• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rams could've dumped Bradford's contract they would've done it in a second. He is the most overpaid player in the league because of that crap rookie wage scale. 8 players is tough to pass up though. Obviously none of the players the rams have drafted turned into elite players (yet?) but hard for either side to be unhappy with the deal

Fantomex

Dion Jordan

(On what part of his game he feels he needs to work on the most in order to be a complete player at this level) – “I’m going to have to do a lot of little things, man. First of all getting healthy, which is very important to me, so I can actually play and like I said getting stronger and being attentive to details so I can be any every down player. I don’t want to be a player who just goes in the game for pass rushing. I’m going to have to do all the little things right so when it’s time to go, I’ll be that guy that they call to go out there.”

That's what I'm talking bout Dion.

Got an interview with a staffing agency next tuesday.

Ive never worked with a staffing agency but they said they are looking to plug me into a permanent position if everything works out.

I'm pretty desperate so anything at this point.

mr2xxx

Banned
It'll only be a lopsided trade if only one team becomes a consistent SB contender. At this point the Skins have the advantage because RG3 helped them make the playoffs. While the Rams didn't make it their players still have time to develop on top of having future picks, besides they are not that far behind NFC favorites Seahawks and 49ers. Right now it looks like a good trade for both teams though.

squicken

Ænima;55662984 said:
Lol. I would put that dream to rest. Bradford is what he is at this point. A below average QB that looked awesome in college due to his supporting cast.

Seriously. There's so many guys off that OU offense in the NFL, it should be telling

Sappy113

Ænima;55662984 said:
Lol. I would put that dream to rest. Bradford is what he is at this point. A below average QB that looked awesome in college due to his supporting cast.

Nope. Fair point, but overall, Bradford hasn't played like a BELOW average QB. He hasn't played at a level befitting the first overall pick either, no denying that, but the entire organization was a complete clusterfuck his first two years. Snead and Fisher have started righting the ship, but there's still a way to go.

Besides which, you can't state he only looked good in college due to his supporting cast, without taking into consideration his struggles in the pros are undoubtedly linked to the lack of one in St. Louis. Can't use logic only one way.

With that being said even I won't say the trade was bad for the Rams. RGIII's ability to stay healthy is a serious concern that can't be downplayed. The Rams will have two first round picks next year, maybe they can get a franchise QB then.

Even if RG3 could stay healthy, it still wouldn't have been a bad trade for the Rams. Huge influx of new talent was needed, so the success of the trade obviously hinges on what those extra picks are turned in to. Looks good so far. Still early, though.

Sam Bradford situation is so similar to Alex smith. Good college qb, has some decent games early in his career but changes coordinators often, never has a good OL, no playmakers, has a decent D but a defensive head coach so he will never ascend into the upper qb level.

Rams can win some games with him but I don't ever see him leading them to the playoffs

Fantomex

Got an interview with a staffing agency next tuesday.

Ive never worked with a staffing agency but they said they are looking to plug me into a permanent position if everything works out.

I'm pretty desperate so anything at this point.

I hope you get something dawg. The economy is looking up again thankfully.

Canuck76

Banned
Ænima;55662984 said:

With that being said even I won't say the trade was bad for the Rams. RGIII's ability to stay healthy is a serious concern that can't be downplayed. The Rams will have two first round picks next year, maybe they can get a franchise QB then.

Check his first year in the league out though. Pretty good winning Offensive rookie of the year right? Wasn't his fault his o-line totally sucked.

I give him this year.

Sam Bradford situation is so similar to Alex smith. Good college qb, has some decent games early in his career but changes coordinators often, never has a good OL, no playmakers, has a decent D but a defensive head coach so he will never ascend into the upper qb level.

Rams can win some games with him but I don't ever see him leading them to the playoffs

Alex Smith led you guys to the playoffs

Crisco

Banned
Bradford had a great rookie year, regressed, got injured, and then improved last season. His supporting cast is still garbage. I don't think he'll ever be in the conversation for best QB in the league, but he's far from a scrub. With the right weapons I could easily see him leading a team deep into the playoffs. He may not be Peyton but he's not Sanchez either.

Sappy113

Meh, it's a fair point. Personally, I think he can do just that, and both are pretty worthless statements, cause we have no idea how he'll look with more consistent protection, a second year in the same scheme and with actual playmakers. New situation for him, but one that puts more pressure on him to deliver, for sure.

Definite feeling in Rams Nation that Sam needs to prove himself this year, though. Either way, the team is in a pretty good position to move on if needed. If Bradford doesn't come through, chances are the Rams will have yet another high pick next year, as well as the Redskins 1st rounder. In that case, they can move on from Bradford and manuever into a position to likely pick a highly rated QB in the 2014 draft.

squicken

No excuses this year. He gets his shot. It's not playoffs or bust, but he has to earn his keep. It will be very tempting, if they have a high pick next year, to grab one of the young QBs in the draft and take advantage of the new wage scale

edit: rodgers got his deal. very curious to see how numbers. should be crazy considering how far above the field he is

Bradford had a great rookie year, regressed, got injured, and then improved last season. His supporting cast is still garbage. I don't think he'll ever be in the conversation for best QB in the league, but he's far from a scrub. With the right weapons I could easily see him leading a team deep into the playoffs. He may not be Peyton but he's not Sanchez either.

Big time. He's not good but he is good enough. I agree that he is the most overpaid player in the league though.

UberTag

Steelers just snapped up the old Cardinals reject La'Rod Stephens-Howling - just like the Cards snapped up the old Steelers reject in Mendy earlier this off-season.

Seems likely they won't be making a play for Lacy or any of the other top-tier RBs this year. Will ride it out with Dwyer, Redman and LSH.

But Sanchez has led his team deep in the playoffs twice

Rams don't have harbs to coach up Bradford. You think it's a coincidence that every qb harbaugh has ever coached in the NFL and otherwise has had great success under harbs?

Does he have more than Smith and Kaep? I wouldn't say that is an adequate sample size. Especially considering Kaep had the tools to become a stud to begin with

Exactly, which is why I think it's ridiculous for Rams fans to give up on him. See what he can do with a good supporting cast first.

When the jets were winning they had a good oline. Rams keep missing on OL picks or ignoring them. Taking brockers over decastro last year was fucking stupid

effzee

What does Smith even have going for him?

Has to improve accuracy, doesn't have the greatest legs. Average size for the position.

A lot of screen passes and not a ton of normal progressions like the pro style requires

I mean wtf

I think some said he ran a pro style offense and it was a very fast up tempo style so it might fit Philly.

Fantomex

Hngggg all about those new phin unis.

nike-unveils-new-miami-dolphins-uniforms-619x384.jpg

7dhD8ru.gif

Crisco

Banned
When the jets were winning they had a good oline. Rams keep missing on OL picks or ignoring them. Taking brockers over decastro last year was fucking stupid

Their defense looks pretty solid though. Gotta start somewhere, but yeah, letting your franchise QB get his teeth knocked for 3 straight seasons is dumb.

ChanHuk

Banned
Honestly, Jason Garrett just has head coach as a title. He makes no decisions whether its players or play calling. I don't know what he does to be honest. Cowboys are the new Raiders of Al Davis era.

Milchjon

Of course Rodgers don't give a shit about being a real American hero. Fleece those smalltime poor owners who work day and night for their money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom