• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what the Bills will do- take a safety like Philip Thomas or Shamarko Thomas, take an OL to make up for losing Levitre, or maybe another LB?

Or do the Bills end up taking Nassib eventually anyway? Haha

Josh Boyce

tumblr_mev0ccsBOO1r0ftodo1_500.gif

Sure whatever.

effzee

I am glad that Foles is gone now for sure but man this pick makes no fucking sense. Almost seems like they just wanted to spite Reid.

Good enough for me.

Chip's presser on right now:

Keeps hammering the point that he wants the best possible QB not just a QB who can. Says a QB should be able to run but first job is to throw. Not a running back who can throw.

All he wants is a QB who can run if there is an opening and need to take off but more importantly he gets right back up to run another play quick

Had him graded as a top 50 player in this draft. Love his make up and ability to handle the media, adversity, and again blew them away at the combine during the interviews.

I wonder if they would have picked Geno if he slid this far down.

Again another BPA pick.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ace Sanders was pretty good at USCe.

TCU guy....well, he's fast, and I've never heard of him, so it makes sense that BillB would pick him.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Barkley adds himself to the prestigious list of USC QBs in the NFL. Mark Sanchez. Matt Leinart. Matt Cassel. Carson Palmer. Rodney Peete. John David Booty. Matt Barkley!

Good enough for me.

Chip's presser on right now:

Keeps hammering the point that he wants the best possible QB not just a QB who can. Says a QB should be able to run but first job is to throw. Not a running back who can throw.

All he wants is a QB who can run if there is an opening and need to take off but more importantly he gets right back up to run another play quick

Had him graded as a top 50 player in this draft. Love his make up and ability to handle the media, adversity, and again blew them away at the combine during the interviews.

I wonder if they would have picked Geno if he slid this far down.

Again another BPA pick.

That all sounds great to me. I just worry about Barkley ever being anything in the NFL. It will be weird having Vick and then a backup that is so different then him. They will need to have 2 different offenses that they practice each week.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Duke Williams (Nevada) the Safety the Bills just took seems like he could be a hell of a player from the description and film on him. He should've "been at the Senior Bowl but was at the EastWest game instead" because he stock fell due to partying to much at Nevada probably.

He was going to be much higher but "character issues" brought him down the board. Screw the character issues if he can play football draft him. This is where you find diamonds in the rough.

I think if the Chiefs were targeting Barkley, they would've taken him at #96 instead of hoping he'd make it to #99, especially with the 12+ hours teams had to come up with trades to leapfrog them. A week or so ago I had heard they were interested in Matt Scott, so it makes sense. Or, Dorsey and Reid wanted Barkley and they're that incompetent.

As far as the Nico Johnson pick, I like it. I was hoping Bostic would fall to the 3rd, because I think he can play all 3 downs, but Johnson should fill the Belcher role nicely.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Duke Williams (Nevada) the Safety the Bills just took seems like he could be a hell of a player from the description and film on him. He should've "been at the Senior Bowl but was at the EastWest game instead" because he stock fell due to partying to much at Nevada probably.

He was going to be much higher but "character issues" brought him down the board. Screw the character issues if he can play football draft him. This is where you find diamonds in the rough.

image.php

Seems to be a trend with some of the Bills' picks like Williams and Alonso- guys that screwed up early in their college careers and got straightened out.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He's not wrong, as long as the ball gets there on time and accurately.

Getting the ball there on time has to do with arm strength so Chip is probably in denial. The job can get done with weak arm strength, but all the elite QBs in the league have great arm strength (Peyton included since he came into the league).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Seems to be a trend with some of the Bills' picks like Williams and Alonso- guys that screwed up early in their college careers and got straightened out.

A lot of these guys with character issues are just regular college kids who got arrested once or twice for public intoxication or getting into a fight. You have to watch out for the sociopaths like Tyrann Mathieu or Titus Young. The guys who are so self delusional they will never learn from their lessons and have been told how great they are there whole lives.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
How has Poyer not been picked yet? If he's there for GB's next pick they should take him, dude is a beast in the secondary.

Bowser

Panthers take another small school G after taking Amini Silatolu last year in the 2nd...meh. Would have preferred a skill position with the type of talent available.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think if the Chiefs were targeting Barkley, they would've taken him at #96 instead of hoping he'd make it to #99, especially with the 12+ hours teams had to come up with trades to leapfrog them. A week or so ago I had heard they were interested in Matt Scott, so it makes sense. Or, Dorsey and Reid wanted Barkley and they're that incompetent.

As far as the Nico Johnson pick, I like it. I was hoping Bostic would fall to the 3rd, because I think he can play all 3 downs, but Johnson should fill the Belcher role nicely.

he was a high 4 star/low 5 star in High School, but just got caught behind big time ILB's at Alabama (McClain, Hightower, CJ Mosley) But he quietly put together some nice numbers. He wasn't given many blitz opportunities, and he was off the field in nickel and dime situations (most of the time), so there's not alot of pass defense film on him

effzee

5 QBs:

Vick
Foles
Dixon
Kinne
Barkley

3 QBs who can take off and flat out run 2 who are much more of the prototypical pocket passers.

Open competition. Only 3 make it. Wouldn't shock me if Vick is released at the end of camp if the other guys out compete him. One year contract that only gets up to 7 million if he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom