• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
I've been going back over some of Te'o's games from this past year. I know I'll get grief for it, but the dude is not terrible. He's very intuitive, and quick to discern how the play is going to break. He is a bit slow, but pretty damn good in coverage. Besides the hoax/religion/circus crap, I think he's a decent player. Maybe not worthy of a first, but for a team hungry for an lb he might get snapped up.

squicken

Well LMJ was a 2nd and didn't do shit until later in the year. Maybe pead needs more time. I don't think LMJ could've stepped in on day 1

Pead has an attitude issue. Like Jenkins from what I understand. Just don't want to work and think it should be handed to them. Could turn it around. Still very young. But of all the positions, RB should be where it's easy to come in year one

edit: Teo is a fine 4-3 MLB. But he probably can't play on third downs, so it's tough to take him too high.

I've been going back over some of Te'o's games from this past year. I know I'll get grief for it, but the dude is not terrible. He's very intuitive, and quick to discern how the play is going to break. He is a bit slow, but pretty damn good in coverage. Besides the hoax/religion/circus crap, I think he's a decent player. Maybe not worthy of a first, but for a team hungry for an lb he might get snapped up.

Most people know he isnt terrible he is an average athlete with excellent football IQ. Hell before the whole drama scene came into being I was really hoping the Vikings would get a shot at him.

As for the Alabama game, everybody has bad games. He was just unfortunate enough to have it happen when everyone was watching. In addition, when a linebacker looks bad its almost always because everyone else is fucking up too, especially the Dline.

Newest ESPN mock - Mcshay
28. DEN - Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame
Mcshay has spoken.

The lol-worthy amount of money he's asking for obviously. $6 million a year for coming off a pedestrian season?

Freeney wants 6 million a year

damn you wienke /shakesfist
Freeney wants too much money, and doesn't want to go to camp. Looks like we are going to ride it out with Ayers, Beal, and a rookie unless Freeney comes back to reality. I'd be fine with that combination, I think Ayers could come close to Dumervil's production.
Oh I wasn't aware he was asking for that much. Well screw him.

cajunator

Banned
Saints are remarkably active in free agency considering how close to the cap they are. the defensive scouting team leaves much to be desired, but Loomis is certainly one of the best GM's in the league in terms of getting players signed and dealt and managing the cap.

Godslay

Banned
Mcshay has spoken.

I saw that earlier today on another board! McShay is hit or miss. He was dead on with Osweiler last year.

Godslay is just trying to talk himself into it :p

I'd be fine with Teo playing for Denver. It's a definite position of need with Brooking not coming back, Mays sucks, and only Steven Johnson remains. I trust Del Rio and Elway to bring the goods, and if Teo is it, then so be it. I personally don't think it will happen because Elway won't want another Tebow type polarizing player on the squad. Could be wrong though.

Edit: Even if he doesn't land in Denver, I still think he's a decent LB.

squicken

Stop watching ESPN, bros. Path to the Draft on NFLN. Every day at 6 EDT. Kind of silly when they have Tannenbaum on, but usually good stuff

cdyhybrid

NFLN is by far the best league network.

Disclaimer: I don't watch NBATV because my team doesn't exist and I don't watch MLB Network because the Mariners can eat a bag of dicks.

RBH

tempCH5C7939--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

NFLN is by far the best league network.

Disclaimer: I don't watch NBATV because my team doesn't exist and I don't watch MLB Network because the Mariners can eat a bag of dicks.

this kind of sounds like a rap song. lets do it together

UGH YEA DON'T WATCH NO NBATV CUZ MY TEAM DON'T EXIST!
DON'T WATCH MLB NETWORK CUZ THE MARINERS CAN EATABAGADICKS!

we should work on the syllables in the first line so it rhymes better though. we'll talk about it later

cdyhybrid

this kind of sounds like a rap song. lets do it together

UGH YEA DON'T WATCH NO NBATV CUZ MY TEAM DON'T EXIST!
DON'T WATCH MLB NETWORK CUZ THE MARINERS CAN EATABAGADICKS!

we should work on the syllables in the first line so it rhymes better though. we'll talk about it later

I didn't even realize that rhymed when I typed it. I'm a secret lyrical genius. Macklemore must be rubbing off on me by being in the same city.

squicken

http://prod.images.falcons.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/FALCONS/assets/images/imported/ATL/photos/clubimages/2013/03-March/tempCH5C7939--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720[/ig][/QUOTE]

Was he really 10 minutes late?

Also, I'm super pumped about that Astros-Mariners Rivalry

cdyhybrid

Was he really 10 minutes late?

Also, I'm super pumped about that Astros-Mariners Rivalry

We can be basement dwellers together. Fuck the Mariners though. They deserve the empty seats and lost money for trying to block the Sonics from coming back. It's a shame because everyone from the GM down is pretty likable. The guys running the show are just terrible for the city and for the franchise. If they really want to increase revenue, don't try to block competition - improve your product.

squicken

We can be basement dwellers together. Fuck the Mariners though. They deserve the empty seats and lost money for trying to block the Sonics from coming back. It's a shame because everyone from the GM down is pretty likable. The guys running the show are just terrible for the city and for the franchise. If they really want to increase revenue, don't try to block competition - improve your product.

Are the Kings going to be re-named if they move to SEA? That's BS!

cdyhybrid

Are the Kings going to be re-named if they move to SEA? That's BS!

They are. They'd be stupid not to name them the Sonics, that name still means a lot to the city. Wouldn't be surprised (and would prefer) if they let the Kings name and history stay in Sacramento though. People just want a team here, they don't care which one it is.

eznark

Banned
How pissed will Eznark be when Rodgers signs for 140 million?

Why would I be pissed? They should give him a blank check. Big NFL contracts are only bad if you are unwilling to cut a guy in his last year or two when the big roster bonuses hit. We rode Favre out of town, Fraudgers will get the same when his useful life is depleted. Then we'll stick another bum in there to ride the green and gold into the hall of fame.

bionic77

Why would I be pissed? They should give him a blank check. Big NFL contracts are only bad if you are unwilling to cut a guy in his last year or two when the big roster bonuses hit. We rode Favre out of town, Fraudgers will get the same when his useful life is depleted. Then we'll stick another bum in there to ride the green and gold into the hall of fame.
Fraudgers will play out this contract unless something goes horribly wrong.

He is getting paid. And he will probably get one more deal.

cajunator

Banned
Saints might get Tracy Porter back. thats kind of interesting. I wouldnt mind it. although hes a bit fragile. But he would be coming home again. He is quite the hero around here after all.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just hope they like what they see in Jordan. Otherwise we could see TE in Round 1 when we have other more pressing holes.

Dee Milliner seems like our guy if he drops to us.

I definitely prefer for us to make our defense as strong as possible before really tackling the offense.

bionic77

I didn't get to play Bioshock tonight.

I am sad.

Time for sleepy time.
Cry me a river.

I have not been able to play Fire Emblem nearly as much as I want to. I am near the end of the game and I am delaying finishing it and trying to recruit and level up as many kids as I can. Getting two characters support level up to sex level can be boring because I don't give a fuck about a lot of these characters, but usually their kids become super powerful so it is usually worth it.

I am glad I did not just splooge on my stat increasing items early on. I still have no clue who to use them on, but it will probably be on mostly the kids to make them even godlier.

Luigi sounds like a lot of fun, but I need sleep and I will probably stop gaming for awhile until the next must play (for me) comes out or I get the itch again.

KingGondo

Banned
Dee Milliner seems like our guy if he drops to us.

I definitely prefer for us to make our defense as strong as possible before really tackling the offense.
If we get Milliner I'd consider the offseason a pretty solid success. What's McShay's latest mock say? Are the Eagles not taking Milliner any more?

Dragon

Banned
Somehow I managed to kill my 3DSXL screen. It has a crack in the corner of it after being in my bag all night. No idea how that happened. Fucking pissed.

bionic77

Somehow I managed to kill my 3DSXL screen. It has a crack in the corner of it after being in my bag all night. No idea how that happened. Fucking pissed.
Didn't you just buy it like this week?

That sucks. Hopefully you can return it or Nintendo will hook you up. Their customer service is pretty awesome if you get the right person on the phone and you know how to talk to them.

I think I might honestly rather trade down and take Rhodes or Trufant instead of Millner.
Also I think theirs a good chance we could take tyrann in the 3rd, double dip and get a guy to play the nickel.

effzee

Wait why are the Mariners trying to block the Kings from moving to Seattle?

I hope Seattle gets the team. The new place they designed looks amazing.

KingGondo

Banned
I think I might honestly rather trade down and take Rhodes or Trufant instead of Millner.
Also I think theirs a good chance we could take tyrann in the 3rd, double dip and get a guy to play the nickel.
I'd love to get Mathieu. We need playmakers in the secondary, period.

Do that and take say, Kenny Stills in the 5th to boost the passing game and I'm happy. Even if he is a dirty Sooner.

I'd love to get Mathieu. We need playmakers in the secondary, period.

Do that and take say, Kenny Stills in the 5th to boost the passing game and I'm happy. Even if he is a dirty Sooner.
You're in luck! We have private workouts with both Tyrann and Stills!
Also batman, more pressing need then TE you savage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom