• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

The last Pats pick is really bothering me right now. I'm glad they are drafting a safety, but this guy should have easily been available in the next couple of rounds. For a guy who covets draft picks I don't get why Belichick wastes picks like this. Makes no sense, but generally he never makes any sense when it comes to the draft so I'm not surprised. Any WRs left that are half way decent?

Draxal

The last Pats pick is really bothering me right now. I'm glad they are drafting a safety, but this guy should have easily been available in the next couple of rounds. For a guy who covets draft picks I don't get why Belichick wastes picks like this. Makes no sense, but generally he never makes any sense when it comes to the draft so I'm not surprised. Any WRs left that are half way decent?

There's a good amount. Could get Mark Harrison from Rutgers :).

Godslay

Banned

Ryan Swope?

Quinton Patton maybe.

TheFatOne

There's a good amount. Could get Mark Harrison from Rutgers :).

I think I'm all set with Rutgers players. Actually any solid Centers left? Would love to get a solid Center prospect they could develop. When it comes to the oline in the draft the Pats usually kill it.

Anyone calculated how much money Barkley lost by not coming out last year? Feel bad for dude. At least he set a bunch of SC records.

If Tyler Bray gets drafted before him though, I'm gonna need to go for a walk.

So looking at who the Pats picked

LL

I don't even know what is going on.

Colasante

I think I'm all set with Rutgers players. Actually any solid Centers left? Would love to get a solid Center prospect they could develop. When it comes to the oline in the draft the Pats usually kill it.

Center Barrett Jones and wide receiver Da'Rick Rodgers would be two good players for the Pats.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Good on Montgomery, and yeah, kniles from 2 years ago was great. Hope for him his 2012 was petrino's fault

MechDX

All 4 of the Texans picks are from South Carolina schools or in Montgomerys case, he was born in South Carolina.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 45s
Like this... RT @BlakeDickey2: DJ Swearinger and Sam Montgomery were on same high school team and are now reunited in NFL.

Cool shit!

squicken

Why don't teams draft bigger CBs to play safety if they want better coverage skills?

Still have to be able to tackle TEs and RBs. Depends on how the teams use their safeties. The Rams almost exclusively had Dahl up high in centerfield, something he was awful at. They are changing scheme, so maybe they will play half field. Will be a lot more man to man

Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP3m
Lombardi shrugs off passing on Honey Badger. "You do all your research ... Leon was best for us."

P.J. ZIEGLER ‏ @ PJFOX8 4m
Lombardi: more focused on improving secondary, not quarterback # Browns
LombMagic.

Fox318

Why are people saying the Jets have no weapons?

Holmes, Hill, Kerley are good WRs. They just need Hayden Smith to play good.

Godslay

Banned
All 4 of the Texans picks are from South Carolina schools or in Montgomerys case, he was born in South Carolina.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 45s
Like this... RT @BlakeDickey2: DJ Swearinger and Sam Montgomery were on same high school team and are now reunited in NFL.

Cool shit!

Letterman jackets bbbbbiiiittccchhhh!

"I like his size at 210 pounds. His production was good but not elite. I'll tell you what he is: He's raw, but he's got upside. He put on a show at his pro day." -- Mike Mayock

Ah yeah! Just what the Pats need, a development WR! That worked out so well the last couple of years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom