• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

Pats draft has been extremely underwhelming, but I'm going to wait and see the players first before I judge the draft. The last few drafts have been very solid. I don't get the love for Rutgers players.

Draxal

Pats draft has been extremely underwhelming, but I'm going to wait and see the players first before I judge the draft. The last few drafts have been very solid. I don't get the love for Rutgers players.

Rutgers D was extremely solid last year, except for week end play and SS play (Harmon was the FS). Belicheck's son knows the entire team since he was the back up long snapper.

What I am reading on Jordan Reed is all pretty positive. Good athlete, good hands and smart. I would have liked to focus on the defensive secondary with all of our early picks but another potentail weapon for RGIII is always good too. Any GATA fans got any opinions?

UberTag

Rams are having a sweet little draft that few people are talking about.

Best hope for the Dolphins is Lamar Miller emerges as a stud running back. I don't believe Thomas has that in him.

TheFatOne

Rutgers D was extremely solid last year, except for week end play and SS play (Harmon was the FS). Belicheck's son knows the entire team since he was the back up long snapper.

Yea I'm not going to hate on the Pats draft until I see them in a preseason game. I really hated the Tavon Wilson pick, but I think he has some potential.

TheFatOne

Seems like the Pats could have had this guy much later in the draft. Seems like a waste to pick him up this early. Like Tavon Wilson I'm not a fan of the pick, but who knows he might be a good player.

I can't stand the MacDonald pick but I love the other 3. Was undecided on Bailey vs Terrance Williams. fine either way

I bet we will take another safety by the end of it. Get some depth. Hopefully have money to resign Mikell. Still if our first two picks pan out we can focus on safety with one of the first round picks next year. Solid draft. Two in a row.

mr2xxx

Banned
Jordan Reed

Per Draft Monster:
Final Word: Jordan has separated himself this year to be the number one deep threat at Tight End, drawing comparisons to former 4th round pick of the New England Patriots, Aaron Hernandez. He needs to improve on his blocking, but if he shows he can adapt to the speed of defenders at the next level, and can fix his minor issues, he will be a steal on Day Two of the draft, and shouldn’t fall past where the Patriots selected Aaron Hernandez.

Per CBS
COMPARES TO: Aaron Hernandez, TE, New England Patriots - Yes, both grew up and prepped in Connecticut before arriving in Gainesville, but the similarities don't end there. Reed shows the unique ability to create receiving mismatches as a "joker" TE against linebackers and defensive backs, similar to what Hernandez has done in New England.

Walter Football:
Reed is a somewhat raw tight end, but he should be able to contribute as a receiver immediately in the NFL. He is fast and consistently beats man coverage. His route-running is very good, and he has no problem getting separation. Reed is deadly running down the middle seam. He gets downfield quickly and presents mismatch problems for linebackers and safeties.

Reed needs to improve his blocking. It would help him to gain more muscle to take on front seven defenders in the NFL. Early in his career, Reed may not be used on an every-down basis because of his blocking limitations.

Right now, Reed looks like a second-day pick who could easily go in the second round. There are a lot of teams that could use him, so waiting to take him in the third round would be risky. Reed could be the third tight end off the board.

Liking the pick after reading a bit, maybe Shanny can use him in dual TE sets.

squicken

Speed versus length, have to hold if these guys get by you, Al Davis was ahead of the game!

Rams drew 4 holding or illegal contact vs SEA in the finale, and about 3 others were never called. Givens just runs by Sherman, but they couldn't protect on lots of shot plays

Jordan Reed

Per Draft Monster:

Per CBS

Walter Football:

Liking the pick after reading a bit, maybe Shanny can use him in dual TE sets.

all sounds good. Granted we don't have a Gronk to complement him like the Pats do for Hernandez, but I'd rather him than a reach for a WR. I didn't really like any of the wideouts remaining.

squicken

I bet we will take another safety by the end of it. Get some depth. Hopefully have money to resign Mikell. Still if our first two picks pan out we can focus on safety with one of the first round picks next year. Solid draft. Two in a row.

Mikell=MacDonald. Fisher said he wants interchangable safeties but MacDonald and Mikell are downhill guys. Neither guy can cover or play single high

MechDX

MonsterHit_original.gif

mmmmmmm Swearinger is like a younger more mobile Pollard. LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom