• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw Ray Didinger say that Matt Barkley will be the Eagles starter at some point. He says that Chip loves him and it is just a question of how long until he wins the job.

SonnyBoy

Overall, I'm very pleased with the Redskins draft. They acquired some guys that should have gone higher than they did but didn't for one reason or another. If they accept some "coaching up", this could prove to be a good draft class. Since 2011, Mike's done a great job via the draft. Even though it takes a couple years to begin the evaluation of a class, he's received the benefit of the doubt in my book.

Apparently the safety from Rutgers the Pats drafted, Duron Harmon, is a local guy. His girlfriend came in to work this weekend to buy him a 'congratulations' watch. Looks like I have a Patriot I can actually root for
to "Pollard" Brady in practice
now. Not the most exciting story but when you're from Small Town, Delaware you take what you can get.

BigAT

Jets have released Tebow.

Unrelated:

sanchizefumble.gif

Finally! Now the question is, will Tebow get another shot?

EDIT: Interview with Ireland:

Mando: What are you going to do at tackle?

Jeff Ireland: "We'll see. The tackle position is an important position. It's an important position. But I feel like we have some flexibility. There are some options out there. I have some things up my sleeve that might work out. We're going to have to fill the need probably with a veteran guy on the street at some point."
LOL. "I've got some things up my sleeve, like bringing in a guy to play tackle." Genius!

Brinbe

Now that I've actually had a free morning to read up and process what the Eagles did this weekend, I'm pretty fucking happy with what we accomplished.

First of all, Lane's gonna solidify either side of that line for the next decade and in the near-term allows Todd to swing back to right guard. Assuming everyone returns healthy this coming season it gives us a formidable line of Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Herremans-Johnson.

In the 2nd I was/am ecstatic about the Ertz selection and along with Casey/Celek he gives us three solid tight ends to create match-up problems all over the field. Also, with his height, ability to beat press cover and great hands, we might finally have a reliable target in the RZ. I've read comparisons to Witten and if Zach's even half as good it'll be a successful pick.

And I've really come around to the Barkley pick. Seems any concerns about his arm health/strength is a bit overblown and I've never thought we've really needed a gamebreaker with all the other weapons we have at the skill positions. We need a consistent, smart passer who can consistently move the chains/make the right calls in pass protection and avoid dumb fucking decisions (fuck off, Vick). If Barkley can ably do all that, he'll thrive with D-Jax/Maclin, Shady/Bryce, and those tight-ends I mentioned earlier.

Of course, our major issues were on the defensive side of things and I thought we did well there too. I don't think we picked up any major stars but hopefully, Logan/Kruger/King give us rotational depth up-front on the line and Wolff/Poyer are insurance for that secondary.

Also liked what I read about some of our UDFA's, especially Wing, from LSU. Crazy Aussie rules punters are always fun.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I am so happy for Tebow.

He deserves so much better than this clown organization. I hope he signs with the Patriots and kicks the Jets ass twice this year.

BigAT

Interesting tweet from Schefter:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jets had granted Tim Tebow permission this off-season to seek a trade. More than one team asked if were willing to play TE, but he was not.

We'll see how stubborn he is about staying as a quarterback if there is no interest from any teams in picking him up.

eznark

Banned
What do CFL QB's make? More than backup tight ends in the NFL? Maybe he is smart for holding out for the right opportunity.

Also, he shouldn't accept a TE role until he exhausts all QB opportunities. Lots of idiots in NFL front offices, never know. Worth a shot.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Interesting tweet from Schefter:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jets had granted Tim Tebow permission this off-season to seek a trade. More than one team asked if were willing to play TE, but he was not.

We'll see how stubborn he is about staying as a quarterback if there is no interest from any teams in picking him up.

Even if he was why would he agree to help the Jets out? There was seriously no reason for Tebow to accommodate the Jets after all the bullshit.

Really? It's easily one of my favorite RPG's this gen.

I enjoyed the first half of the game or so. I really disliked the corny ass story and found myself just mashing x through all story elements less than halfway through the game. Aside from one boss, the combat was cake. Even then, I only died once on that "hard" battle. Also, i hate that catching new familiars is based on pure luck. It's extremely frustrating. I would see all these cool ass familiars that i wanted and i would spend hours trying to catch them with no luck.

I made it to
where you get the dragon and it really opens up the entire world. That's where i stopped because i saw all kinds of cool familiars that I could never catch.

...you had a NNK avatar for months.

I hate your face

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have to agree with Mike from Mike and Mike. The Jets mishandled Tebow terribly and they should be ashamed of themselves.

eznark

Banned
I made it to
where you get the dragon and it really opens up the entire world. That's where i stopped because i saw all kinds of cool familiars that I could never catch.

This is pretty much where I am as well, just got pulled away by other stuff but I am planning on going back. I love the game, just got a bit burned out.

bionic77

Release Mallet! Sign Tebow! Destroy bionic!
You asshole.

How dare you tarnish Tebow's name by associating him with your filthy organization!

I am sure Tebow would rather retire than become a Pat. He is more likely to have relations with some really hot, dumb, willing slut then join your shitty team!
What if the Patriots take Tebow as a backup? What will bionic do?
See Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Luke's reaction when the identity of his father is revealed. Multiply it by 100.

BigAT

Even if he was why would he agree to help the Jets out? There was seriously no reason for Tebow to accommodate the Jets after all the bullshit.

Uh...I get the whole self-loathing Jets fan routine, but what are you talking about? It was in his own interest to facilitate a trade. Now he got cut and there's no chance he will get a contract that was as good as his rookie deal.

If staying as a quarterback and picking his own circumstances is more important to him than money, then fair enough, good for him. But the idea that he would try to sabotage a trade out of spite is foolish.

ari

Banned
I have to agree with Mike from Mike and Mike. The Jets mishandled Tebow terribly and they should be ashamed of themselves.
Yea, that was pretty fucked up what that organization done to the poor kid. If you wasn't going to use him after an exciting denver campaign, why even bother? Why cockblock teams that would've used him like Jacksonville? Fuck the jets.

eznark

Banned
He would have thrown less interceptions than Sanchez for sure. So wildly inaccurate, even the defenders are thrown off!

Maybe if the Jets adopted an organization-wide policy of not giving shitty players playing time they would be less of a joke organization.

Sanjuro

he's better than Sanchez. Rex is just a bad coach who wouldn't give up on the guy he tattooed on his arm

My opinion above is the only manner is he better than any QB in the NFL. He is great for teams who have no idea what to do on offense, and just want their offensive unit off the field in record timing. So, basically Rex Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom