• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ænima

Romo is gonna be 33, how many years does he even have left to fail? If Dallas gives him any real money beyond year 2 they are fucking nuts.
Agreed. If I were the GM I would strongly consider trading him right now. This is Jerry we are talking about though, he is with the side of Cowboys Nation that believes all of Romo's failures are somebody else's fault.

lol, and before I even finish this post I see that he was extended.

Colasante

Six years, $108 million, $55 million guaranteed. Wow. I guess we won't have to worry about the Cowboys contending again until at least 2019.

I'm not too crazy about the Flynn trade. Hoping we're aren't giving up too much for him. Really don't want to give up any future picks.

Unless he restructures, we only save about 1 mil towards the cap-

Palmer 9 mill dead money
Flynn 5.25 mil base salary

edit: lol never knew Flynn was Jamarcus Russell's backup at LSU

That's true for this year, but I think this is about throwing Palmer's dead money onto the pile and getting out from under that contract going forward. Palmers cap hit would be $17.335 million in 2014, and McKenzie wants no part of that. If this goes down, we gotta be getting close to $50 million in dead cap this year

Colasante

That's true for this year, but I think this is about throwing Palmer's dead money onto the pile and getting out from under that contract going forward. Palmers cap hit would be $17.335 million in 2014, and McKenzie wants no part of that. If this goes down, we gotta be getting close to $50 million in dead cap this year

Palmer needs to go, but there's no reason to trade for Flynn when a similarly mediocre quarterback in Kevin Kolb is available without having to give up picks.

Striker

This division has Romo, Vick, and a gimpy RGIII.

Perry Fewell, step your boys up. No excuses.

It kind of sullies the Giants Super Bowls when you realize that Dallas and Washington are run by morons
Green Bay and New England can't beat them in the post-season.

mr2xxx

Banned
I'm late to the news but thank god Fred Davis is staying in Washington. One less position to worry about in this draft.

Jerry is one of those owners who has his family employed throughout the organization, isn't he? Cowboys fans better pray his progeny don't dickride like their daddy did.

LiveWire

Jerry Jones has now taken the title of worst owner from Dan Snyder.

Dan Snyder looks like Dan Rooney compared to Jerry Jones now.

I'm late to the news but thank god Fred Davis is staying in Washington. One less position to worry about in this draft.

Yea, smart move all around. Give Washington the security they need for this last cap penalty year, give him a chance to prove he's still worth the big money (which he absolutely will get if he has a good season). A bit more risk for him as if he gets injured again then his chances for a bigger payday go down, but his only other option was really Buffalo, and we all know that's really not an option.

cdyhybrid

Matt Flynn to Oakland? Wonder what that does for them RE: Geno.

I doubt they draft a QB first now. I could see one in the second or later and have them compete with Flynn for the job.

Jerry Jones has now taken the title of worst owner from Dan Snyder.

Dan Snyder looks like Dan Rooney compared to Jerry Jones now.

At least Jerry has a field in his stadium that is at least at the quality of a high school field.

squicken

Jerry the talent evaluator is actually not bad. Not great but there are many who are worse. He's awful at managing his cap, and he hires dumb asses as coaches. That's his biggest flaw. He hires coaches that he can push around, and so of course the players don't really respect that guy

Ænima

Jerry is one of those owners who has his family employed throughout the organization, isn't he? Cowboys fans better pray his progeny don't dickride like their daddy did.
Lol. There are some Boys fans around here who think Stephan Jones is some kind of young GM prodigy, and that when Jerry retires he will return them to glory.

LiveWire

At least Jerry has a field in his stadium that is at least at the quality of a high school field.

Whatever, Clemons was playing with fire by playing against the team that first signed him. He should've gracefully allowed RG3 to finish the game after the 14-0 rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom