• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
I....liked Other M. I didn't love it but I enjoyed it enough to beat it. It's a pretty short game compared to something like Metroid Prime.

Never played the game but I've heard it was shit on because Team Ninja was involved as well. They aren't exactly beloved anymore after the seven different versions of each Ninja Gaiden.

Never played the game but I've heard it was shit on because Team Ninja was involved as well. They aren't exactly beloved anymore after the seven different versions of each Ninja Gaiden.
The gameplay wasn't the problem with that game, IMO. The fuck terrible story and character assassination done to Samus was.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Listening to Dumbervil on Jim Rome. Sounds like he wants to throw Elway under the bus, but is too nice of a guy for it. When asked about a gay player coming out, "That's out of my lane."

Also, welcome back DK.

Dragon

Banned
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/3/25/4146020/what-if-sam-performs-like-brady-this-year

Sam Bradford the new Tom Brady. Rams Super Bowl dynasty confirmed. Do I sound like the Browns fans rationalizing Weeden yet?

LOL!

Is 2002 2012? Does Bradford play half his games in a dome? C'mon with this stuff. Thank god I'm going out drinking tonight otherwise I'd question the human race!

I don't care if the article is tongue in cheek. That site is blocked based on this line:

My projections:

4000 yards 63% comp 7.5 y/a 35TDs 10 INTs --- 10-6 record

GTFO

LOL!

Is 2002 2012? Does Bradford play half his games in a dome? C'mon with this stuff. Thank god I'm going out drinking tonight otherwise I'd question the human race!

I don't care if the article is tongue in cheek. That site is blocked based on this line:

GTFO

I know. Dude jumps from 21 TDs to 35 next year? Totally delusional

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The gameplay wasn't the problem with that game, IMO. The fuck terrible story and character assassination done to Samus was.

I really enjoyed the traditional Metroid portions of the game where you go around looking for upgrades and finding secret areas and stuff. My biggest complaint about the gameplay was how they decided to do the missile launcher by pointing the Wiimote at the screen. Awful.

The story? I think I've played too many bad games because it was okay I guess.... I would have been fine with it if it was some sort of fanfiction story instead of them actually trying to shoehorn it into the Metroid story line.

It's disappointing.. most of the smaller writers are homerish for somebody, and the national writers are so afraid of pissing people off that they're worthless to read.

I wish I could find someone who writes football the way Charley Rosen writes basketball. Dude is awesome, doesn't give a fuck about offending anyone.

squicken

It's disappointing.. most of the smaller writers are homerish for somebody, and the national writers are so afraid of pissing people off that they're worthless to read.

I wish I could find someone who writes football the way Charley Rosen writes basketball. Dude is awesome, doesn't give a fuck about offending anyone.

That's the SBN Rams site, but they have a section where fans can post whatever they like. There's an edited main page, but it's still unpaid writers and editors. SBN can be okay. The Seahawks guys do some good stuff.

There's no OBR or BBI for the Rams, so for better or worse, that is the best "fansite"

That's the SBN Rams site, but they have a section where fans can post whatever they like. There's an edited main page, but it's still unpaid writers and editors. SBN can be okay. The Seahawks guys do some good stuff.

There's no OBR or BBI for the Rams, so for better or worse, that is the best "fansite"
I was referring to the Silver article actually. Raiders are overloaded with useless or overpaid talent and the it's gonna take time and money to cut the dead weight.

Don't know how you guys got started talking about it, but Other M is awful and not worth your time.

It was shockingly bad. When it was announced at e3 I was overjoyed. Sadly it was merely a masterfully cut trailer that hid all the deficiencies. I managed to get a full refund on it, though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/3/25/4146020/what-if-sam-performs-like-brady-this-year

Sam Bradford the new Tom Brady. Rams Super Bowl dynasty confirmed. Do I sound like the Browns fans rationalizing Weeden yet?

2/10

Show me where any Browns fan says Weeden is our QB of the future. He's a solid option while we try to find our franchise QB. As of right now there isn't a QB out there that you can say is hands down better than Weeden that we could realistically go and get.

Breaking News

image.php

Fuck the Vikings media bullshit.

I connected my shit to that jersey reveal website and the first two pictures are a fucking viking boat and a picture of Greenways bread eater face.

squicken

I was referring to the Silver article actually. Raiders are overloaded with useless or overpaid talent and the it's gonna take time and money to cut the dead weight.

ah

The problem for Reggie is that he restructured some guys to get cap relief instead of just releasing them. They signed Briesel to to go with Knapp's ZBS, which was a disaster b/c none of the other pieces fit well. So they fired Knapp and are going away from the ABS, but restructured Briesel. He's a smallish guard who isn't a good fit for a power run game

He did the same last offseason with restructuring Huff and Seymour, which just put off the decision, and pain, into this year. He is not above criticism

bluemax

Banned
Looks cool, I like the Seahawks shoutouts also 69ers. Will there be an iPad version?

Yep, I'm pretty sure we are shooting for a universal app but it definitely will be on iPhone and iPad.

The Seahawks related names will most likely be stripped before release because we don't want to get in trouble, I just put them in there to amuse myself.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fuck the Vikings media bullshit.

I connected my shit to that jersey reveal website and the first two pictures are a fucking viking boat and a picture of Greenways bread eater face.

Wow, you'd think the Vikings would stay away from anything resembling or referring to a boat!

ah

The problem for Reggie is that he restructured some guys to get cap relief instead of just releasing them. They signed Briesel to to go with Knapp's ZBS, which was a disaster b/c none of the other pieces fit well. So they fired Knapp and are going away from the ABS, but restructured Briesel. He's a smallish guard who isn't a good fit for a power run game

He did the same last offseason with restructuring Huff and Seymour, which just put off the decision, and pain, into this year. He is not above criticism
Certainly not, but the comparison to the Colts is asinine. The Colts were rife with aging stars and low paid role players. Its easy to rebuild when 75 percent of your money is in one guy.

It just smacks of an axe to grind.

2/10

Show me where any Browns fan says Weeden is our QB of the future. He's a solid option while we try to find our franchise QB. As of right now there isn't a QB out there that you can say is hands down better than Weeden that we could realistically go and get.

I agree I'm just giving you all shit. At least you aren't trying to rationalize Fatford

squicken

Certainly not, but the comparison to the Colts is asinine. The Colts were rife with aging stars and low paid role players. Its easy to rebuild when 75 percent of your money is in one guy.

It just smacks of an axe to grind.

oh that was my biggest issue as well. Both in cap hell, but having Luck vs Palmer is a huge difference. But McKenzie hired Allen, who I don't think is much of a coach. And we all have issues with Arians, but it's hard to argue that Grigson didn't do well in the non-Luck stuff too

Mcshits newest draft
1. KC - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. JAX - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
3. OAK - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
4. PHI - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
5. DET - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6. CLE - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
7. ARI - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
8. BUF - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
9. NYJ - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
10. TEN - Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
11. SD - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
12. MIA - Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
13. TB - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
14. CAR - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
15. NO - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
16. STL - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
17. PIT - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
18. DAL - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
19. NYG - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
20. CHI - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
21. CIN - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
22. STL - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
23. MIN - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
24. IND - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
25. MIN - Keenan Allen, WR, California
26. GB - Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
27. HOU - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
28. DEN - Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame
29. NE - Justin Pugh, G, Syracuse
30. ATL - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
31. SF - John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
32. BAL - Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech

RD 2

33. JAX - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
34. SF - Zack Ertz, TE, Stanford
35. PHI - E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
36. DET - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
37. CIN - Matt Elam, S, Florida
38. ARI - Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State
39. NYJ - Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
40. TEN - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
41. BUF - Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
42. MIA - D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
43. TB - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
44. CAR - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
45. SD - Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff
46. STL - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
47. DAL - Kyle Long, G, Oregon
48. PIT - Robert Woods, WR, USC
49. NYG - Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
50. CHI - Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
51. WAS - Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
52. MIN - Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
53. CIN - Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
54. MIA - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
55. GB - D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina
56. SEA - Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
57. HOU - Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
58. DEN - Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut
59. NE - Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
60. ATL - Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
61. SF - Johnathan Cyprien - S, FIU
62. BAL - Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin

bionic77

Thats a nice addition to our backfield and he's probably not even a truther!
I really hope he can stay healthy.

I am very doubtful though. Tomlin has never really figured out how to use timeouts or how to spread carries to various running backs.

I expect us to overwork Bradshaw following some early success leading to an injury in late October (when we usually start to fall apart) and then the shit platoon spreading the load for the rest of the season.

I guess it only makes sense. Tomlin is by far the sexiest coach in NFL history. He literally has movie star good looks. If he was smart as well it would just be unfair to the rest of the league.

squicken

I would love this, but I'm skeptical the Rams take a RB that early this year. Still I would love Lacy

Fisher snapped his glasses in half b/c CLE took Richardson ahead of him. He absolutely will draft a RB in the first round. I don't have a huge problem with it as long as the guy is a special talent. Both Lacy and Richardson I would have been against b/c they already have nagging injuries out of college, and that has continued with TRich

Draxal

I really hope he can stay healthy.

I am very doubtful though. Tomlin has never really figured out how to use timeouts or how to spread carries to various running backs.

I expect us to overwork Bradshaw following some early success leading to an injury in late October (when we usually start to fall apart) and then the shit platoon spreading the load for the rest of the season.

I guess it only makes sense. Tomlin is by far the sexiest coach in NFL history. He literally has movie star good looks. If he was smart as well it would just be unfair to the rest of the league.

Oh, he's going to get hurt and it's not going to be Tomlin's fault. Coughlin was pretty good at divying carries, yet Bradshaw got hurt like clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom