• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

lol like she a fan, bet she never watched 1 minute of giants game before the super bowl and probably missed 98% of the game as she was getting triple penetrated

HUsUa.jpg

Milchjon

Wanted to start Bioshock Infinite for a second time, just play a few minutes. Couldn't stop for another two hours.

I think I like it even better this time around, since I started experimenting with the vigors a bit more.

Seriously guys, play this game.

God it's annoying when the 'pro' mock drafters just plug a guy in because of the position he plays. We are not taking the third best LT at the 7th pick ffs. Lazy as fuck.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Looks like I'll make it through the night without getting worried for mastershake.

What's the over/under on qb's taken in the first round? I put it at 2.5

jakncoke

Banned
Looks like I'll make it through the night without getting worried for mastershake.

What's the over/under on qb's taken in the first round? I put it at 2.5

With how small contracts are, I would be shocked if we see many drafts with under 3 or 4 from now on

cards will take geno. arians probably thinks he's responsible for andrew luck and feels he can succeed with any qb. sadly for the cards, arians isn't jim harbaugh :(

bionic77

cards will take geno. arians probably thinks he's responsible for andrew luck and feels he can succeed with any qb. sadly for the cards, arians isn't jim harbaugh :(
I feel bad for the Cards and their qb's.

It is going to be a long year for both. The West is now a pretty good division with the Hawks and Niners.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bracket completely busted. I am only looking forward to good games and hoping everyone else's brackets bust beautifully.

squicken

CLE is going to be really set up well I think. Fischer and Joeckel will come off the board early, and there are teams desperate for a LT. Squall, you'll be lucky if Johnson is even there at 7. As much as DET needs CBs they need a tackle more

CLE is going to be really set up well I think. Fischer and Joeckel will come off the board early, and there are teams desperate for a LT. Squall, you'll be lucky if Johnson is even there at 7. As much as DET needs CBs they need a tackle more

Mayhew won't reach for Johnson. Picks 2-5 are such a clusterfuck, its impossible to say what happens. I just know my tears will be warm and angry when Detroit picks Anash

Michael Crabtree today described a divided locker room after Colin Kaepernick supplanted Alex Smith at quarterback as well as the bizarre sight of seeing Smith, the longtime starter for the 49ers, suddenly relegated to backup duty at practice.

"I hate to talk about it. But you have the starting quarterback and a couple of weeks later, he's the starting scout-team quarterback," the 49ers receiver said on the Rich Eisen podcast (which is well worth a listen). "And he's taking all the snaps with the scout team. It was kind of crazy to see."

Smith and Crabtree have had an uneasy relationship. In 2010 Crabtree intimated that he preferred Troy Smith's go-for-broke approach to Alex Smith's more conservative one. He also seemed to resent the fact that he broke his foot before the 2011 season while taking part in an lockout practice organized by Alex Smith. Earlier this week, Crabtree said on NFL Network that Kaepernick "trusted me more" than Smith, which is why his statistics were better later in the season.

Crabtree said the team's locker room was initially in turmoil after Jim Harbaugh tapped Kaepernick to start in New Orleans Nov. 25 over Smith, who had recovered from the concussion that gave Kaepernick his first start a week earlier.

"You had guys on Alex Smith's side, guys on Colin Kaepernick's side," Crabtree said. "I was on the winning side ... You can't beat the guy who was hot. Kap was hot. As soon as he came in, even though we lost that game - I think it was a tie, that game - he came in and it just went up from there. We were scoring that many more touchdowns. We were just going every drive it seemed like. ...We had like a triple threat with Kap's feet, the passing game and the running game."

Crabtree said the locker room division went away when Kaepernick showed what he could do on the field. "I think Kap kind of won everybody over by winning," he said. "Everybody loves a winner, you know. ... First it was up in the air, then you find out who's your quarterback. And you've got to ride with him because he's your quarterback. I don't know, man. Like I said, it was crazy in the locker room for a little bit.

Crabtree also refused to say anything bad about Smith, who was traded to Kansas City earlier this month. "Like I said, Alex Smith is a good guy," the 49ers wide receiver said. "He's been through a lot being a San Francisco 49er through all the boos and in the last year, the year before that he's been through so much. I wish him success with the Chiefs, man."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archi...-divided-49ers-locker-room.html#storylink=cpy

"Kind of won everybody over by winning" - Michael Crabtree, 2013

Godslay

Banned

Pretty much what they were just saying on NFL Network. Said if they weren't in love with Millner, then they could trade back with someone like SD.

I thought it was interesting that they had Austin going to the Saints. I also saw that SF met with Austin. Could they trade up to get him? Would be a pretty big leap.

Pretty much what they were just saying on NFL Network. Said if they weren't in love with Millner, then they could trade back with someone like SD.

I thought it was interesting that they had Austin going to the Saints. I also saw that SF met with Austin. Could they trade up to get him? Would be a pretty big leap.

if harbs likes him we will get him. we have a 1st, two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths, two 5th, a 6th and four 7ths. i just can't see us giving up that much (not sure what the value chart says but it wouldn't be cheap) to get into the mid teens and get him. especially when we picked AJ jenkins last year. i know he was trash but i feel like you have to give a WR 3 years and then cut your losses if he sucks complete balls

squicken

My nightmare is SEA with Harvin and SF with Austin. SF can absolutely move up and get him if they want. Can move up and get anyone, really, with all those picks. Kind of depends how they like Jenkins, but they could go after Patterson as well. Really sucks for the Rams. Chasing those two teams they need them to make mistakes, and they both are set up so well to actually widen the gap

edit: Godslay to me, Austin is a luxury pick that NO can't make. Too many needs on defense and OL. SF is the team b/c they have more picks than could ever make the team. They also will try and convert those to 2015 picks as well

cdyhybrid

My nightmare is SEA with Harvin and SF with Austin. SF can absolutely move up and get him if they want. Can move up and get anyone, really, with all those picks. Kind of depends how they like Jenkins, but they could go after Patterson as well. Really sucks for the Rams. Chasing those two teams they need them to make mistakes, and they both are set up so well to actually widen the gap

St. Louis will be the Toronto Blue Jays of the NFC West, at least until age catches up with SF. We could just monopolize both wild card spots, though!

squicken

St. Louis will be the Toronto Blue Jays of the NFC West, at least until age catches up with SF. We could just monopolize both wild card spots, though!

STL had 4 picks in the first two rounds last year, 3 this year, 3 next year. That should let them catch up even if they all nail their picks. Problem is the Rams may have totally whiffed on the two offensive picks last year in the second round

Godslay

Banned
if harbs likes him we will get him. we have a 1st, two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths, two 5th, a 6th and four 7ths. i just can't see us giving up that much (not sure what the value chart says but it wouldn't be cheap) to get into the mid teens and get him. especially when we picked AJ jenkins last year. i know he was trash but i feel like you have to give a WR 3 years and then cut your losses if he sucks complete balls

It would be a strong move, I would applaud Harbaugh if he did it.

edit: Godslay to me, Austin is a luxury pick that NO can't make. Too many needs on defense and OL. SF is the team b/c they have more picks than could ever make the team. They also will try and convert those to 2015 picks as well

Yeah, I was surprised as well. It would make sense in as far as it gives Payton & Brees a weapon that supercharges that offense.

STL had 4 picks in the first two rounds last year, 3 this year, 3 next year. That should let them catch up even if they all nail their picks. Problem is the Rams may have totally whiffed on the two offensive picks last year in the second round

who were their 2 picks on offense? i thought you only selected brian quick and jenkins?

squicken

who were their 2 picks on offense? i thought you only selected brian quick and jenkins?

Isiah Pead at the end of round two. Had like 10 carries all year. Came in with a big sense of entitlement, didn't work hard, can't pass protect, and likes to dance in the hole and break everything outside. They think they have gotten through to him but I bet they draft a back pretty high

Isiah Pead at the end of round two. Had like 10 carries all year. Came in with a big sense of entitlement, didn't work hard, can't pass protect, and likes to dance in the hole and break everything outside. They think they have gotten through to him but I bet they draft a back pretty high

Wtf he was a 2nd rounder? I thought he was a 6th or 7th. Only saw the rams twice but I swear I thought they said that

squicken

Wtf he was a 2nd rounder? I thought he was a 6th or 7th. Only saw the rams twice but I swear I thought they said that

You are thinking of Daryl Richardson. He's the little RB who had the long run against you guys. He was a 7th round pick. Pead was taken 50th overall. The Rams had Washington's 1st and 2nd last year. The traded down again with Dallas when JAX jumped them to get Blackmon, so ended up with Brockers in the first, then Quick, Jenkins, and Pead in the 2nd

Pead

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeadIs00.htm

Quick

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Q/QuicBr00.htm

Basically nothing out of those two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom