• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to see what they do today. I'm cool with trading a 3rd for Albert (KC) but not a 2nd. Eric Winston is still sitting in FA and they can simply go after him. Jonathan Martin has been working like crazy this offseason and is much stronger, I think he can hold down LT.
I agree with you on the trade value, but what I'm really worried about is paying Albert. I just hope the Phins can get him to sign for a reasonable price.

I'd really like Miami to make a move to try to get Cyprien, since Clemons is on just a 1 year deal. That guy covers ground quick as hell, plays fast, hits hard, is always around the ball. I think he's a far better player than Vacarro.
An upgrade there would be great, and Cyprien/Rashad Jones would make for a nice combo.

So, fellow brother, what do you think of the new logo/uniforms?

The good news is that we have a new logo:

8313331095_a18eb66fa8_o.png

The bad news? We're still gonna suck next season.
Looks great.

Do you ever offer any meaningful insight about the team or do you just stop by to say how much they suck on occasion?

cajunator

Banned
Saw a video on sports Science about Kenny Vacarro. Like what I saw.
If he can be a standout at all it will significantly help the defense. Its going to be very blitz heavyl ike in 09, so that would explain the heavy offseason emphasis on the secondary. Still doesnt make up for lack of a pass rush, but that might be oslved with 3-4 and constant blitzing. I loved watching that kind of defense where everyone just fucking goes after the QB. It actually worked sometimes.

Crisco

Banned
I'd be shocked if Tyrann got drafted. So many character red flags for a guy who is pretty limited in his roles

He was just a huge pot head in college. Big deal. His combine numbers were solid. In fact, I'd be happy if the Panthers took him with their 2nd pick.

Wes

venison crêpe
ST. LOUIS -- Last week, as part of their pre-draft diligence, St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead brought a few of their current quarterbacks to Morgantown, W.Va, to throw passes to wide receiver Tavon Austin.

After just two routes, Fisher stopped the workout for a moment, realizing there were a few people watching who weren't from the Rams' organization. He told Snead to deliver a quiet message to his quarterbacks.

"Stop smiling so much," Snead told them. "You're going to give it away."

The Rams' scenario was particularly intriguing. Realizing that interest in Austin was growing rapidly, they decided they'd need to jump the New York Jets at No. 9 in order to secure the wideout. Convincing the Bills that a trade would be in their best interests -- since it would guarantee that Austin wouldn't be in the AFC East with them -- got the deal done.

I love reading stories like these after the draft.

Wes

venison crêpe
@Gil_Brandt

I'm hearing @Jaguars leaning toward taking Johnthan Banks w/ 1st pick in 2nd round, not a QB. #NFLDraft

cajunator

Banned
He was just a huge pot head in college. Big deal. His combine numbers were solid. In fact, I'd be happy if the Panthers took him with their 2nd pick.

He was a pothead because he had to live in Baton rouge. Probably his main source of entertainment there.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Forgive my ignorance but is it just round 2 today or do they do round 3 as well?

I want to know since Browns have no second rounder.

Tommy Lawlor was on the Eagles Fancast yesterday and he said that Geno would drop out of the 1st and that the Eagles would take him at #35. He does a lot of stuff for the Eagles website and is usually pretty connected.

squicken

I'll be shocked if he isn't taken in the next two rounds.

Now, as we wait to see whether he'll hear his name Friday, Fox Sports' Jay Glazer told the Dan Patrick radio show on Friday morning that Mathieu didn't show up for scheduled meetings with the Texans and Seahawks last week.

Mathieu has spent so much of his time saying he's changed from his destructive college ways, a report like this surely has to be disheartening to those who believe he can be a top pro player if only he got the chance. Reportedly, though, Mathieu was sick for those meetings, so it's hard to know what exactly to make of him.

USA Today's Robert Klemko, though, caught up with Mathieu at a draft party in New York (so, he didn't cancel after all!), and Mathieu reportedly believed he could be drafted by the 49ers at the No. 18 pick after they traded up with the Cowboys. Instead, San Francisco went with former Mathieu teammate, safety Eric Reid.

Then, he watched as the Falcons took former Washington cornerback Desmond Trufant at No. 22, the Vikings took former Florida State cornerback Xavier Rhodes at No. 25 and the Ravens took former Florida safety Matt Elam at No. 32.

After that, Klemko writes, “Mathieu weaved through the remaining crowd and into a black Chevy Suburban parked illegally at the corner. He declined an interview request. His girlfriend, Sydni, clutched his left arm and rested her head on his shoulder. And they were off.”

dude does not live in reality

cajunator

Banned
Tyrann has some serious issues. Dude is a mental case. stay the fuck away.
Since we have no second round pick, today will be kind of boring.
Well except for the festival. thats going to be awesome.

Slo

dude does not live in reality

I am loving this story. I wouldn't even mind if the Vikes took him at 120, but I'm loving this guy getting knocked off his cloud. Most of the time these guys don't get that wake up call until after they've signed a $10M contract.

effzee

AdamSchefter
West Virginia QB Geno Smith has decided to remain in New York and will be attending the draft tonight in Radio City Music Hall.

Good thing because obviously if I am a GM who really wants him in the 2nd I would have totally changed my mind, the 6+ months of preparation, evaluation, work outs, and interviews just based on whether he stayed for night #2 after being totally devastated by not going at all in the first round and especially behind EJ.

cajunator

Banned
So he's like a cornerback version of Titus Young. I don't get why everyone is clamoring for him- is it just because he's a fairly well known name?

He had that one great year at LSU and the honey badger thing. then he let it go to his head and everything went to shit. Also can someone fill me in on the cowboys draft details? I only know that people are laughing about it.

Good thing because obviously if I am a GM who really wants him in the 2nd I would have totally changed my mind, the 6+ months of preparation, evaluation, work outs, and interviews just based on whether he stayed for night #2 after being totally devastated by not going at all in the first round and especially behind EJ.

Thank you.

Sanjuro

Breaking News

Sarcasm? There are a plethora of quarterbacks available in the draft. There is no reason why the Jets shouldn't bite. They have the worst quarterbacks in the league...both of them. No Jets fan can seriously tell me, no, we're good!

brentech

I think he'll go early 2nd.

I don't think he's such a huge risk at this point in the draft with rookie contracts as they are now. Even the Pack could take him if available and he'd probably get bored and start doing coke or some shit. But it's probably worth the risk at any point now.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Matheiu could be, at best, an average DB in the NFL. Too small. His whole reputation was built off of forced fumbles (he had an incredible streak of causing them his last year at LSU). But Forced Fumbles are one of the flukiest "stats" out there, more luck than planning.

Great returner, can tackle for a small DB, but will get abused by taller WR's and jump balls.

That, plus being all kinds of a mentally screwed up young man (not even counting the drug problem, he has problems recognizing reality)

He had that one great year at LSU and the honey badger thing. then he let it go to his head and everything went to shit. Also can someone fill me in on the cowboys draft details? I only know that people are laughing about it.

Cowboys traded back to the late first then took a center who had a 3rd round draft grade with terrible combine numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom