioshock, but better in almost any way.
And the less you know, the more amazing it should be, I kind of envy you there.

Now if you absolutely dislike shooters (or rather direct political messages, which, as it turns out, are surprisingly irrelevant to the overall story) it might not appeal to you. But otherwise, you really should take a look at it.

I do have quite a dislike for shooters, which is the problem.
I find them kind of boring. Much prefer platformers. Platforming games are my thing. and puzzle games.

And one of the main characters is a "kawaii" teen girl.

You'll love it.

That doesnt really sell me on a videogame.

Milchjon

Well thats an interesting change.
Im sure there are pictures of it everywhere. Link me to some good ones.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506297&page=68&highlight=high+definition+screenshot+thread

Just peek in here.

The locations are a bit more diverse than those shots make it seem, but the less you know, the better.

Edit: If you hate shooters, that's bad luck. Because they decided to combine one of the best worlds and one of the best stories in gaming with FPS mechanics ;-9

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fuck you guys so hard.

I am trying to save money and not build up my backlog...don't make me buy this now. :(

I haven't even passed Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 is still in it's original wrapping.

Sounds like you should do what I'm doing and play the first two!

If its a great game, people will still want to talk about it years later (look at the discussions we've had on MGS). Play it later this year when it's down to 30 bucks or less.

I do have quite a dislike for shooters, which is the problem.
I find them kind of boring. Much prefer platformers. Platforming games are my thing. and puzzle games.

That doesnt really sell me on a videogame.

Im kidding buddy.

Ill post some screens from my game in a moment. Hold on.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
How can you own a game and not even open it?

I kept getting games thinking I would play them soon but just didn't have the time.

Ni No Kuni was the first game I've owned in years that I actually passed in the same year it came out.

My backlog is immense and filled with some pretty good games I've heard:

Alan Wake
Bioshock 1 and 2 <---house got robbed when I was in the middle of Bioshock 1 and the game was in the Xbox so I never got it back and haven't bothered to get a new cd yet.
Dragon Age 1 and 2
Mass Effect 2 and 3
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Dead Space 1 and 2
Skyrim

Bolded have never been touched or still in it's original packaging. I at least got most of those after the price dropped so it's not as bad.

And all this is just on Xbox, I have a handful on PS3 and DS that I've started but never finished.

Milchjon

I kept getting games thinking I would play them soon but just didn't have the time.

Ni No Kuni was the first game I've owned in years that I actually passed in the same year it came out.

My backlog is immense and filled with some pretty good games I've heard:

Alan Wake
Bioshock 1 and 2 <---house got robbed when I was in the middle of Bioshock 1 and the game was in the Xbox so I never got it back and haven't bothered to get a new cd yet.
Dragon Age 1 and 2
Mass Effect 2 and 3
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Dead Space 1 and 2
Skyrim

Bolded have never been touched or still in it's original packaging. I at least got most of those after the price dropped so it's not as bad.

And all this is just on Xbox, I have a handful on PS3 and DS that I've started but never finished.

Alan Wake is one of my favorite games this gen. It may not be as universally appealing as Bioshock Infinite, but I personally think I still like it even more.

Although I think a big part of that is the setting, so maybe Canadians who might be used to that kind of nature won't love it as much as I do.

It's like a 5h game, too. I beat it twice within the first 4 days I owned it.

bionic77

How can you own a game and not even open it?
I own a lot of games I never played. Eventually you get to the point where you have more money and less time. Eventually I stopped doing it but for awhile it was a problem for me. And with less free time I just did not want to game as much.

2013-03-28_00001_zps39e82bf0.jpg

2013-03-28_00005_zps37f9f381.jpg

Here are a couple screens from the beginning of the game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I own a lot of games I never played. Eventually you get to the point where you have more money and less time. Eventually I stopped doing it but for awhile it was a problem for me. And with less free time I just did not want to game as much.

Even with loads of free time, there's just a lot of games to play. It's been a while since I've been hurting for something to play, especially with HD collections and trophies and such.

Godslay

Banned
Uh oh... I knew we were going to draft him. I'm fine with that though.

iqRIipvVPsHHX.jpg

Fuck it. If this team can support Tebow, we can do Teo. He'll be our Ray Lewis!

The atmosphere for Infinite looks amazing, it's just killing me that I'm going to hate the gameplay when I play it. I haven't liked the gameplay of an FPS since I played Descent at the tender age of 11. It ruined everything.

Oh well, I made it through Skies of Arcadia on atmosphere, I'll probably be able to make it through this. Probably already asked/answered a thousand times, but I assume PC is the way to go?

Oh well, I made it through Skies of Arcadia on atmosphere, I'll probably be able to make it through this. Probably already asked/answered a thousand times, but I assume PC is the way to go?

PC with a controller if you have decent specs. My friend played on Xbox and it still looked pretty.

Im not a huge FPS fan either, you'll make it.

cdyhybrid

They both are two of the most decorated college players ever. I think despite all the hoopla that surrounds him Teo will do just fine in the NFL.

Te'o is like 3 leagues away from being the college player Tebow was. Tebow has a Heisman and 2 national titles! Te'o went undefeated against a cake schedule and got destroyed by the only real team he played :p

Godslay

Banned
Te'o is like 3 leagues away from being the college player Tebow was. Tebow has a Heisman and 2 national titles! Te'o went undefeated against a cake schedule and got destroyed by the only real team he played :p

Maybe so, but he is still a talented player with good potential. One bad game against a line like that isn't cause for concern in my book.

The invisible girlfriend thing will always stay with him though.

What man hasn't had an invisible girlfriend before? I don't think any of us can say no with a straight face!

Nope. I dunno, maybe its just because I havent played Bioshock in a long time but I remember the gunfights and plasmids being much more interesting.
The AI is so much better. The splicers practically stood there and let you shoot them.

So far there haven't been a lot of environmental manipulations with vigors like in the first game but outside of that, I prefer this games' combat.

The AI is so much better. The splicers practically stood there and let you shoot them.

So far there haven't been a lot of environmental manipulations with vigors like in the first game but outside of that, I prefer this games' combat.

I think that is where most of my memory is allocated. I had a lot of fun setting up crazy traps, especially with the line-tower gun.

I just felt like most of the time I was disappointed that I was in a gun fight during Infinite.

i'm playing bioshock infinite on hard and it seems like the blue potion is extremely scarce and basically on a full metere i get 2 uses out of the vigors. the crow one is fucking cool though! but most of my kills have been with melee or with the pistol. only died once so far and i'm about a half hour past where you get elizabeth

i'm playing bioshock infinite on hard and it seems like the blue potion is extremely scarce and basically on a full metere i get 2 uses out of the vigors. the crow one is fucking cool though! but most of my kills have been with melee or with the pistol. only died once so far and i'm about a half hour past where you get elizabeth

It gets a bit tougher. I never had any real issues with any of the fights.

It gets a bit tougher. I never had any real issues with any of the fights.

well the fight where
you get stabbed in the hand in the train station ALMOST took me down because they just came out quickly and you're kind of in the middle of the room
but i was able to get behind cover and crow them up to get control of the situation.

but this game is class all the way. i kind of feel bad that i bought a downloadable copy off ebay from one of those AMD promotions for $60 (for this and tomb raider though). i'll buy the season pass at full price to make up for it!

cajunator

Banned
Yeah after watching some gameplay video of bioshock Infinite Im just gonna "experience" it through yall. It is a pretty ambitious game from the looks of it.
But tell me why do a lot of games have such terrible character models? They just look very strange and disproportionate. and dont say "because they arent anime" because Im talking about vs real proportions of actual people.

mr2xxx

Banned
Yeah after watching some gameplay video of bioshock Infinite Im just gonna "experience" it through yall. It is a pretty ambitious game from the looks of it.
But tell me why do a lot of games have such terrible character models? They just look very strange and disproportionate. and dont say "because they arent anime" because Im talking about vs real proportions of actual people.

It's the art style they chose to go with, not much more than that. Sorry they didn't make the eyes, tits and head any bigger to appease you ;p

that's a shame. the world is so interesting that you really need to experience the game for yourself. i'm sure if you play the game like an asshole and speed through it then you won't get the same enjoyment. but playing it from the beginning and going through the game, listening to the NPC's casually talk, seeing all the deranged shit thats going on.... honestly i didn't even question the proportions of the people while playing.

this is a AAA game done right and it should be played by as many people as possible. watching youtube vids or whatever just isn't the same

Is Infinite a sort of horror/creepy game like the older Bioshocks?

it's a bit of a different vibe than bioshock. first off, it's more colorful. secondly, it's not as "grimey" as bioshock so that takes away some of the creep factor. third, you aren't fighting against splicers that look like they've been to hell and back. but as i said above there is just kind of a cult vibe around the city in general. i'd say it's like a mixture of bioshock, twilight zone and maybe a bit of resident evil 4 sprinkled in. the creepiness is there but not in the same manner or to the same degree of bioshock (at least not yet anyways.... im maybe halfway through)

cajunator

Banned
that's a shame. the world is so interesting that you really need to experience the game for yourself. i'm sure if you play the game like an asshole and speed through it then you won't get the same enjoyment. but playing it from the beginning and going through the game, listening to the NPC's casually talk, seeing all the deranged shit thats going on.... honestly i didn't even question the proportions of the people while playing.

this is a AAA game done right and it should be played by as many people as possible. watching youtube vids or whatever just isn't the same

Im sure my roommates will get it. they get most of the big games and they have absolute beast computers that can play anything.

Im sure my roommates will get it. they get most of the big games and they have absolute beast computers that can play anything.

do me a personal favor as one of your close friends here on gaf and give the game a chance. if you play through 3-4 hours and absolutely can't stand the game then i will pay you $25,000 cash

cajunator

Banned
do me a personal favor as one of your close friends here on gaf and give the game a chance. if you play through 3-4 hours and absolutely can't stand the game then i will pay you $25,000 cash

Its not that I cant stand it. I HIGHLY respect the work that has obviously been put into it. Its just that gaming has pretty much passed me by. I largely prefer genres that are dead or dying. Gaming is more of a one or two games a year thing for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom