• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Packers were underdogs! Niners on the other hand, Hardon got raped by his own brother in one of the worst chokes in Super Bowl history.

I hope 8-8 is enough for you guys to squeak in as the Wild Card so Bradford can piss on you again.

Packers were underdogs! Niners on the other hand, Hardon got raped by his own brother in one of the worst chokes in Super Bowl history.

I hope 8-8 is enough for you guys to squeak in as the Wild Card so Bradford can piss on you again.

You should be so lucky for someone else to eliminate the niners because god knows the packers can't do it!

Me...

what can i help you with, brah?
I have a question from someone who's on the outside looking in. Does being a partial owner of a team help you rationalize how seriously you take football? It'd be nice to have that to fall back on when I find myself caring "too much." Not that I have the option, but I was just thinking about it.

Manish reporting the Jets have Barkley rated higher than Nassib on their board. If they go QB it could be Barkley. First USC QB worked out so well...why not give it another go!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Good.

Nassib is trash.

I'd be okay with giving Barkley a shot. If it doesn't work out then draft the franchise guy next year. And if it does work out then great.

DCX

DCX
You should be thrilled Rodgers signed this bargain of a deal. Brings some sanity back after the Ravens went bonkers.

Oh i am! I just know it's still going to hurt our ability to make moves in the near future. I think its the big reason why we trade up due to the win now mode.

As soon as Ryan signs that contract we won't trade any picks to save money.

DCX

MechDX

lol airfumble.gif
SWzyL.gif

doctor-who-raining-not-crying.gif

Touche' motherfucker.

The more I think about it, the more I end up not actually hating Travis Fredrick. I just hate the value and the trade that got them to 31

Acceptance.

squicken

Manish reporting the Jets have Barkley rated higher than Nassib on their board. If they go QB it could be Barkley. First USC QB worked out so well...why not give it another go!

I see no way the Jets draft a QB. Rex is gone after this year. Idzik will let the next coach pick the QB

Colasante

I see no way the Jets draft a QB. Rex is gone after this year. Idzik will let the next coach pick the QB

It's amazing how they're setting up Rex to fail. If he somehow pulls off a .500 win season, he might get rewarded with a decent QB and stick around for a long time. I'm rooting against him, I want him out of the AFC East.

Swearinger hype train is about to leave the station!!

Though to be honest I think i prefer Shawn Williams from Georgia
having seen zero tape on both and strictly looking at combine numbers and scout analysis... in before LJ, Ez, DK, or chuck call me an idiot :(

mr2xxx

Banned

At least they don't pick this one in the top 10 of the draft. If your gonna invest in BF 2.0 might as well get a discount. That shows the Jets are getting better right?

squicken

Does anyone have a strong opinion on any of the safeties. SF thought Reid was the best one, BAL had Elam as the top guy, and NOLA had Vaccaro. I'm sure most had Vaccaro rated as the best, but before the draft it was widely known that BAL wanted Elam

So will safeties going in the third round be worse than guys going in the first? Seems like Swearinger could be just as good as Elam. That back half of the first round was a toilet. Every guy had some sort of mark on him that you wouldn't expect a top 32 guy to have, except Eifert. Nice work by the Bungles

This Thank You note thread in OT is blowing my mind. Are people clueless?

Or it could be an expected thing for certain types of jobs but not all. I've never sent a thank you note for an interview and neither has my wife. We're both gainfully employed and make over 6 figures combined.

Talon

Or it could be an expected thing for certain types of jobs but not all. I've never sent a thank you note for an interview and neither has my wife. We're both gainfully employed and make over 6 figures combined.
Just out of interest: what fields are y'all in? I can imagine thank you notes not being an issue for highly specialized fields in, say, biochem or along those lines.
So is it customary to do thank you notes after interviews? Seems dumb as hell.
Has been for every job I've been in. Professional services (effectively consulting), PR and Journalism. More of a follow up reiterating interest and trying to set a final tone rather than a hand-written pleasantry.

I think Cyprien could be better than a few of the guys taken last night. He's coming out of a small school so not as many people familiar with him but the kid has speed, coverage skills, and hits hard. I think there's a pretty good chance he makes it to us and hope that's our pick.

Guess so. But I guess us hard working morons are clueless......how can we ever be as great or as wise as Talon?

Just out of interest: what fields are y'all in? I can imagine thank you notes not being an issue for highly specialized fields in, say, biochem or along those lines.

I'm a Tech Data Analyst for a government contractor.

She's a registered nurse at the hospital. She's working on her Masters degree for to be a Nurse Practicioner but none of her friends, who've already done so, have sent thank you letters for interviews to my knowledge. Just isn't really expected around here.

We're not clueless. It just isn't the norm for our jobs. I thank people for their time at the interview.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just got off work so I've gotten pretty lucky two days in a row (construction schedule varies obviously).

I really think the Lions are going to go trade down if possible, and take a potential offensive playmaker like Justin Hunter or the dude from Cal with our 2nd round pick. It's probably not popular with other Lions fans, but with Titus Young gone, and Ryan Broyles an injury risk we still need to add depth at WR.

Job interviews? I've never done that or heard of that, but my mom is saying its very important to do so 24-72 hours afterwards.

effzee

On the Manti watch:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
Oh, hello. @Alex_Flanagan just said the #Patriots are considering trading up for Manti Te'o.

Eagles beat writers saying it doesn't seem like Geno is going to be the Eagles pick. Talk of Ertz or one of the top safeties left.

I think Cyprien could be better than a few of the guys taken last night. He's coming out of a small school so not as many people familiar with him but the kid has speed, coverage skills, and hits hard. I think there's a pretty good chance he makes it to us and hope that's our pick.

Cyprien should be good. I only worry about his level of competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom