• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
159414233.0_standard_352.0.jpg

You're damn right you better redo that interior o line.
Last year was bad. Even Matthews kid played center and he got hurt

Godslay

Banned
Getting the ball there on time has to do with arm strength so Chip is probably in denial. The job can get done with weak arm strength, but all the elite QBs in the league have great arm strength (Peyton included since he came into the league).

Sure, but you don't need elite arm talent to get the ball down the field accurately, and on time. Being able to sling it is always a plus, but it seems like those that can sling it rely on the arm too much at times and gamble. You see it will all the guys that have it. Elway to a degree, Brent, Stafford, Cutler, I'm sure there are more if you look into. I'd take a QB with better anticipation, and a weaker arm than a guy trying to shove the ball into a mailbox 35 yards down the field.

BigAT

I don't have so much of an issue taking a QB late to develop, but trading up to do so makes me upset. They already have a solid backup in Carr and Eli is an iron man.

Wes

venison crêpe
I don't have so much of an issue taking a QB late to develop, but trading up to do so makes me upset.

They must've thought the Browns were taking him. Leapt over the Browns to take him, Browns trade down immediately as a result.

effzee

Eagles trading up to take Barkley.

Giants trading up to take Nassib.

Jets drafting Geno Smith.

Bills drafting EJ Manuel

Don't think anyone saw those moves coming at all.

I am at work and I can't focus. Keep watching and listening to draft coverage.

Can't wait till training camp now. Most interesting season in recent Eagles history.

I don't have so much of an issue taking a QB late to develop, but trading up to do so makes me upset. They already have a solid backup in Carr and Eli is an iron man.
Meh, 4th on its all developmental and it looks like the Browns wanted him. Carr won't be in NY next year either.

Wes

venison crêpe
@TonyGrossi 51s

#Browns trade w/ #Steelers is first between the rivals since Browns traded for Bill Nelsen in 1968.

Bills drafting EJ Manuel

Can't wait till training camp now. Most interesting season in recent Eagles history.

You gonna go now that it is in Philly?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Bills drafting EJ Manuel

Geno to the jets was pretty obvious to me, atleaat. Maybe not in the second round, but still. Its the biggest possible side show for a franchise that lives for side shows.

Wes

venison crêpe
@AdamSchefter 50s
To get the 111th pick and S Shamarko Thomas, the Steelers traded their 2014 third-rd pick to Cleveland. Steelers love Thomas.

Future Picks!

UberTag

Carr? David Carr? The same David Carr that regularly made an embarrassment of himself starting for the Houston Texans over half a decade ago? THAT'S what you're calling a solid backup? Really?

Colasante

Really like the Nassib pick. Look at it like Cousins or Mallett- he can be a high end backup, and potential trade bait if he plays well. No downside at all, especially not in the 4th.

Also like Tyler Wilson for the Raiders in the 4th. Can take over for Flynn if he beats him out in training camp, and also late enough that it doesn't preclude them from taking a QB early next year if they feel it's necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom