• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Mingo pick. Raiders put a bit of a wrench in the plans moving back at 3, however Browns got who they wanted, as they still had trade down partners.

Pimpwerx

Just chiming in here to say that I'm pleased with what Jeff Ireland did this offseason. I like trading for that offensive lineman, and I like drafting a pass rusher high. We moved up very cheap too. Good use of picks thus far for him. My pops and I re-upped our season tix too, so hopefully this shapes up to be a playoff year. Go Dolphins! PEACE.

Draxal

And smart picks too!

I'm fine with the Packers pick but fucking OVERJOYED with the Bears. So happy!

I think the Giants fucked them by taking Pugh right before them. Apparently they had him for a private workout, and the Giants/Bears like the same type of ol (versatility).

My only concern is that all three of the picks need some form of technique work.

Still shocked Floyd lasted so long.

Scouts were trashing Floyd pretty badly, I thought it might have been smokescreen. It wasn't.

I'm not that familiar with him but would he make a good nickel back? I agree with you that he's way to small to be on the outside with WR's that are much bigger and stronger than him
From what little i've seen and read, then guy has godly instincts, but is obviously hampered by his size. He'd be abused by the bigger slot guys in the NFL.

squicken

Schotty ready to light up the league ...

biy3biycuaall3srya9l.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think the Giants fucked them by taking Pugh right before them. Apparently they had him for a private workout, and the Giants/Bears like the same type of ol (versatility).

If so, that's my second favorite thing the Giants have done to the Bears.

Here's the first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkPS8Az5IV8

Any chance Cyprien is available for the packers in the 2nd?

edit---

or swearinger!

"few college safeties hit as hard as Swearinger"

*swoon*

Probably no to both :( Definitely no to Cyprien though.

effzee

@Gil_Brandt

I'm hearing @Jaguars leaning toward taking Johnthan Banks w/ 1st pick in 2nd round, not a QB. #NFLDraft

Fuckers leave him for us!

Tommy Lawlor was on the Eagles Fancast yesterday and he said that Geno would drop out of the 1st and that the Eagles would take him at #35. He does a lot of stuff for the Eagles website and is usually pretty connected.

Hmm I wouldn't know what to think of him. Obviously we get a guy who could have easily gone in the first in the 2nd round. Good value but with for QBs already on the roster you would have to be super high on him to take him. Which means Foles is out.

And if he your GUY for the future why risk him falling to the 2nd? Unless you had all the confidence and reassurances from other teams that they wouldn't take him and you believed them.

Cause picking him there until unless you are completely sold on him as the franchise QB makes no sense. He better than either start week 1 or as soon as they are out of playoff contention. I'd prefer a CB, TE, or S here to be honest. But again in Chip I trust !

cdyhybrid

Fuckers leave him for us!

Hmm I wouldn't know what to think of him. Obviously we get a guy who could have easily gone in the first in the 2nd round. Good value but with for QBs already on the roster you would have to be super high on him to take him. Which means Foles is out.

And if he your GUY for the future why risk him falling to the 2nd? Unless you had all the confidence and reassurances from other teams that they wouldn't take him and you believed them.

Cause picking him there until unless you are completely sold on him as the franchise QB makes no sense. He better than either start week 1 or as soon as they are out of playoff contention. I'd prefer a CB, TE, or S here to be honest. But again in Chip I trust !

Four QBs on the roster, but how many of those will actually be legitimately competing for a roster spot? At least one of those guys is already getting cut before you even draft someone.

effzee

Why does this even matter? I mean really.

The Jets are going to suck this year. Everybody knows it. You might as well let Rex do the one thing hes good at and thats coach a defense. So draft some kids who can learn under him and then fire his ass at the end of the year after a top 5 pick is locked up.

Then bring in a coach who knows something about offense, draft your franchise QB and bring in other young weapons around him next season.

I guess I see it different.

You have to keep Rex and Mark Sanchez this year. We all agree. Why not load up on the offensive side of the ball for once? With Rex at the helm you will field a decent D. In fact the pass D was the 2nd ranked even without Revis. And you have a young guy opposite Cro. What you really needed was help at TE/WR/G/ and DLINE. Could have used at least 1 pick to draft a G or TE (Eifert) to help Mark out. Yeah he sucks but how can you honestly say you gave him all the best tools to work with when you got a clown as a coach who only cares about D.

A guy like Eifert or Warmack fits any plan any new coach might have too. I might feel different about it if they pick up a top RB and load up on WR at least. They have absolutely nothing on offense and then blame everything on Sanchez.

Also why trade Revis only to draft a replacement CB who isn't considered anywhere near Revis's talent? Why not wait till the 2nd round? Milliner is forever going to be compared and booed because of Revis.

I guess I see it different.

You have to keep Rex and Mark Sanchez this year. We all agree. Why not load up on the offensive side of the ball for once? With Rex at the helm you will field a decent D. In fact the pass D was the 2nd ranked even without Revis. And you have a young guy opposite Cro. What you really needed was help at TE/WR/G/ and DLINE. Could have used at least 1 pick to draft a G or TE (Eifert) to help Mark out. Yeah he sucks but how can you honestly say you gave him all the best tools to work with when you got a clown as a coach who only cares about D.

A guy like Eifert or Warmack fits any plan any new coach might have too. I might feel different about it if they pick up a top RB and load up on WR at least. They have absolutely nothing on offense and then blame everything on Sanchez.

Also why trade Revis only to draft a replacement CB who isn't considered anywhere near Revis's talent? Why not wait till the 2nd round? Milliner is forever going to be compared and booed because of Revis.

One thing the Jets should not do is let their defense fall to shit like the offense did.

He was listed at 5'9" at the combine which seems to be an accurate source.

His official measurement at the combine was 5'8¾. Are you really hanging onto that three quarters of an inch?

The problem with guys that short isn't so much their height, it's the amount of weight they can safely put on while still maintaining their speed. 5'8" (AND THREE QUARTERS, sorry) is short for an NFL safety, or nickel back. Sorry, it just is.

eznark

Banned
He hasn't played football in a year and is a midget. Who gives a fuck? He is less relevant than T'eo in terms of potential impact players. If LSU hadn't branded him with a nickname none of you would be talking about him.

He hasn't played football in a year and is a midget. Who gives a fuck? He is less relevant than T'eo in terms of potential impact players. If LSU hadn't branded him with a nickname none of you would be talking about him.

Only reason he got that nickname was because he's so short.

Colasante

I had a good impression about Mathieu after his Heisman campaign too, but if you go back and look at individual games, when he wasn't forcing a turnover he was often getting worked. One game in particular- when LSU played Tennessee- you get to see Mathieu up against Da'Rick Rodgers, and Rodgers just dominates Mathieu all game long. I think he can still make for an effective slot corner, but the size, amount of time since he's played, apparent lack of dedication to the game (he didn't want to even play in the BCS championship game), and his numerous problems with weed makes him undraftable prior to the 4th round.

JABEE

But he's the honey badger and Jon Gruden said he was good.

Colasante

I could see taking a shot on him in round 5 or later as a punt/kick returner and depth (not starter) at DB, but that's about it.

I thought he'd be a great pick late for Seattle, acting as a returner and learning from the best slot corner in the league, but after skipping the meeting with the Seahawks, I doubt they'll bother to go there.

mr2xxx

Banned

I don't think his height is the main issue, plenty of guys who are 5'10" or slightly under have gone on to have great careers. But like you mentioned his character issue is the biggest red flag he has. The weed issue then on top of that his poor bench in the combine. While bench itself isn't a big thing for CBs the fact that he had plenty of time to train for it and decided not too is a issue, then missing interviews. I'm just saying his height wouldn't automatically scare me but those things do. He would be a great boom or bust player in the 4th or higher but not in second especially with the talent at CB there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom