• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that I cant stand it. I HIGHLY respect the work that has obviously been put into it. Its just that gaming has pretty much passed me by. I largely prefer genres that are dead or dying. Gaming is more of a one or two games a year thing for me now.

i'm the same way. the only game i play consistently is madden and thats because of the 32 man online franchise we have on gaf. i buy plenty of games and they always ending up boring me or i'll play them for 5 or 6 hours and never go back. but not bioshock. something about the series really speaks to my nerd soul and keeps me coming back for more. i would say its been a while since a game has been that for me but fire emblem was as well. this has been a pretty great year for games so far just based off fire emblem and bioshock alone

Between my Facebook and now my precious NFL-GAF blowing up with Bioshock Infinite praise, I'm going to have to throw all my internet-connected devices into the trash. I very likely won't be able to play this until July!

Between my Facebook and now my precious NFL-GAF blowing up with Bioshock Infinite praise, I'm going to have to throw all my internet-connected devices into the trash. I very likely won't be able to play this until July!
I won't be able to play it till a very long time, I have no systems right now. Waiting for ps4 and even then not sure when I can play it.
Might try shoving a copy into my Roku ..

Just, dont get spoiled.

I assume you havent finished.

i've stayed away from the thread (except for 1 post before the game was out). i also hadn't watched any trailers/videos since last e3 so i went in blind on this one and will continue to be blind!

i wish i had more time to play it. i'll for sure be done with it by this weekend. then i will buy thet season pass and wait for new content!

I've never played a Bioshock, but damn you all got me intrigued. I assume I have to play the first two beforehand, correct?

no. bioshock infinite has nothing to do with bioshock. bioshock 2 is also KIND of related to bioshock 1 in that it takes place in rapture (the under water city!) but the stories aren't connected there either. although you do see some of the "characters" make appearances in the 2nd game.

bioshock and bioshock infinite were made by irrational games. bioshock 2 was made by another developer. they are all worth playing. if you have a decent PC you can get bioshock 1/2 for dirt cheap

I've never played a Bioshock, but damn you all got me intrigued. I assume I have to play the first two beforehand, correct?

I'd play 1 simply because it is a great game but you dont need to (The infinite narrative benefits though if you have played Bioshock).

Bioshock 2 isnt all that and not created by the same team. Not horrible, just not AAAA stuff. I wouldnt really recommend it.

cajunator

Banned
the offer was to my boy cajunator! i'll come up with a game for you one day!

and what did you think?

Nah its alright man lol. I respect the game and thats enough.
There are lots of games heralded by GAF that are a joke to me, but I have always respected the Bioshock team. I played about an hour of Bioshock 1 and that was enough to get a taste of how the game is and I think that was enough for me. But I really appreciated the detail and love that went into making it.
Similarly I really enjoyed the detail put into Fallout 3.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
eteOAhG.gif

Suh-Webb.jpg

squicken

lol ok bro, nice thinly veiled shot. Have you heard Andrew Luck speak? He sounds like he's straight out of the Goonies.

"Does that correlate to football? I say, yes, absolutely. [We seek] a young man that has the confidence to stand up in front of you and express himself as opposed to what a lot of young kids do today – they don't give you eye contact, they kind of mumble when they talk to adults.

"You walk around and talk to our kids, they look you in the eye," Shaw continued. "And we play that way. We are going to play right at you, in your face, 'Here is who we are, here is how we play.' There is a one-to-one correlation. There is no doubt about it to me. The inability to be intimidated by a person or a situation is something that is significant."

It's not Cam's vocabulary I doubt

bluemax

Banned
They both are two of the most decorated college players ever. I think despite all the hoopla that surrounds him Teo will do just fine in the NFL.

Yeah but as much as it pains me to say it Tebow earned his accolades on the field. Te'o got his by virtue of attending Notre Dame and being slightly better than awful.

cajunator

Banned
someone should start Tebow and just let him sink or swim instyead of speculating about what he is or isnt capable of.
He did lead the Broncos to an 8-8 record after a bad start, and then won a playoff game. That says to me he can play.

squicken

Mike Silver doesn't think much of Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen. Comparison to the Colts a little unfair, though. Both were in cap hell, but the Colts at least had their draft picks. And Carson Palmer is no Andrew Luck

As Oakland heads into coach Dennis Allen's second season, Palmer isn't the only one unimpressed by the team's direction. A document comparing the Raiders' rebuilding efforts to those of the Indianapolis Colts — one originating from a frustrated employee inside the team's Alameda training facility, and obtained by Y! Sports — did not reflect favorably upon McKenzie and Allen.

Among the cited similarities between the two organizations heading into the 2012 season: Each team hired a first-time general manager and a first-time head coach who had previously been a defensive coordinator. Each had to contend with severe salary-cap issues and more "dead money" than any of their other NFL counterparts. Both started quarterbacks picked first overall (Oakland's Palmer in 2003, Indy's Andrew Luck in 2012) who were learning a new offensive system. And both replaced their starting cornerbacks and center from the previous season, lacked a 1,000-yard rusher in 2012 and featured rosters devoid of any of their first-round selections from the 2004-08 drafts.

Whereas the Colts, with Arians filling in for the ailing Chuck Pagano for much of the season, rebounded from a 2-14 campaign in 2011 to finish 11-5 and make the playoffs, Oakland lost 12 games after having gone 8-8 the previous year.

McKenzie's dubious moves in 2012 included signing guard Mike Briesel to a five-year, $25-million contract in free agency (he has since accepted a pay cut following a disappointing season), acquiring a quartet of since-released vested veterans (Dave Tollefson, Owen Schmitt, Ron Bartell and Pat Lee) and restructuring Seymour's deal in a manner that will cause the team to take a $14 million cap hit in 2013.

After trading for Palmer, who stepped away from the game following the 2010 season because he no longer wanted to play for the Cincinnati Bengals, the Raiders asked him to restructure his existing contract, and he complied. McKenzie initiated another restructuring following the 2011 season, and again the quarterback was receptive.

squicken

Raiders are such a mess :( Makes me sad, they're my Uncle's favorite team, always rooted for them.

I think the story also is that there are people in the building preparing and leaking documents to the media to undermine the GM and coach. If Reggie is trying to undo the Al years, there might be an old guard that would obviously resist that

LevelNth

Banned
Rumors continuing to fly about the Niners potentially trading their 31st or 34th pick for a 2014 1st rounder, with the Raiders being added to the mix along with the Bills. Word is the target will be Barkley, who will slip to the 2nd but be highly sought after.

Either team would be glorious, but I'd much prefer the Raiders do it, chance for a Top 5 pick for the Niners next year!

squicken

Banner says they won't cut Colt but are open to trading him lol

Weeden the start but JCamp will get chance to win the job. Hell of a shame circle there, kave

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Banner says they won't cut Colt but are open to trading him lol

Weeden the start but JCamp will get chance to win the job. Hell of a shame circle there, kave

Look I don't need no hateration, holleration in this dancerie.

You need to stop this. Brandon Weeden is going to shock the world!

Look I don't need no hateration, holleration in this dancerie.

You need to stop this. Brandon Weeden is going to shock the world!

Dude came from a college where they didn't huddle, to freaking Pat Shurmur's Lollygag jamboree system as a Rookie.

He's got actual coaches now and a real system in place. If he's going to succeed, we'll start seeing it this year. It's why Jason Campbell is a great backup plane.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm not saying Weeden is our QB of the future
he only has 3 more years of life in him
but he will be good enough to hold the fort until they do find the new hotness.

All I'm saying is he'll be good enough that they won't need to panic and rush a young qb in or reach for someone who isn't good enough.

They'll probably find the guy they think can take the reins in the next two drafts and then slowly build him up.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm not saying Weeden is our QB of the future
he only has 3 more years of life in him
but he will be good enough to hold the fort until they do find the new hotness.

All I'm saying is he'll be good enough that they won't need to panic and rush a young qb in or reach for someone who isn't good enough.

They'll probably find the guy they think can take the reins in the next two drafts and then slowly build him up.

Agreed. This cat knows his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom