• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Really? I've seen him pegged as either center or guard. Too small for tackle?

Can't remember how tall he is (6'4" or 6'5"?), but did well at LT in 2011.

He didn't make many/any snap mistakes as center, but he just seemed too big for the center's role.

Godslay

Banned
Can't remember how tall he is (6'4" or 6'5"?), but did well at LT in 2011.

He didn't make many/any snap mistakes as center, but he just seemed too big for the center's role.

6'5 311 I guess. Seems like decent size. You'd probably know better than I would, seen him listed to go center in a few spots.

Duxxy3

Dennard was a 7th round pick last year and is already a producing starting CB.

He dropped 5 rounds because he hit a cop.

The patriots are truly jeckyl and hyde when drafting. They have made some picks that were steals the last few years and they have also had picks that made zero sense, even when they were announced.

edit: looking back at the last few years and the most successful picks we have had come from schools that belichick isn't really attached to.

Drafting with Bill Belichick. So much fun

tumblr_mcum2yptCD1ryi4ij.gif

Keylow415

49ers have a really good draft so far bring in good depth to the Dline. and we still have a ton of picks. hope we trade some of them for draft picks for next year.

TheFatOne

He dropped 5 rounds because he hit a cop.

The patriots are truly jeckyl and hyde when drafting. They have made some picks that were steals the last few years and they have also had picks that made zero sense, even when they were announced.

Like I keep saying the last few years have been really solid. One of the reasons I hate the Pats trading down in the first is because generally they are pretty good at picking guys in the first. Occasionally they pick a Maroney(even then he wasn't a complete bust), but for the most part they get good players in the first. I'm hoping this draft is like the ones since 2010 and not before.

49ers have a really good draft so far bring in good depth to the Dline. and we still have a ton of pick. hope we trade some of them for draft picks for next year.

We got one for next year already I believe. Its almost time to start trading picks to next year. We have pretty much what we came for, which is a miracle.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Its not really a push as much as it is factual. Sanchez is 4th on the depth chart at this point.

I think he wants out. Maybe he should try to make it work.

But can you imagine the media circus that will follow the team this summer when the Jets open camp with a three way qb battle? Sanchez, the grizzled veteran, trying to make amends for his unsteady play. Smith, the rookie, out to prove all of the haters wrong. Timmah, the chosen one, here to save the team and your soul. Ratings gold!

Lonestar

6'5 311 I guess. Seems like decent size. You'd probably know better than I would, seen him listed to go center in a few spots.

Stuck with the center mark because he filled in a gap on the oline. If Alabama had a solid enough center, I think he'd have moved back to Guard from Tackle (warmack and Barrett) with Cyrus Kouanjio next year as a 1st round pick at LT.

LJ11

Wtf is going on with Jessie Williams? I saw a lot of mocks with him going in the first and here he is in the 4th

His knees are probably shit, still worth it if you ask me. A few good years are better than no years from some scrub.

DT Hill that the Seahawks took is intriguing, lot of talk last week or so, didn't really watch the child molesters play this year.

BigAT

But can you imagine the media circus that will follow the team this summer when the Jets open camp with a three way qb battle? Sanchez, the grizzled veteran, trying to make amends for his unsteady play. Smith, the rookie, out to prove all of the haters wrong. Timmah, the chosen one, here to save the team and your soul. Ratings gold!

Don't forget Garrard, McElroy, Simms, Russell (soon).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Tebow is still on the roster next year and Sanchez is gone, I'm gonna laugh so hard.

I think this is possible.

Nobody else wants Tebow and what real incentive is there to cut him? The circus died down and hes 15 pounds lighter now, looks like he finally figured out that QBs probably shouldn't look like greek gods (even if they're sexy).

And really they're going to need to somebody else other than Garrard/Smith because Garrard hasn't even played since 2010. Seriously.

But yeah theres McElroy as well. Maybe they should bring in JaMarcus and Vince Young while they're at it.

Lonestar

His knees are probably shit, still worth it if you ask me. A few good years are better than no years from some scrub.

DT Hill that the Seahawks took is intriguing, lot of talk last week or so, didn't really watch the child molesters play this year.

Wtf is going on with Jessie Williams? I saw a lot of mocks with him going in the first and here he is in the 4th

Jesse's large, but kind of top heavy (no leg days!) Strong, but his combine bench drill was disappointing, cause he's a weigh room monster. It was just the one knee that he got injured, and like all Alabama players, will tough it out and win championships. So that, plus not playing football for that long (he's Australian), could be why he dropped. A solid run stuffing NT or DE in a 3-4 system, but I don't think he was as good as Cody (or Jenkins from UGA, who was a good pick for the Saints)

Never saw the ultimate diagnosis of his knee injury. Last word I had heard, was a severe sprain, and never heard about a torn ACL.

Colasante

I like the non-Rutgers Patriots picks. I guess projecting Aaron Dobson to his highest potential, he could be like a Kenny Britt or Hakeem Nicks for us. That'd be nice.

Jesse's large, but kind of top heavy (no leg days!) Strong, but his combine bench drill was disappointing, cause he's a weigh room monster. It was just the one knee that he got injured, and like all Alabama players, will tough it out and win championships. So that, plus not playing football for that long (he's Australian), could be why he dropped. A solid run stuffing NT or DE in a 3-4 system, but I don't think he was as good as Cody (or Jenkins from UGA, who was a good pick for the Saints)

Never saw the ultimate diagnosis of his knee injury. Last word I had heard, was a severe sprain, and never heard about a torn ACL.

Niners should trade up and get him. Sounds worth a 4th!

Link

The Autumn Wind
I think this is possible.

Nobody else wants Tebow and what real incentive is there to cut him? The circus died down and hes 15 pounds lighter now, looks like he finally figured out that QBs probably shouldn't look like greek gods (even if they're sexy).

And really they're going to need to somebody else other than Garrard/Smith because Garrard hasn't even played since 2010. Seriously.

But yeah theres McElroy as well. Maybe they should bring in JaMarcus and Vince Young while they're at it.
As crazy as it sounds, keeping Tebow wouldn't be the worst thing. With the new offense and a system I assume will be built around Geno, it makes sense to have a backup that can run the same system.

Either that or I'm suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

The anger about Duron Harmon is amazing.

"And we thought Tavon Wilson was a reach last year.. this is 20 times worse"

Typical Bill!

I do know that I'm gonna support the shit out of this guy :

Aaron-Dobson-Catch.jpg

And get disappointed as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom