• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I thought he'd be a great pick late for Seattle, acting as a returner and learning from the best slot corner in the league, but after skipping the meeting with the Seahawks, I doubt they'll bother to go there.

One of our local reporters said he cancelled, not skipped. Either way, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over not getting him. I have no interest in him.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Packers organization in any round.

He doesn't seem like a good fit for that franchise anyway(not a racist joke!).

Colasante

Reports out of Dallas: Jason Garrett had head in his hands when Cowboys made pick, scouts were seen arguing with Steven Jones before pick.

tumblr_mg18nauJbY1r1wdslo1_500.gif

eznark

Banned
Anyone know anything about Sio Moore? He was one of the fastest OLB's at the combine and moved around a bit in Connecticut. If I remember right he was one of the names popping at the Senior Bowl.

Anyway mastershake, as of now I think that's who I am hoping the Packers get. He was strong and fast. I just don't ever clearly remember him and I feel like I watched a lot of UConn the last couple years.

squicken

Except this is a team people pay attention too. I expect you fuckers to talk about it for 100 years.

I flipped on the audio when the Rams traded for Austin, thinking they'd be talking about how he'd fit and what they would do, and instead it was immediately about how the Jets dropped the ball and how are they Jets going to score

Being an obscure team sucks, but being a notable team that the media loves to dump on sucks more

“Well, the Kansas City deal I can say is nowhere right now and neither is the [Davone] Bess one,” Ireland said. “Information gets out, but sometimes they’re not what they appear.”
They're totally going to take an OT in the second round and make him a starter, aren't they?

Draxal

Anyone know anything about Sio Moore? He was one of the fastest OLB's at the combine and moved around a bit in Connecticut. If I remember right he was one of the names popping at the Senior Bowl.

Anyway mastershake, as of now I think that's who I am hoping the Packers get. He was strong and fast. I just don't ever clearly remember him and I feel like I watched a lot of UConn the last couple years.

He's good, you probably want to watche the Ville/Uconn game in the battle of the get the fuck out of the Big East (uconn won the battle,ville won the war).

Uconn is like Rutgers, has a lot of pro talent in its d (Moore/Getz/Trevardo Williams/Bledi Bleh-Wilson), but an abyssmal offense. So the Big East games were boring slugfests to watch.

eznark

Banned
He's good, you probably want to watche the Ville/Uconn game in the battle of the get the fuck out of the Big East (uconn won the battle,ville won the war).

Uconn is like Rutgers, has a lot of pro talent in its d, but an abysmmal offense. So the Big East games were boring slugfests to watch.

Yeah, being in the Cincinnati market I feel like they were on TV all the fucking time. I always kind of thought the football was shitty so never paid close attention. I'm not going to do any research at this point, just wondering if there were any huge flaws there. He's started 3 years I think? Or at least had significant time in three years. Love those guys.

Not sure if this was posted but capers on datone

He has the ability to play either outside at defensive end and obviously we play an awful lot of sub packages today in defending the offenses that we have to defend. So, he can move inside and play inside. He's an athletic player, has some basketball background. I think he's a high-character guy with a very good work ethic. Again, as we watched him play, it was easy to project him playing in our defense because they play a very similar defense at UCLA.

It's a wrap! Future hall of famer here

Draxal

Yeah, being in the Cincinnati market I feel like they were on TV all the fucking time. I always kind of thought the football was shitty so never paid close attention. I'm not going to do any research at this point, just wondering if there were any huge flaws there. He's started 3 years I think? Or at least had significant time in three years. Love those guys.

Yeah, I'm just saying it's kinda like Lacy and the Bamas oline, they were so good against their competition level that's its kinda hard to judge how good they are by themselves in isolation. Obviously Uconn's D isn't as good as Bama's line in a vacumn, but against the competition they played they did more then enough to deserve a better record then they got.

Ceebs

It's not likely but I would love it if the Falcons found a way to trade up and get Tank.

I would be down for this.

I was so fucking relieved when Eifert came off the board though. I saw Atlanta traded up and I was freaking out that we were going to waste a pick on a tight end.

effzee

The Dolphins gave up their first of two second round picks in the Raiders trade.

Wow my bad. I thought NFLN showed pick # 72 which I thought was a 3rd round pick.

I guess Eagles didn't value that pick in the 2nd enough to leave Lane Johnson go to someone else.

One thing the Jets should not do is let their defense fall to shit like the offense did.

Well the D was solid at least if not spectacular. The offense needs so much more help and you had 2 first round picks with a possible great TE on the board why not? Who do they have on the OLINE? WR? RB? TE? Absolutely no one.

Defense had a solid secondary and with Rex at least competent coaching. They could have at least split it, 1 DE and Eifert.

Whatever at least its a good joke franchise.

They're totally going to take an OT in the second round and make him a starter, aren't they?

Which isn't really that scary. I mean not every starting T or G is from the first round. Plenty of depth. Unless you absolutely love the guys at top.

BigAT

Don't know about how he "projects", but on the field he was a production machine. Good tackler, one of those guys that seems to always be involved in the play.

cdyhybrid

Local guys have been throwing his name out there as a guy the Hawks could take. Either of the UCONN LBs, actually. We're at the end of the 2nd though so I assume you guys pick before us.

Godslay

Banned
Saw a mock with Eddie Lacy to the Bengals in round two? If so, that will make that offense even better. Will the Flacco's even make it to the playoffs?

UberTag

Tank, Jessie Williams, Hunter, Brown.

Haven't watched any Cyprien, but I hear a lot of good things about the guy.
Tank won't fall to us and Hunter we'll probably need to trade up to get due to the Lions.

Don't think the Bills are especially enamored with Keenan Allen and that it's more likely Robert Woods is who we wind up with as our "big WR acquisition".
Hopefully we're at least smart enough to use our second of our Round 2 picks on him and grab best player available that addresses a need with the first.

Which isn't really that scary. I mean not every starting T or G is from the first round. Plenty of depth. Unless you absolutely love the guys at top.
True, but they don't have room for error so if they go that route they have to nail it. And not only do they need to pick an RT who is ready to be a solid starter, they need to feel comfortable with Jonathan Martin (second year pro) moving to LT as a permanent starter.

Considering all the moves the team has made this offseason this is a huge issue. If they screw this up it could seriously hamper Tannehill's development and the effectiveness of all those shiny offensive free agents they brought in. Plus, they have a second year running back who is relatively unproven, so he's going to need all the help he can get from the o-line.

I'm starting to come around on the Jordan pick some but I just have this feeling that the Phins might regret passing on Lane Johnson in a year or two.

That's not a bad thing. If Albert doesn't work out, Winston is available for cheaper. Not as good, but serviceable.
Is that really an option that makes you feel comfortable, though? Didn't they pass on him last offseason as well?

But, at the end of the day I'd rather see them take the risk with a second round pick than overpay someone like Albert.

cdyhybrid

Saw a mock with Eddie Lacy to the Bengals in round two? If so, that will make that offense even better. Will the Flacco's even make it to the playoffs?

They might be the last team out.

AFC West Playoff Teams: Denver
South: Houston, Indy
East: NE, Miami?
North: Cincy, Balt/Pitt?

DSmalls84

Realistically who will the Falcons target in round 2? It seems like the most glaring needs are at CB and DE. I really don't see the point of taking a TE or RB this year with Gonzo and sjax on board for two years. Really glad to see them working on Def this year though, they should be a pretty complete team with some good picks.

Wow my bad. I thought NFLN showed pick # 72 which I thought was a 3rd round pick.

I guess Eagles didn't value that pick in the 2nd enough to leave Lane Johnson go to someone else.

Well the D was solid at least if not spectacular. The offense needs so much more help and you had 2 first round picks with a possible great TE on the board why not? Who do they have on the OLINE? WR? RB? TE? Absolutely no one.

Defense had a solid secondary and with Rex at least competent coaching. They could have at least split it, 1 DE and Eifert.

Whatever at least its a good joke franchise.

Jets fielded the 4th oldest defense last year. (Steelers were first. :S)

MechDX

I'm not laughing.

really

Facebook comment:

Someday ill tell my grand kids about a time when the Dallas Cowboys were a respectable and dominant organization. You've finally done it Jerry. I'm a Texan fan now. And the next time you want a slow guy that can't block for first round pick money, give me a call.

Good....good! Let the hate flow!

Ceebs

Realistically who will the Falcons target in round 2? It seems like the most glaring needs are at CB and DE. I really don't see the point of taking a TE or RB this year with Gonzo and sjax on board for two years. Really glad to see them working on Def this year though, they should be a pretty complete team with some good picks.

I would be okay with taking a chance on a RB this year in a much later round like (4th or 5th) if there is still one out there you really like.

eznark

Banned
People are now claiming Frederick can't block? Man I feel sorry for that kid. Sucks to go to such a brain dead and bitter fan base.

squicken

Why did Tank Carradine fall out of the first round?

The Florida State defensive end was seen by many as a solid pick late in the teens and into the 20s, but his recovery from knee surgery isn't going as well as the glowing stories on him would have one believe. Every team got the information on Carradine at the scouting combine medical recheck and it wasn't very good. Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers had a similar situation a few years ago and tumbled from a potential No. 1 overall pick to the second round. Carradine could be selected Friday night.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...013-nfl-draft-second-round-questions/2115647/

Could be a redshirt for 2013

Who I want for Cards:

1. Cyprien
2. Carradine
3. Minter

We get two out of those 3 tonight and I'll be ecstatic.

Edit: Didn't know how serious Carradine's injury was...may have to go with a different pass rush. Running off to lunch now so will have to think about it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom