• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

avi bet for all of offseason to either the chargers or browns that have the better record to any of browns gaf

duh it's like you and schoob

Schaubear.gif

Dems fightin words!

bionic77

I like Browns-GAF. For!
Who the hell doesn't like Browns GAF?

They are our loveable losers. Only a vile asshole would hate them BEFORE they have any success. Now if and when they win the division and start to beat the Steelers, well then all bets are off. But for now and the foreseeable future I also like them.

I very much prefer Browns-GAF. Their overzealous enthusiasm reminded me of myself after the Packers shitcanned Ray Rhodes. Things could only get better from there.

bionic77

I very much prefer Browns-GAF. Their overzealous enthusiasm reminded me of myself after the Packers shitcanned Ray Rhodes. Things could only get better from there.
:lol

That might be true for the Packers, but not so sure it applies to the Browns!

I have been thinking they would eventually get better for the past decade, but somehow they never do. God just is not a Cleveland Browns fan. Maybe if they change their names they might become great. It worked for the Ravens!

Milchjon

Man, GAF hits a new record of stupid every day. I've now seen people advocating the death of actual living newborns.

I wish I knew how to quit ya.

bionic77

Man, GAF hits a new record of stupid every day. I've now seen people advocating the death of actual living newborns.

Remember that a large portion of the people that post here are children or retards (and lets not forget Patriot fans).

There are still some smart and good people here, but the stupid can get annoying.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 47s
Sounds like Matt Flynn heading to Oakland via trade, and Carson Palmer will be on his way out (possibly to AZ). trying to nail down details

HoFlynn to the Raiders?

effzee

Remember that a large portion of the people that post here are children or retards (and lets not forget Patriot fans).

There are still some smart and good people here, but the stupid can get annoying.

Pretty much. I love going to the OT forums for movie news and stuff but the social commentary and threads similar are full of people who seem to know very little yet talk like they have lived through it all.

Poor Raiders fans. I was hoping McKenzie would be different. Hopefully they didn't trade more than a 6th for Flynn.

How would this be a bad move for the Raiders? At worse the same as Palmer with tons more potential plus I am sure they will restructure his deal to make it fit.

Colasante

How would this be a bad move for the Raiders? At worse the same as Palmer with tons more potential plus I am sure they will restructure his deal to make it fit.

It depends on what they gave up for him. Flynn will not be the franchise quarterback of the Raiders moving into the next few years. He simply won't. The Raiders are a terribly untalented team on offense and defense, and going from Palmer to Flynn is a lateral move, with perhaps a slight uptick due to Flynn being younger. But after trading a 1st and 2nd for Palmer, if they trade a 3rd for Flynn, that would be horrible, and they'd probably still need to draft a QB early next year. If it's a 6th or 7th for Flynn, and the trade allows them to cut Palmer's atrocious salary, then it might be a good move. It all depends on the compensation for Flynn.

Ænima;51961668 said:
This sounds like much ado about nothing. The Cowboys will extend him, then we will get to witness his hilariously pathetic late season meltdowns for years to come.

Romo is gonna be 33, how many years does he even have left to fail? If Dallas gives him any real money beyond year 2 they are fucking nuts.

WedgeX

Banned

There are some crazy people in that thread. Including the OP who failed with listening comprehension.

I'm not too crazy about the Flynn trade. Hoping we're aren't giving up too much for him. Really don't want to give up any future picks.

Unless he restructures, we only save about 1 mil towards the cap-

Palmer 9 mill dead money
Flynn 5.25 mil base salary

edit: lol never knew Flynn was Jamarcus Russell's backup at LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom