• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

as a panther's fan for the entirety of their existence...i really hope we go with phillip thomas or shamarko thomas. we upgraded the middle of our d-line, great...but our secondary is terrible, especially with chris gamble gone now

effzee

wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf???

WTF?

Goddamnit Chip pick some defensive players already!

WTF?

This makes no sense. QB of the future? Does he sit there for a year?

Nick Foles has to be gone now.

Bowser

as a panther's fan for the entirety of their existence...i really hope we go with phillip thomas or shamarko thomas. we upgraded the middle of our d-line, great...but our secondary is terrible, especially with chris gamble gone now

Depending on the picks there is too much talent available to go with a marginal secondary player in Round 4: WRs Quinton Patton and Da'Rick Rogers, C/OG Barrett Jones. I'd only want to take a CB in round 4, either BW Webb or Jordan Poyer.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Kelly's certainly seen Barkley in person a bunch of times. I think Matt can pick up the offense without a problem, but he can not run the ball. Don't know if it's a significant step up from Foles.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
makes no sense for Kelly's style, unless Kelly's gonna do something entirely different than what he did at Oregon.

Maybe he just wants to torture the guy more, after years of beating on him at USC.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf???

WTF?

Goddamnit Chip pick some defensive players already!

WTF?

This makes no sense. QB of the future? Does he sit there for a year?

Nick Foles has to be gone now.

Calm down, we aren't in win now mode. Getting value is the important thing.

Kelly has said he doesn't need a running quarterback.

Darren Thomas only ran for like 200 yards and made the championshop game IIRC.

still...I joked to my dad that they would pick Barkley...

he is gonna be pissed lol.

Axis

Depending on the picks there is too much talent available to go with a marginal secondary player in Round 4: WRs Quinton Patton and Da'Rick Rogers, C/OG Barrett Jones. I'd only want to take a CB in round 4, either BW Webb or Jordan Poyer.

i like barrett but i'm not sold on having to take a receiver here at all. best case scenario was cyprien falling to us in the 2nd round but that obviously didn't happen, unfortunately...i think phillip or shamarko would be an upgrade to nakamura(lol) and potentially godfrey. don't underestimate the signings of florence and moore for our cb corps, either. i've always liked drayton and i've watched a lot of dj moore since he's from my town; i think they'll both be good here. we're just lacking a #1, munnerlyn isn't fit for anything other than nickel

Colasante

So Reid was already setting up to Kaepernick Alex again, but with Barkley

Still plenty of time left for Smith to get Kaepernick'd again. Matt Scott is a prime candidate. He might even trigger some PTSD for Smith in training camp if they start running read option.

effzee

Kelly's certainly seen Barkley in person a bunch of times. I think Matt can pick up the offense without a problem, but he can not run the ball. Don't know if it's a significant step up from Foles.

Chip has repeatedly said the scheme will fit the players not the other way around.

If they believe Barkley can be developed into a good QB the scheme will fit his skill set. You don't have to be able to run to play in this offense. Not comparing the two, but the Pats and Brady employ a lot of Chip's concepts and make it work.

makes no sense for Kelly's style, unless Kelly's gonna do something entirely different than what he did at Oregon.

Maybe he just wants to torture the guy more, after years of beating on him at USC.

Chip talking now. Says going to camp with 5 guys isn't crazy and obviously 2 of those guys will be cut before opening week.

Says Matt Barkley blew them away at the combine with the interviews. Can't believe he fell this far and they had to take him. View him as someone who can really excel. If he is the guy the scheme will fit him.

Keep in mind his QB at New Hampshire didn't run. Hopeful that whoever starts the scheme will fit that guy.

Warming up to the pick. Great value in the fourth round especially if he can turn it into a good career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom