• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm an engineer so only on occasion. I only work with deep mines though, no surface stuff. Coal mines are really cool but a little freaky at first.

Yeah i bet

edit; random. not the same but my ex's dad works at the local morton salt mine and he said it was crazy down there as well

NFL_Draft_Insider ‏ @ NFLDraftBites 10m
# Dolphins have engaged Raiders & Browns in preliminary discussions about trading up. Targeting an Offensive Tackle or Dee Milliner.
Not sure how valid, but let it begin.
Edit: not the first report ive seen today, sounds like Phins are really trying to go in, they have the ammo
Sorry West Coast best coast, Ohio, LOL.
WAR.

Chan don't live in the past broham
tumblr_m2x6zgYG2e1ru4afro1_500.gif
Stop watching those Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson highlight tapes

jakncoke

Banned
Whats it like living in PA?

More hills, same amount racists, under cultured and low educated folk. But something about where you grew up that sticks with you. Actually when i move back, it'll be to the Pittsburgh area if all goes well. I lived next to the Allegheny National Forest and its crazy what you took for granted, but missed when you left

cajunator

Banned
More hills, same amount racists, under cultured and low educated folk. But something about where you grew up that sticks with you. Actually when i move back, it'll be to the Pittsburgh area if all goes well. I lived next to the Allegheny National Forest and its crazy what you took for granted, but missed when you left

Sounds like not much of a prized place to live either but I bet the mountains are beautiful there.

bionic77

Come to Philly. Way nicer than Pittsburgh.

jakncoke

Banned
Sounds like not much of a prized place to live either but I bet the mountains are beautiful there.

Its really not, but Ive come to the conclusion I'll hate every place i move so i may as well live near my family because blood is thicker than water

Come to Philly. Way nicer than Pittsburgh.

I want to live within range of my family, near a bigger city and in PA, so options are pretty

Its too cold up north for me.

Your body would adjust after a winter or 2

bionic77

Its really not, but Ive come to the conclusion I'll hate every place i move so i may as well live near my family because blood is thicker than water

I want to live within range of my family, near a bigger city and in PA, so options are pretty
It's like a 5 hour drive from Philly. You will appreciate the buffer zone!

I get out to Pittsburgh maybe two times a year on business. Decent in the summer but damn is it cold as balls in the winter. I would not love living there.

cajunator

Banned

Your body would adjust after a winter or 2

I feel the same way. I grew up in Louisiana and really cant imagine enjoying living anywhere else.

jakncoke

Banned
It's like a 5 hour drive from Philly. You will appreciate the buffer zone!

I get out to Pittsburgh maybe two times a year on business. Decent in the summer but damn is it cold as balls in the winter. I would not love living there.

Im used to cold, i like it + snow :)

My hometown doesnt get above 20-25 much and is just inside the lake erie snow belt

If there was even a small job market Id move back most likely

cajunator

Banned

My hometown doesnt get above 20-25 much and is just inside the lake erie snow belt

what town is that? Also I doubt the job market in PA can be that bad if even Louisiana is having no problems with its job market.

I don't particulary like the cold but I don't mind it. I'm starting to hate the snow though, college makes you hate it when you rarely have snow days and have to drive to work and such. Heck the other day it was like 40 degrees and everyone had their windows down and music playing.

jakncoke

Banned
what town is that? Also I doubt the job market in PA can be that bad if even Louisiana is having no problems with its job market.

Bradford PA

I don't particulary like the cold but I don't mind it. I'm starting to hate the snow though, college makes you hate it when you rarely have snow days and have to drive to work and such. Heck the other day it was like 40 degrees and everyone had their windows down and music playing.

Yeah having to leave early for work to make it on time because people cant drive and roads are shit is kinda annoying

cajunator

Banned
you poor thing

I don't really see the downside of my situation. I grew up, attended all phases of school, attended college and found full time work all in the same city. There are plenty amenities and lots of food choices and an abundance of music and entertainment. What else would I need?
Where would I find all that elsewhere and still have low COL?

I don't really see the downside of my situation. I grew up, attended all phases of school, attended college and found full time work all in the same city. There are plenty amenities and lots of food choices and an abundance of music and entertainment. What else would I need?
Don't mind him he's just a Jags fan.

im sure there are other places that arent Louisiana

cajunator

Banned
The job market of the entire planet sucks. It is bad in PA as well.

I feel bad for most kids graduating these days.

I do as well.
One of the problems I can see is that a lot of companies only want to hire experienced workers. Entry level college students better have some internship experience.

squicken

Was there news about Oakland and HoFinley? Also, STL is paying Cook nearly that much, and he's only flashed potential. At least Finley has some decent career production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom