• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

On paper I think the Texans and Vikins had great drafts. Lacy was a huge steal for the Packers.

I have no idea who the guy Eagles picked up in the 3rd is.

Watching the Jets press conference was awkward as fuck with Rex sitting there neutered and in time out like a bad boy who just got caught stealing. Jets are going to end up ruining the careers of two once promising QBs. For some reason I feel for Geno and wish him all the best. Sanchez definitely needs a change of scenery for his last possible chance to salvage his career. Maybe Geno can run an offense Marty Mornirnghfhg draws up because after coaching McNabb then Vick he might prefer a mobile QB, but without any weapons around him Sanches will only regress.

bionic77

On paper I think the Texans and Vikins had great drafts. Lacy was a huge steal for the Packers.

I have no idea who the guy Eagles picked up in the 3rd is.

Watching the Jets press conference was awkward as fuck with Rex sitting there neutered and in time out like a bad boy who just got caught stealing. Jets are going to end up ruining the careers of two once promising QBs. For some reason I feel for Geno and wish him all the best. Sanchez definitely needs a change of scenery for his last possible chance to salvage his career. Maybe Geno can run an offense Marty Mornirnghfhg draws up because after coaching McNabb then Vick he might prefer a mobile QB, but without any weapons around him Sanches will only regress.
Sanchez is garbage. He should not be a starter.

Don't blame the Jets for him sucking ass. For once they are blameless.

Fox318

Gotta appreciate a player that's on Twitter ranking the Evangelion girls the same day he gets drafted into the NFL.

(He's got taste, too. Asuka is the best.)

BrennanWilliams_zps7d64ecaf.png

Jets missed out.

Fucking awesome.

effzee

Sanchez is garbage. He should not be a starter.

Don't blame the Jets for him sucking ass. For once they are blameless.

Yeah and he might have never amounted to anything but I have never seen a team provide so little to help their supposed franchise QB out.

In the 4 years since he has been drafted they have added what? LT on his way out of the league? And only to replace RB Thomas Jones who actually was better for them? Journey man and locker room cancer Braylan Edwards? Santonio Holmes who might be even a worse teammate and locker room guy? Rex Ryan only cares about his D and obviously doesn't know what to do on offense.

None of the guys they have at QB will ever amount to anything even though I wish Geno all the best.

Awesome quote from Chip about Bennie Logan who the Eagles picked up in the third:

"You know our mentality," Chip Kelly said of the pick. "Big people beat up little people."

His mantra since arriving has been bigger versatile players who can do more than one thing. Adios Foles.

Brinbe

becy7o6.jpeg
my view from earlier tonight. Thought it was funny that Mayock and Kiper were on the edges of each set across from each other, so they could've been talking smack the entire night. Alas...

Anyway, fun experience a 2nd time around. It's pretty much a real life version of NFL-GAF with lots of trolling (buttfumble/cheatriots/etc, no taco bell jokes unfortunately), hate/booing (especially for the eagles, pats, cowboys) and shared love for football.

If y'all have some free time next year, make the effort to come down, just don't pay $500 to attend like some morons did.

Also, I also had no clue who that Eagles 3rd round pick was, but I looked the Ertz pick

Canuck76

Banned
Like the RB pick and DL pick in 2nd and 3rd respectively for the seahawks. However RT is still a huge need for this club and unless i missed something in FA it appears last years 7th round converted DL selection J.R. Sweezy will be starting for RT. He seems decent but an upgrade there would really help Russell immensely

bionic77

Yeah and he might have never amounted to anything but I have never seen a team provide so little to help their supposed franchise QB out.

In the 4 years since he has been drafted they have added what? LT on his way out of the league? And only to replace RB Thomas Jones who actually was better for them? Journey man and locker room cancer Braylan Edwards? Santonio Holmes who might be even a worse teammate and locker room guy? Rex Ryan only cares about his D and obviously doesn't know what to do on offense.

None of the guys they have at QB will ever amount to anything even though I wish Geno all the best.

Awesome quote from Chip about Bennie Logan who the Eagles picked up in the third:

His mantra since arriving has been bigger versatile players who can do more than one thing. Adios Foles.
Great qb's make the players around them not the other way around.

The days of making a super team and having Troy Aikman be the uptight guy who is not great but good enough not to fuck things up are over.

If you can't get a franchise qb then you need a qb who can read a defense and has at least one great skill (ie Flacco who can't do anything by throw screens and bombs but he is really good at both). Trash like Sanchez is just going to hold a good team back. Without cameras and black magic a shit qb like that will never win a championship.

UberTag

Given his diverse set of interests, we need to make Brennan Williams a GAFfer even though he isn't one right now.
He can be our official NFL insider and hang out in WrassleGAF, AnimeGAF and Fire Emblem threads in between game days.

I HOPE THIS HAPPENS SOON.

I like the Chiefs' pick of Kelce. Once Dorsey and Reid picked up Fasano, I started looking at TE and had been keeping an eye on him. Pioli completely botched the 2010 draft by taking a broken Moeaki while I was hoping for Graham, Hernandez or Pitta.

The Knile Davis pick is too much boom/bust for me to rationalize it, even if it's the end of the third. I would've much rather seen Franklin there.

Watching that entire 2nd round go by without the Chiefs having a pick was brutal. I'm sure I'll enjoy it just as much next year.

jakncoke

Banned
Not feeling to good about this draft, i think its time to make changes in whomever is making decisions on free agent signing, player deals and draft picks. we have been missing on free agent deals, our player deals are now putting up over the cap yearly, and our draft picks havent been too hot lately

squicken

Geez Lacy had an even worse injury history than I thought

Green Bay - It will rank as one of the most hesitant draft choices that the Green Bay Packers have ever made.

One way or another, running back Eddie Lacy of Alabama became the newest Packer on Friday night with the 61st pick in the second round of the National Football League draft.

As Lacy plummeted deeper and deeper, you could almost hear the cries from the Green Bay faithful across the globe beseeching general Ted Thompson to trade up and nab him.

Not only didn't Thompson aggressively pursue Lacy, he almost did the unthinkable by trading away the No. 55 choice to San Francisco for No. 61 and an additional sixth-round selection.

If the Packers were trying to run away from Lacy, the talented but brittle fourth-year junior, they couldn't do it. When nobody would take them off the hook, it was almost as if the Packers threw up their hands and turned in the Lacy card.

They got a player that was the unanimous choice of 16 NFL personnel people in a Journal Sentinel poll as the best back in the draft.

At the same time, the Packers vi olated their deadly serious organizational initiative to curb injuries in 2013 after being decimated twice in the past three years.

"We feel pretty good about it," Thompson said of Lacy's almost endless history of injury. "I think it could have been one of the reasons he wasn't drafted earlier by other teams."

Lacy, 5 feet 11 inches and 229 pounds, incredibly was the fourth running back selected after North Carolina's Giovani Bernard, Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell and Wisconsin's Montee Ball.

Seattle then jumped on perhaps the second-most talented back, Texas A&M's Christine Michael, one slot after Lacy.

Lacy had just 355 carries and 35 receptions for the Crimson Tide, starting only in 2012 after the departures of Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.

But Lacy's injury history probably was the root cause why the entire league turned him down not once but twice in the draft.

Injuries limited Lacy to seven games as a high-school senior in 2008. After redshirting in 2009, he made it through the 2010 season intact before being affected by a turf toe injury down the stretch in 2011 and undergoing surgery in January 2012.

Last season, Lacy had an elbow injury and then a left hand injury that one personnel man said required the insertion of seven screws late in the year.

At the combine in February, Lacy couldn't work out because of pectoral and knee injuries. He also came up with a pulled hamstring that eliminated him from Alabama pro day March 13.

squicken

With how this draft is going, I wouldn't even mind the Pats take a late round flyer on Barkley. *shrug*

Unless you are trading Mallet, no reason. Gotta figure this is where the QBs start to go. At least Matt Scott, who I thought would go in the 3rd, should go soon b/c he is a developmental guy

Unless you are trading Mallet, no reason. Gotta figure this is where the QBs start to go. At least Matt Scott, who I thought would go in the 3rd, should go soon b/c he is a developmental guy

Mallett is entering the last year of his deal. Is he willing to re-sign knowing that Brady wants to play 'till he's 60?

Went out with a friend last night, missed the whole 2nd and 3rd round shy of looking at updates on my phone. Haven't had time to analyze anything yet.

Not feeling to good about this draft, i think its time to make changes in whomever is making decisions on free agent signing, player deals and draft picks. we have been missing on free agent deals, our player deals are now putting up over the cap yearly, and our draft picks havent been too hot lately

You've been sour about the whole draft for weeks. What were you expecting the Steelers to do?

Poor Geno. Actually, poor Jets fans for having to put up with this ridiculous circus. That Sanchez extension reaaaaaally fucked them over.

Nice to see we drafted the goddamn Six Million Dollar Man. I'll give him four games before a torn quad or some dumb injury.

Watching Ertz's highlights he looks more like a WR then a TE. I am really liking the picks the Eagles made yesterday. Ertz is bigger then Anquan Boldin and ran a better 40 then him. If only the Eagles had a guy that could reliably get him the ball. I hope they take Matt Scott today.

It sounds like the Dolphins are looking at using Dallas Thomas as a T even though he played more G at Tennessee. One reporter asked Philbin why wouldn't Tennessee keep him at T if he was effective there and he said, "Again, I didn't coach Tennessee. You'll have to ask those guys."

This line situation is troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom