• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

The Pats could run an all Rutgers secondary with Juice Jones and Logan Ryan as the corners, and McCourty/Harmon running the safeties. Check has to do this in a preseason game; are they playing the Giants in the preseason this year?

BigAT

The Pats could run an all Rutgers secondary with Juice Jones and Logan Ryan as the corners, and McCourty/Harmon running the safeties. Check has to do this in a preseason game; are they playing the Giants in the preseason this year?

Yep, final game of the preseason. Make it happen Bill!

bionic77

Browns GAF what is going to happen if the North comes down to the last game of the season between the Steelers and Browns IN PITTSBURGH?

Are we still going to be friends after the game? What is we benefit from a shitty call or Ben wins it late on a fluke play?

edit: WTF? The fucking NFL is sending us to England? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT!

red13th

a4D0UFz.png

harSon

Banned
I love the way Tebow was treated by the Jets. Makes my balls ruffle. It's pretty clear at this point that Rex Ryan one of the biggest Tebow haters in the league, and took it upon himself to fuck with the guy as much as he could.

bionic77

I love the way Tebow was treated by the Jets. Makes my balls ruffle. It's pretty clear at this point that Rex Ryan one of the biggest Tebow haters in the league, and took it upon himself to fuck with the guy as much as he could.
Fuck you.

I am blaming you for this shitty season when it happens!

In January when you are sitting alone in the bathtub wondering how we lost the division to the Browns, remember this moment and that it was all you fault.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I still maintain that, as fucking miserable as Mark Sanchez is, he's still a much better quarterback than Tim Tebow.

The only way the Jets mishandled Tebow was by picking him up in the first place.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I still maintain that, as fucking miserable as Mark Sanchez is, he's still a much better quarterback than Tim Tebow.

The only way the Jets mishandled Tebow was by picking him up in the first place.

holy fuck. lmao.

mark sanchez is not better than any qb in the nfl. that includes tebow.

Elway should pick him up for maximum lulz.

yeah maybe they could play him in the playoffs instead of watching peyton choke again.

cajunator

Banned
Couldnt Tebow be converted into a fullback or tight end?
He is a really athletic kid and can run and bulldoze people. He can be quite useful.

Slo

I think it's weird that PFT is reporting on teams that don't want Tebow. Isn't it assumed that you aren't interested until there's a rumor that you are?

It's like if I got fired from my job and businesses in my town started putting out press releases saying "NOT IT".

MechDX

holy fuck. lmao.

mark sanchez is not better than any qb in the nfl. that includes tebow.

schaub-bertstare-o.gif

At first I felt Tebow stunk but I would be intrigued to see what Kubiak could do with him. We signed Tebow Jr as an UDFA anyway

Couldnt Tebow be converted into a fullback or tight end?
He is a really athletic kid and can run and bulldoze people. He can be quite useful.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
Jets had granted Tim Tebow permission this off-season to seek a trade. More than one team asked if were willing to play TE, but he was not.

Tebow fans are a sad bunch. He was given the choice. He rightly figured mark would shit the Bed and get benched but he forgot that almost noone in the nfl thinks he's any good.

He's as much to blame. He should take boomers advice and go to the cfl and comeback a better player.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tebow fans are a sad bunch. He was given the choice. He rightly figured mark would shit the Bed and get benched but he forgot that almost noone in the nfl thinks he's any good.

He's as much to blame. He should take boomers advice and go to the cfl and comeback a better player.

Why go the CFL when the CFL already came to the NFL?

I think he ends up with the Bears honestly. They need a backup and Trestman has a history with Tebow (the dude held onto his CFL rights while he was there).

Hell he'd be like their 3rd best offensive option after Marshall and Forte anyway.

Why go the CFL when the CFL already came to the NFL?

I think he ends up with the Bears honestly. They need a backup and Trestman has a history with Tebow (the dude held onto his CFL rights while he was there).

Hell he'd be like their 3rd best offensive option after Marshall and Forte anyway.
Maybe. Theres just so much garbage that follows him around that i think every team wants nothing to do with it.
a player who truly wants to do whatever he can to help a team wouldnt refuse an opportunity, no matter what it is.
I agree, but he has and will continue too

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So multiple teams asked Tebow if he could play tightend and he said no?

He's only out of a job because of his decisions, then.

Again even if he was willing to move to TE why would he say that?

He's better off finding the team that actually wants him rather than getting traded to a team that only wants to sell some merchandise and park him on the bench.

Tamanon

Banned
So multiple teams asked Tebow if he could play tightend and he said no?

He's only out of a job because of his decisions, then.

Eh, it's doubtful that happened. He was willing to play other positions for Rex Ryan already. I sense a Jets leak to try and make them seem like the good guys here.

Tebow to the Cowboys incoming.

So if the rumors are true and we also cut Sanchez, the Jets would be going into training camp with McElroy, Garrard, Smith and Simms?

Brinbe

I swear to fucking God, if the Jags don't pick him up now... they're just acting too smart for their own good.

He's a goddamn license to print oodles of money, even if he never sees the field. They want more league-wide interest (remember when they begged to be on Hard Knocks and get rejected?) and excitement (and more fans in seats), well?

Tamanon

Banned
I swear to fucking God, if the Jags don't pick him up now... they're just acting too smart for their own good.

He's a goddamn license to print oodles of money, even if he never sees the field. They want more league-wide interest (remember when they begged to be on Hard Knocks and get rejected?) and excitement (and more fans in seats), well?

I dunno, Jags were pretty adamant about not being interested, although that could always have been to avoid tampering charges. I think he'd compete at least.

SonnyBoy

I'm indifferent about Tebow, but as a person I hope that he's able to continue us career in some way. Maybe it's just me but I'd hate to see dudes dream destroyed. Much luck to the kid, seems like a good person/player/teammate.

Brinbe

I dunno, Jags were pretty adamant about not being interested, although that could always have been to avoid tampering charges. I think he'd compete at least.

Yeah, I know that's what they've continued to maintain for years now. But at this point, now that Tebow's a FA (and with supposedly limited interest around the league) I honestly don't get their opposition to it, just from a business POV. Low-risk investment with a likely high return.

Anyway, decisions like this are why crappy franchises stay crappy and irrelevant to the national consciousness/conversation.

Jags being able to tank with Tebow while generating money and interest is awin/win for everyone.

1.Give Tebow a chance (2-3 seasons as a starter) while taking those picks to build your foundation (o-line, d-line, secondary).

2.Collect money

3. Tebow glammor starts to wear off

4. Eventually a good QB class comes up

5. Dumb Tebow, draft quality QB and enjoy your successful rebuild

To be fair this can all be accomplished with Gabbert but why dismiss the adoration of fans for getting Tebow and all the revenue?

squicken

The Jags have been too smart this offseason to go for a publicity grab. I think Henne will be the QB most of the year and do a below average but not awful job of it. Good enough to help the WRs develop.

And I call bs on that TE rumor. Seems like the Jets just trying to make themselves look good for obviously screwing up his chances to land somewhere. Tebow should go to the Texans. He's better than Klein or Schoob or Yates

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I love Tebow and I wish the best of luck to him but I don't want him in Green Bay. I know Mike McCarthy was enamored by him a bit a few seasons ago so hopefully he doesn't pull the trigger on him.

Tebow's refusal to do anything other than play QB should keep him away from whatever McCarthy had in mind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom