• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think I might honestly rather trade down and take Rhodes or Trufant instead of Millner.
Also I think theirs a good chance we could take tyrann in the 3rd, double dip and get a guy to play the nickel.

If Millner is there at 6 I take em. If he's gone yeah I'm with you unless they are really in love with one of those pass rushers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...e-free-agent-in-14-if-dallas-cowboys-dont-act

Tony Romo could be free agent in '14 if Dallas Cowboys don't act

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys are working toward a contract extension with quarterback Tony Romo, and there now is reason for urgency.

Based on a thorough reading of Romo's contract, the Cowboys cannot issue him the franchise tag if no deal is reached by the end of the 2013 league year. Therefore, he'd be a free agent if there is no new contract -- giving Romo added leverage.

Here's why Romo would become a free agent: He technically has three years left on his current contract. Based on paragraphs 27 and 28 of the deal, however, the final two years of Romo's contract void with no action necessary from either party if he's on the Cowboys' roster by the end of the 2013 league year. So, if Romo still is on the roster at that time, he's a free agent.

That's when a team usually would issue the franchise tag.

Yet all of that occurs after the franchise-tag window has closed. So the Cowboys could not use their tag on Romo.

If the void happened during the franchise-tag window, Romo could be tagged. But it won't, so he can't. Not that the Cowboys won't try if it comes to that, but sources believe it won't work.

Romo as a free agent? It will happen if no deal is done. That's one reason the Cowboys want it done sooner rather than later. In addition, they are holding off on other business until they get Romo's finished.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Now check this out ... B/c of restructurings, $24,999,835 of the $67.4M on Romo's 6-year deal still hasn't been accounted for on Dallas' cap

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
That means a) if the Cowboys could tag Romo in '14, his number would be $30M; and b) those cap dollars must be worked with on a new deal.

well then.

Dragon

Banned
Didn't you just buy it like this week?

That sucks. Hopefully you can return it or Nintendo will hook you up. Their customer service is pretty awesome if you get the right person on the phone and you know how to talk to them.

Had it for like a month. Played mostly DS games (999, Radiant Historia) and then started on Fire Emblem. And I have a flight tonight too dammit!

Well at least I have the Patriots!

bionic77

Had it for like a month. Played mostly DS games (999, Radiant Historia) and then started on Fire Emblem. And I have a flight tonight too dammit!

Well at least I have the Patriots!
Speaking of the Pats, maybe the 3DS killed itself because you were looking at too many shirtless pictures of Gronk and Tammy?

Draxal

Somehow I managed to kill my 3DSXL screen. It has a crack in the corner of it after being in my bag all night. No idea how that happened. Fucking pissed.

Damn, that blows. Maybe try to hit up Nintendo World since you are in NYC.

Cry me a river.

I have not been able to play Fire Emblem nearly as much as I want to. I am near the end of the game and I am delaying finishing it and trying to recruit and level up as many kids as I can. Getting two characters support level up to sex level can be boring because I don't give a fuck about a lot of these characters, but usually their kids become super powerful so it is usually worth it.

I am glad I did not just splooge on my stat increasing items early on. I still have no clue who to use them on, but it will probably be on mostly the kids to make them even godlier.

Luigi sounds like a lot of fun, but I need sleep and I will probably stop gaming for awhile until the next must play (for me) comes out or I get the itch again.

Newest dlc came out yesterday, and it came with a lyn from the first american fire emblem game, it was such a nostalgia blast.

Wes

venison crêpe
Particularly liked this video from Path to the Draft regarding which teams, what positions and what picks are likely to see some trades going around.

They all mention the Chargers and Dolphins trading up for the Browns pick at 6 to take an OT before the Cardinals take one at 7, depending upon if Milliner is still there and if we like him enough or not.

To me it seems to revolve around if three OTs (OT to the Chiefs seems a lock. Fisher and Jordon being the other two)

If Geno is taken in the Top 4 then the Lions have more options and thus mroe likely an OT is there around 6. Likewise the Eagles have the opportunity of drafting Fisher.

bionic77

Damn, that blows. Maybe try to hit up Nintendo World since you are in NYC.

Newest dlc came out yesterday, and it came with a lyn from the first american fire emblem game, it was such a nostalgia blast.
Hector was the beast from that game if I remember correctly. Him and some Pegasus. They were both pretty much invincible.

Thanks for the tip. I might end up being a DLC whore and spend as much on the DLC as the actual game...

Draxal

Hector was the beast from that game if I remember correctly. Him and some Pegasus. They were both pretty much invincible.

Thanks for the tip. I might end up being a DLC whore and spend as much on the DLC as the actual game...

Lyn and Hector were both very good, Hector was the Knight/General boss killer as they always used lances and he had an axe that was strong against them.

The dlc for this game is honestly not worth the money, most of it's nostalgic fan twinking (giving you variatons of older fire emblem main charactes that you can already get from spotpass), with only some added skills/classes to make it worthwhile. The only dlc that's really worth is the Golden pass as pretty much a fast forward button/cheat code.

cdyhybrid

Wait why are the Mariners trying to block the Kings from moving to Seattle?

I hope Seattle gets the team. The new place they designed looks amazing.

Because there are 20k empty seats at Safeco everyday unless Felix is pitching or the Yankees/Red Sox/whatever lifelong team is in town.

Particularly liked this video from Path to the Draft regarding which teams, what positions and what picks are likely to see some trades going around.

They all mention the Chargers and Dolphins trading up for the Browns pick at 6 to take an OT before the Cardinals take one at 7, depending upon if Milliner is still there and if we like him enough or not.

To me it seems to revolve around if three OTs (OT to the Chiefs seems a lock. Fisher and Jordon being the other two)

If Geno is taken in the Top 4 then the Lions have more options and thus mroe likely an OT is there around 6. Likewise the Eagles have the opportunity of drafting Fisher.

I love the trade down option. Lets get that Flash Gordon pick back.

effzee

Rumor is that the schedule will be released April 16th.

Of the possible Eagles openers what could be bigger than KC @ Philly week 1?

Especially since the Eagles won't be good so a match up down the season won't be as hyped. Of course if it is later in the season and somehow both the Eagles and Chefs are competitive than that would be even bigger.

I want the fat man week 1 though in Philly!

MechDX

I hope and pray we don't get a lot of prime time games but we will....

Ravens, Broncos, Pats, Niners and Seahawks would be my guess

Rumor is that the schedule will be released April 16th.

Of the possible Eagles openers what could be bigger than KC @ Philly week 1?

Especially since the Eagles won't be good so a match up down the season won't be as hyped. Of course if it is later in the season and somehow both the Eagles and Chefs are competitive than that would be even bigger.

I want the fat man week 1 though in Philly!

Gotta have dem Week 1 storylines. Don't think the schedule makers don't know that! I'd love to see it too.
on RedZone.

Wes

venison crêpe
I love the trade down option. Lets get that Flash Gordon pick back.

Also 11 and 12 would be nice spots as they would be good values spots to pick up Rhodes, Warmack, Austin or Vaccaro and the second roudner could be used on someone like TE like Ertz or the safety Cyprien.

effzee

I hope and pray we don't get a lot of prime time games but we will....

Ravens, Broncos, Pats, Niners and Seahawks would be my guess

Eagles going to see a huge reduction in prime time games.

Gotta have dem Week 1 storylines. Don't think the schedule makers don't know that! I'd love to see it too.
on RedZone.

Well other than the game against KC the only big week 1 matchups for the Eagles, or most teams, are in division games.

Would love Eagles v Chefs, Giants, Cowboys, or Redskins.

Striker

Giants will hopefully start against a division rival. I don't think they plan Broncos vs. Giants until later in prime-time.

Also, is Oakland cutting Carson Palmer? Can't imagine anybody will want to give anything away for him.

cdyhybrid

Never heard of DraftSite.com, but they have a 2014 mock draft up. They have Washington DE Josh Shirley going in the late first to Houston. First time I've heard of anything of the sort in regards to him. I could see him being a Dion Jordan type, DE in college that switches to OLB.

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

They seem to be using the same draft order as the current one though, which isn't very helpful.

Fox318

DUSI7Fn.png

bionic77

Lyn and Hector were both very good, Hector was the Knight/General boss killer as they always used lances and he had an axe that was strong against them.

The dlc for this game is honestly not worth the money, most of it's nostalgic fan twinking (giving you variatons of older fire emblem main charactes that you can already get from spotpass), with only some added skills/classes to make it worthwhile. The only dlc that's really worth is the Golden pass as pretty much a fast forward button/cheat code.
Somehow I don't remember Lyn that well. Need to replay it. I just remember Hector being unstoppable once he got to a high level and the Pegasus Knight being unbeatable (no one could hit her) unless an archer got to her.

I am ok with the DLC even just being some lame maps and sidequests. Anything to prolong it because it will be a long ass time before we get another.

The weapon system seemed to matter in the older games. It doesn't really matter as much in this game. The strong guys with swords can still mow down high level people with lances. The only other minor complaint I have with this game is I wish it had some larger maps. Too many of the maps are so enclosed with just a lot of strong enemies in a small space. I miss those giant ass maps that take awhile just to get to the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom