• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't that happen to that kid from Kentucky?

And are we talking Marcus Lattimore awful?
Proooobably worse than the Theisman injury.

e: after rewatching, jesus christ why did I rewatch that, it's way worse than the Theisman injury. Nothing left to the imagination here

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah that was pretty awful, not quite Napoleon McCallum but that's definitely in the top 5 with Willis McGahee and Lattimore.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am officially announcing my retirement from the game of basketball.

But man that is one of the worse injuries I've seen in a long time.

bionic77

You're in luck - my ping pong and motivational speaking tour is still on.
Are you coming to PA on the tour?

If you do I look forward to ending the tour and your ping pong career. I would have added that I was going to take your manhood but it is just ping pong.

Speaking of dunking this athletic little kid with some average hops (made me think of you) tried to get by me for a layup and I blocked his shot like it was a volleyball spike. Without even jumping. The lesson? Short people should not play basketball. And gaijin should not give a tour about ping pong!

brentech

Usually I check out these injuries after the fact but the description of this one is enough to make me not want to.

Link to a post with a link to the pic for anyone curious. This feeling of regret I have now.
Hrm, Reminiscent of my ankle going sideways. Only....that is much much worse.

That's crazier than when I dislocated/broke my ankle. My shit happened on a fluke slip in wet grass while sprinting, but to just have landed from a jump and have that happen....God damn. If I were him I probably would have a hard time jumping ever again.

(not sure if I'll ever want to run in grass again, lol)

thats a pretty bad break.
not cringeworthy but really severe.
are those players in the background passing out?
No, cringing. The sound's pretty gruesome as well, or so I've been told.

Also, any leg injury that results in a bone sticking out where everyone can see it is cringeworthy.

Greg

Will you be giving a motivational speech while playing ping pong? That would be awesome.
Absolutely.

Are you coming to PA on the tour?

If you do I look forward to ending the tour and your ping pong career. I would have added that I was going to take your manhood but it is just ping pong.

Speaking of dunking this athletic little kid with some average hops (made me think of you) tried to get by me for a layup and I blocked his shot like it was a volleyball spike. Without even jumping. The lesson? Short people should not play basketball. And gaijin should not give a tour about ping pong!
PA is my first stop.

And me being short and white is part of the motivational aspect of the tour. I'll be sure to pull you from the audience as an example.

Absolutely.
I'm listening to that Persefone album you linked earlier. So clean, so fast, I like it. It's surprisingly relaxing on this long drive home.

That new Bleed From Within didn't do too much for me. I like their sound and the musc is decent but it just feels kind of uninspired. It doesn't sound like anything special. Sometimes that can change after a few more listens though so who knows.

cajunator

Banned
No, cringing. The sound's pretty gruesome as well, or so I've been told.

Also, any leg injury that results in a bone sticking out where everyone can see it is cringeworthy.

its gross, but its a compound fracture. The break simply pushed the bone out of the skin. Its a mess, but fixable. his sports career might be over though.
As for the sound, theres a video on youtube of a soccer player who breaks his leg and you can hear the loud crunch over the microphone. Lemme see if I can find it...

Greg

I'm listening to that Persefone album you linked earlier. So clean, so fast, I like it. It's surprisingly relaxing on this long drive home.
Good to hear. Yeah, the production is a huge step up from their last CD - they got a really clean mix this time around. 70 minutes is pretty crazy for how dense it is.

That new Bleed From Within didn't do too much for me. I like their sound and the musc is decent but it just feels kind of uninspired. It doesn't sound like anything special. Sometimes that can change after a few more listens though so who knows.
Yeah, I felt the same way, and I've given it quite a few listens now in hopes it would grow on me. I think the raw sound from their first two CDs fit them much better.

bionic77

Absolutely.

PA is my first stop.

And me being short and white is part of the motivational aspect of the tour. I'll be sure to pull you from the audience as an example.
What's the message going to be? That you are short and suck at ping pong but you are determined and won't give up? So you are basically the Browns?

Motivatonal speech tour hmm
image.php

What's the message going to be? That you are short and suck at ping pong but you are determined and won't give up? So you are basically the Browns?

Greg

The message is that good things will come in life if you don't rape women or support rapists.

squicken

Saw Ninja Scooter mention Slamball. Good God like 3 severe injuries a week on that show. I've never seen a basketball injury that bad as the UL guy had. Pitino said a two year recovery. Sucks

Is HBOGO good?

I only have HBO on Comcast cable.

yeah its awesome. every HBO show ever is available and all the movies they're currently showing on demand. i love it. if HBO would just charge $15/mo for it i would pay it.

BUT, they make you have a subscription with cable/satellite so then i just use my friends who doesn't use it! now HBO gets $0 from me!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
yeah its awesome. every HBO show ever is available and all the movies they're currently showing on demand. i love it. if HBO would just charge $15/mo for it i would pay it.

BUT, they make you have a subscription with cable/satellite so then i just use my friends who doesn't use it! now HBO gets $0 from me!

reported

Not surprised to see a Ravens fan breaking the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom