• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. The point is the Dolphins needed a true number one WR.

Wallace isn't a true number 1, though. He's a one trick pony. His one trick is amazing, but a complete package he is not. Your second and third guys are going to have to create their own looks.

Dolphins obviously realized this as they got rid of Bess and took Gibson.

MechDX

Sam Montgomery Texans 3rd round draft choice has some fascination with Sonic the hedgehog.

https://twitter.com/Sonic99_SC

Sam Montgomery ‏@Sonic99_SC 5h
The Sonic Assassin new name I love it

BI9klfPCQAEUcLP.jpg

Texans drafted a bunch of gaming nerds.

Wallace isn't a true number 1, though. He's a one trick pony. His one trick is amazing, but a complete package he is not. Your second and third guys are going to have to create their own looks.

Dolphins obviously realized this as they got rid of Bess and took Gibson.
Hartline goes from being the primary threat (drawing a team's best CB in man coverage) to being covered by the second best CB. Wallace's "one trick" stretches the field, which should open things up for a slot guy and TE's. That's the value. The rest is semantics.

And hopefully the other areas of Wallace's game can improve further.

Hartline goes from being the primary threat (drawing a team's best CB in man coverage) to being covered by the second best CB. Wallace's "one trick" stretches the field, which should open things up for a slot guy and TE's. That's the value. The rest is semantics.

And hopefully the other areas of Wallace's game can improve further.

Wallace's one trick is beating coverages. Unless Philbin sends him on fly routes all game the defense isn't going to fall for it indefinitely. Even if they did that it only works so well.

Wallace's short game sucks. He doesn't want to fight for balls over the middle and is easily caught on simple drags and curls because he goes down easy. If drawing the second safety away was as much of a win button as you're implying wallace would never have gotten away from the Burgh.

Wallace s also a body catcher; don't expect him to win when he's stride for stride with a defender.

Ravens draft was good. I really believe our D will be greatly improved. Canty and Spears shore up our DL, while Dumervil is an upgrade over Kruger. We replaced Reed and Ray with Elam and Brown, and at this point in Ray and Reed's career, we've upgraded. Our only real loss is Boldin, unless our seventh rounder out of Elon turns out to be awesome.

REPEAT!!!!

Ravens draft was good. I really believe our D will be greatly improved. Canty and Spears shore up our DL, while Dumervil is an upgrade over Kruger. We replaced Reed and Ray with Elam and Brown, and at this point in Ray and Reed's career, we've upgraded. Our only real loss is Boldin, unless our seventh rounder out of Elon turns out to be awesome.

REPEAT!!!!

Nabbing Brown and Elam was huge. Great picks

Godslay

Banned
I should just send him and Brennan Williams links to GAF and have them register. Maybe they would stay longer than 48 hours like Kluwe

You should start an Official Pappa Johns pizza thread in the OT and see if it draws Manning out

Worth a shot. Kluwe's too busy saving the world I guess.

It would have to be the Papa John's Pizza Discussion |OT| Sponsored By Buick and Gatorade

REPEAT!!!!

The Failco lightning doesn't strike twice. Go back to hating him, blarry!

I just bought Professor Layton and the Curious Village, and I think it's way harder than the new one, which I already beat. Maybe my mind just isn't as sharp now that I'm 30.

I don't know if he'll get a lot a playing time until Jacoby goes down again. Raiders are pretty crowded at WR, there's no #1 but lots of people who can play.

lol Jacoby will be lucky to make the roster as punt returner. he doesn't want to be here anyway, ever since campbell went down. wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in cleveland

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Buckethead inspired me to give GTA4 another try (and it was dirt cheap on PSN last week).

It's a much better game than I remember but that last mission? Screw that.

You guys should listen to me more.

Also you can get the GTA pack on Steam for like $13. Absurdly good deal.

It's a much better game than I remember but that last mission? Screw that.
Easy as drunken jailbait poon-dangle until you get to the dirtbike part.

Just gotta be patient and use the M16.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You guys should listen to me more.

Also you can get the GTA pack on Steam for like $13. Absurdly good deal.

Easy as drunken jailbait poon-dangle until you get to the dirtbike part.

Just gotta be patient and use the M16.

I'm having trouble dodging the RPG from the boat. Failed it twice and it's hard to want to go back through all that again.

Edit: you guys weren't kidding about the Big 10 West. Nebraska is the only team Wisconsin will have to worry about.

Fantomex

I'm having trouble dodging the RPG from the boat. Failed it twice and it's hard to want to go back through all that again.

Edit: you guys weren't kidding about the Big 10 West. Nebraska is the only team Wisconsin will have to worry about.

I thought you meant a real RPG

tumblr_m55xpcDZ3Q1qjdbzao15_r1_500.gif

I like Kluwe (even though he has sucked lately) hes the best punter in Vikings history, and I've supported what hes been doing off the field in terms of supporting gay rights.

With that said, it was a bitchmade move to try and claim his off the field stuff was the reason he is likely to be cut.

Fuck that. I wont be wearing my Viking sweater with his "Kick for your dreams" signature.

Romo being more involved in planning and playcalling is a good thing imo. Our offense looked by far its best last season when we went no huddle and Romo called the plays.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Romo being more involved in planning and playcalling is a good thing imo. Our offense looked by far its best last season when we went no huddle and Romo called the plays.

Well he's being paid elite QB money so at this point they have to go all in on living or dying by the Romo.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I like Kluwe (even though he has sucked lately) hes the best punter in Vikings history, and I've supported what hes been doing off the field in terms of supporting gay rights.

With that said, it was a bitchmade move to try and claim his off the field stuff was the reason he is likely to be cut.

Fuck that. I wont be wearing my Viking sweater with his "Kick for your dreams" signature.
When I think vikings sweater..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom