• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

I'd agree with that sentiment. He seems like he'll be a serviceable QB until a true game changer is found. I don't get the sense that he is scared to play like Colt and Anderson and Quinn and any other recent QB that has been on that team.
I think he knows what he is.
Essentially a stop gap at QB

squicken

Carson Palmer or Matt Schoob? Wonder how Carson's bootleg game is.

I'd say it's a hell of a Glorious Weeden Future, but maybe that's just me.

Look I don't need no hateration, holleration in this dancerie.

You need to stop this. Brandon Weeden is going to shock the world!

Dude came from a college where they didn't huddle, to freaking Pat Shurmur's Lollygag jamboree system as a Rookie.

He's got actual coaches now and a real system in place. If he's going to succeed, we'll start seeing it this year. It's why Jason Campbell is a great backup plane.

Agreed. This cat knows his stuff.

Browns GAF I'm not trolling. I like Weeden more than most. I think he could do pretty well in Norv's system. They can protect him with a good running game and line. Seems to me they are in a good spot to add an impact player at CB/DE or TE. Division is there for the taking

Carson Palmer or Matt Schoob? Wonder how Carson's bootleg game is.

Browns GAF I'm not trolling. I like Weeden more than most. I think he could do pretty well in Norv's system. They can protect him with a good running game and line. Seems to me they are in a good spot to add an impact player at CB/DE or TE. Division is there for the taking

im probably the only member of browns Gaf who wouldnt mind seeing Campbell start

WedgeX

Banned
While reaffirming that Reiff will start somewhere for the Lions, Chris McClosky of the Detroit News reveals that GM Mayhew was at Jonathan Cooper's pro day.

As an aside, I thought it was interesting general manager Martin Mayhew was (reportedly) on hand for Jonathan Cooper’s pro day. Cooper, from North Carolina, is a guard. Wouldn’t it be just like Mayhew to throw everybody a curve and take a guard with the No. 5 pick?

mr2xxx

Banned
im probably the only member of browns Gaf who wouldnt mind seeing Campbell start

You haven't seen much of him in the past then. He has always been too conservative of a player, he isn't an improvement over what you already have. Browns are better off starting Colt than Weeds or JC.

You haven't seen much of him in the past then. He has always been too conservative of a player, he isn't an improvement over what you already have. Browns are better off starting Colt than Weeds or JC.

JC was doing pretty well in Oakland until the Browns (irony) broke his collarbone. I dunno, we can either have Colt throwing dump off passes, JC throwing dump off passes, or Weeden actually try to throw down the field with better coaching.

Truth is, I don't care who the hell is at QB as long as they win.

squicken

I heard good things about Rick Gosselin's mock drafts in the past. He didn't do one last year so I don't know if he is doing one this year.

He was easily the best. Now they have him as a general columnist, so he isn't on the NFL as much anymore, so doesn't do a mock

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

The Cavs are better off starting Colt as their PG (while Kyrie is injured) with the bounce passes he was giving in his one game this season.

Once that game was over you knew Colt's time here was over. He was underthrowing receivers left and right and when asked about it said he threw all those balls in the dirt on purpose to let his receivers catch their breath.

C'mon Man.

I will say it was delicious going to OBR for once to see how much damage control the Colt fanboys were doing over that game.

Mike Silver doesn't think much of Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen. Comparison to the Colts a little unfair, though. Both were in cap hell, but the Colts at least had their draft picks. And Carson Palmer is no Andrew Luck

He has definitely made a couple of questionable moves regarding the cap and restructures, but overall I think he's doing a pretty good job with what he has had to work with and has a goal in mind of building a foundation to be competitive for years, he's not hung up on winning right now.

Rumors continuing to fly about the Niners potentially trading their 31st or 34th pick for a 2014 1st rounder, with the Raiders being added to the mix along with the Bills. Word is the target will be Barkley, who will slip to the 2nd but be highly sought after.

Either team would be glorious, but I'd much prefer the Raiders do it, chance for a Top 5 pick for the Niners next year!

I can say with almost a hundred percent certainty the Raiders aren't gonna trade any future 1st rounder.

Greg

Wolverine_Jackman_tank_emerge-thumb-330x424-16990.jpg

Morning bros.
He's alive!

He has definitely made a couple of questionable moves regarding the cap and restructures, but overall I think he's doing a pretty good job with what he has had to work with and has a goal in mind of building a foundation to be competitive for years, he's not hung up on winning right now.

I can say with almost a hundred percent certainty the Raiders aren't gonna trade any future 1st rounder.

ALMOST! But not 100%!

3N16MA

Banned
I feel so strange posting in here. I haven't posted in so long and no one knows who I am. Also you guys are so insular that I feel like an outcast. I'm leaving.

Dragon

Banned
I feel so strange posting in here. I haven't posted in so long and no one knows who I am. Also you guys are so insular that I feel like an outcast. I'm leaving.

You're a fan of a team in the AFC North. I want to say Steelers or Ravens. Either way you suck!

eznark

Banned
Wait, do people actually give a fuck what Mike Silver thinks? Guy is a jockstrap sniffer. Reggie must not be buying him enough dinners.

MechDX

Huddle Report charts the drafters, reviewing last years and a 5 year period.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/index/mockdraftscores.shtml

Shocking news is that Mel Kiper's actually pretty good at mocking.

Thanks for the link. Yeah I was shocked when I saw Kiper there! Lance Zeirlein is on the list with good scores but has only done 3 years.

Looked at that Ben Standig guys newest mock and he has the Texans taking Kevin minter from LSU at ILB. Would be a great pick to put next to Cushing.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2013/2013-nfl-mock-draft.cfm?writer=19

squicken

Wait, do people actually give a fuck what Mike Silver thinks? Guy is a jockstrap sniffer. Reggie must not be buying him enough dinners.

Total jock sniffer, which I why I think he gets good stuff occasionally. He love Hue Jackson so that's how I view his Reggie hate, though Reggie has made some bad decisions there. The Packer way isn't doing dumb extension and restructures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom