• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Not sure about DQ. That is a tough series to get into if you are not an old school RPG gamer.

I personally like the games, but I would not recommend them to just anyone without knowing more about their tastes. Chrono is a way better game for people not totally invested in the genre.

DQ 9 is pretty accessible, haven't played 4-6 though.

cajunator

Banned
You have a long way to go cajun. Fuck I mean even Philly feels bigger than Baltimore. Baltimore is small and there are not a ton of places worth visiting.

You need to go see Chicago and New York. LA and Houston are as big, but I never liked either city. They both just feel like shitholes, but honestly that might just be East Coast bias.

I'm kind of interested to visit Philly too. Not sure how much of it is safe to be in though.
I really have no interest in seeing Chicago or LA. Houston is huge but boring.

Advance Wars is ok. I can't play it anymore after Fire Emblem.

Chrono Trigger is one of the best games ever. There are some really good DS Castlevania games if that is what you are into. Also some really unique games like Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. The Mario RPG games are a lot of fun as well. Man if you are going down the DS rabbit hole you will need more than a month or two!

Castlevania DS games are so amazing all 3 are great. Ecclescia is the best, then Dawn then Portrait. All are worth playing.

Phoenix Wright games are slower paced, yet fantastic.

Oh and the Mario and Luigi games are funny and fun too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I kinda feel the same way, but it's so iconic, i thought it might be worth a try.

Since I'm starting my new job in two weeks, I'll be spending the first few months living in a hotel during the week without children, so I'll have abundant gaming time, and I have my 3DS. I think it was you who said there are a ton of good games on the DS worth playing, so I'm building up a backlog to take with me. Just bought Chrono Trigger, because I've never played the original, but I'm looking for others. I heard Advance Wars is good, worth a buy? Others?

Also, anyone have a good/reputable place to buy used games online, or is amazon pretty much the only shop?

Did you tryout Tales of the Abyss if you like JRPGs?

I lived in DC for 5+ years and while it is an awesome city to live in, it is not in the same league as New York. Though the tourist attractions are more obvious in DC.

And :lol @ Baltimore. Baltimore is a shit hole. That might just be the DC asshole in me, but I can't take that city seriously. How many times can you go to that shitty Inner Harbor or that ghetto Aquarium? The best thing about Baltimore was a legendary HBO show that was based on it.

ozzielol_zps6eb3633f.gif

First off, DC sucks. If you've seen money, you've seen attractions DC has to offer. It's the worst city in the world to navigate, and is filled with tourists 100% of the time. Food is poor there, Ben's Chili Bowl is overrated, and any bar scene is filled with the worst types of bros you'll ever find (my brother lives there and is one).

Baltimore is the greatest city in the world. Incoming list of facts and attractions
Some of these facts may be exaggerated
:

- The Baltimore Aquarium is stunning. It is largest aquarium in the world, and has a Chesapeake Bay (the greatest body of water in the universe) exhibit.

- Fort McHenry....you enjoy history? How about America? This is where the motherfuckin' Star Spangled Banner was written (well, somewhere out in the water, but it was about the flag at Ft. McHenry.)

- Crabs and crabcakes. There's a fucking reason they call them "Maryland" Crabcakes on the menu everywhere in the world; because ours are the shit. Go to Lexington Market, avoid nodding out junkies, and get some there.

- Best Art Museums in the world. Fuck New York or Paris, or wherever else there are museums. Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore Museum of Art, and most importantly, the Visionary Art Museum take copious dumps on all other displays of art. Go to the Visionary Art Museum, and tell me that's not the raddest art museum you've ever seen.

- There's a fucking carney museum in Baltimore. It's basically a 1930's sideshow induced Tim Burton orgasm into a building.

- Oriole Park at Camden Yards=best looking stadium in sports. Plus, you can visit the Babe Ruth Museum if you care about sports.

-Bar scene is great in certain areas like Hamden, Fells Point, and Federal Hill; the bros here are 75% less douchy than the average in the country.

-Inner Harbor has everything you could want on afternoon as a tourist in New York, without the garbage, assholes, and the stunning views of buildings.

-Do you like drugs? They are of high quality and bountiful.

-Do you like VD? They are available in great amounts.

- We got a zoo, which is home to several extinct animals.

- Crabs and crabcakes one more time, because this fact alone shits on every other city.

How dare you, Bionic.

How dare you...

Draxal

I'm kind of interested to visit Philly too. Not sure how much of it is safe to be in though.

North is pretty bad, make sure you don't go to Camden by accident. My favorite part of Philadelphia is the road design is so antiquated (pretty strong historic buildings/streets movement there).

bionic77

ozzielol_zps6eb3633f.gif

First off, DC sucks. If you've seen money, you've seen attractions DC has to offer. It's the worst city in the world to navigate, and is filled with tourists 100% of the time. Food is poor there, Ben's Chili Bowl is overrated, and any bar scene is filled with the worst types of bros you'll ever find (my brother lives there and is one).

Baltimore is the greatest city in the world. Incoming list of facts and attractions
Some of these facts may be exaggerated
:

- The Baltimore Aquarium is stunning. It is largest aquarium in the world, and has a Chesapeake Bay (the greatest body of water in the universe) exhibit.

- Fort McHenry....you enjoy history? How about America? This is where the motherfuckin' Star Spangled Banner was written (well, somewhere out in the water, but it was about the flag at Ft. McHenry.)

- Crabs and crabcakes. There's a fucking reason they call them "Maryland" Crabcakes on the menu everywhere in the world; because ours are the shit. Go to Lexington Market, avoid nodding out junkies, and get some there.

- Best Art Museums in the world. Fuck New York or Paris, or wherever else there are museums. Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore Museum of Art, and most importantly, the Visionary Art Museum take copious dumps on all other displays of art. Go to the Visionary Art Museum, and tell me that's not the raddest art museum you've ever seen.

- There's a fucking carney museum in Baltimore. It's basically a 1930's sideshow induced Tim Burton orgasm into a building.

- Oriole Park at Camden Yards=best looking stadium in sports. Plus, you can visit the Babe Ruth Museum if you care about sports.

-Bar scene is great in certain areas like Hamden, Fells Point, and Federal Hill; the bros here are 75% less douchy than the average in the country.

-Inner Harbor has everything you could want on afternoon as a tourist in New York, without the garbage, assholes, and the stunning views of buildings.

-Do you like drugs? They are of high quality and bountiful.

-Do you like VD? They are available in great amounts.

- We got a zoo, which is home to several extinct animals.

- Crabs and crabcakes one more time, because this fact alone shits on every other city.

How dare you, Bionic.

How dare you...
:lol

I agree that the tourists are a pain in the ass in DC. They do make it difficult to drive around at time and dangerous, but the reason they are so many tourists is because it is an awesome city (if you have money)!

Let me refute some of your "facts". Inner City is a dirty dump. Aside from good seafood restaurants it is a shithole. The Aquarium is honestly nothing special. I thought the aquariums in Atlantis were the best I had seen and they were free with a hotel stay! I was not that impressed with the Baltimore aquarium before I went to Atlantis and afterwards it showed me that my intuition was correct and the aquarium was as shitty as the rest of the city.

:lol Best art museums?

I agree that the Orioles have a nice stadium, but probably half of their fans were people from DC and now they have their own team so that franchise is even more fucked. Plus baseball sucks ass. If that is a highlight of your city than it is the dump I always claimed it to be

I also agree with you that if you are into VD, drugs, and being assaulted by crazed bums Baltimore is one of the best (Philly also has some classic crazy bums).

The best evidence that Baltimore is a shithole is yourself. If Baltimore is so great then why the fuck did you move 3000 miles away to a city that actually is great (San Fran)? Actions speak louder than words!

I've had maryland crab cakes before. Didn't like the seasoning much.
It wasn't in Baltimore though.
There are some shitty crab cakes even in Baltimore, but they really do have some great seafood there if you go to a good restaurant.

Which means not eating at the tourist holes that are in the Inner Harbor. Those are pretty much all garbage.

Advance Wars is ok. I can't play it anymore after Fire Emblem.

Chrono Trigger is one of the best games ever. There are some really good DS Castlevania games if that is what you are into. Also some really unique games like Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. The Mario RPG games are a lot of fun as well. Man if you are going down the DS rabbit hole you will need more than a month or two!

Btw, who is going to be taking care of the kids while you live in the Ramada Inn? If you have no kids you should also spend some time and hit the gym crazy hard. You probably won't get this kind of free time again for a long ass time.

Not sure about DQ. That is a tough series to get into if you are not an old school RPG gamer.

I personally like the games, but I would not recommend them to just anyone without knowing more about their tastes. Chrono is a way better game for people not totally invested in the genre.

Actually, almost finished the new Professor Layton, and I'm enjoying it.

As for the kids, they'll be with their mom. I plan to hit the gym like a young man, although lately, I've been going nearly everyday, but yes, I thoroughly plan to enjoy and appreciate this time in ways that usually aren't possible in this stage of life.

Explain your last statement further....does it require I play the earler Dragon Quest games, or that my gaming experience include old school RPGs. I'm almost thirty bro, I played the FFs and Dragon Warrior on NES, is there something else?

bionic77

Actually, almost finished the new Professor Layton, and I'm enjoying it.

As for the kids, they'll be with their mom. I plan to hit the gym like a young man, although lately, I've been going nearly everyday, but yes, I thoroughly plan to enjoy and appreciate this time in ways that usually aren't possible in this stage of life.

Explain your last statement further....does it require I play the earler Dragon Quest games, or that my gaming experience include old school RPGs. I'm almost thirty bro, I played the FFs and Dragon Warrior on NES, is there something else?
That is what I was looking for.

I assumed since you never played Chrono that you started playing rpgs with FF7 on the PSX. The older DQ games can seem really slow and the stories are really simple and light hearted. I am cautious recommending them to people who have never played and thus can't tell me if they enjoyed old school RPGs. The DS ones seem easier than the NES rpgs for sure (which were hard and random as fuck). They are not that long either and can easily be finished in a weekend if you go balls out.

Enjoy your me time! Good time to get your ass back in shape. So hard to find time to work out and take care of yourself with kids.

Nightz

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 9m

OAK has traded 2 picks to Seattle for Matt Flynn, will sign papers on it this AM & now trying to finalize Carson Palmer to AZ for late pick

And to be safe...
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 7m

"@BMu_1963: @JayGlazer April fools?" > no, it's not an April fools joke

Let me refute some of your "facts". Inner City is a dirty dump. Aside from good seafood restaurants it is a shithole. The Aquarium is honestly nothing special. I thought the aquariums in Atlantis were the best I had seen and they were free with a hotel stay! I was not that impressed with the Baltimore aquarium before I went to Atlantis and afterwards it showed me that my intuition was correct and the aquarium was as shitty as the rest of the city.

I have never been to the Atlantis aquarium, but yes, I'm sure their's is better, considering it is in an underwater city.

I agree that the Orioles have a nice stadium, but probably half of their fans were people from DC and now they have their own team so that franchise is even more fucked. Plus baseball sucks ass. If that is a highlight of your city than it is the dump I always claimed it to be

Losing fans from DC is no loss. It is actually a gain.

The best evidence that Baltimore is a shithole is yourself. If Baltimore is so great then why the fuck did you move 3000 miles away to a city that actually is great (San Fran)? Actions speak louder than words!

I went to rehab. I had to self-exile myself from the warm bosom of Lady Baltimore. I flew too close to the sun, indulging her sweet nectar, and am now her fallen child.

bionic77

Someone on my fb posted a close up of the Louisville injury. Fml.
What a huge fucking asshole.

Why would you post that on Facebook? I would punch that asshole right in the mouth because I am avoiding any pictures of videos of that injury like the plague.

bionic77

I have never been to the Atlantis aquarium, but yes, I'm sure their's is better, considering it is in an underwater city.

Losing fans from DC is no loss. It is actually a gain.

I went to rehab. I had to self-exile myself from the warm bosom of Lady Baltimore. I flew too close to the sun, indulging her sweet nectar, and am now her fallen child.
1. Its actually a great resort if you have kids. Perfect for families.
2. Tell that to the owners!
3. Can't joke about your rehab, but even you know that San Fran is a much better city than Baltimore. Of course San Fran has its own problems, namely that you have to be a billionaire to afford a nice house there. Baltimore has SF beat in that area. There are so many open and free houses in the inner city there!

Which means not eating at the tourist holes that are in the Inner Harbor. Those are pretty much all garbage.

Yep, even the food court there sucks. Hilariously overpriced, accompanied friends there during one Otakon. It's still fun to look around at the shops there though.

Philly is an amazing city. Very few parts are unsafe, and there is no way you would just wind up in ne of those parts. There is so much to see and do here, I would definitely recommend visiting at some point. My wife and I did the zoo last week since she had never been, and it is fantastic, probably the best zoo in the country. There are tons of cool bars, and there is all the historic stuff to see as well.

BigAT

Oakland and Arizona acting like two franchises that learned absolutely nothing from the last time they traded for quarterbacks.

LevelNth

Banned
For a team low on picks the Flynn to Oakland deal is absolutely idiotic. The only way it can be redeemed is if they can get the Palmer to Arizona deal done, and it's an equivalent to the 2014 pick they gave up, but this year.

If not, man oh man do the poor get poorer.

Chris Mortensen @mortreport 9m

Just to be clear, Cardinals have NOT traded for Carson Palmer yet. They're talking and if they do, it won't be for much, at all

Be curious what they give up for him.

Tyler Thigpen to Seattle is also floating around as a back up to Wilson.

EDIT: Also:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 25m

Picks in Flynn-to-OAK deal are a pick in 2014 and a conditional pick in 2015.

One more tidbit:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 29m

Those who know soon-to-be former Raiders QB Carson Palmer believe he was hoping to wind in Tampa Bay with Bucs. Doesn't look that way now.

For a team low on picks the Flynn to Oakland deal is absolutely idiotic. The only way it can be redeemed is if they can get the Palmer to Arizona deal done, and it's an equivalent to the 2014 pick they gave up, but this year.

If not, man oh man do the poor get poorer.

I agree it's stupid and I'm not too crazy about Flynn, but 2 late rounds picks isn't that big of a deal.

It sounds like a 5th in 2014 and then another late round conditional pick in 2015 depending on Flynn's performance and/or if he is still on the roster.

It's a relatively low risk, low cost trade. He also agreed to restructure his contract.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I dunno. It looked fine to me. Every big city has some total shithole parts.
I have fun visiting them but wouldnt want to live in a city larger than 200k.
The size of Lafayette is ideal for me.

My wife was just in Lafayette for work. Apparently Olde Tyme Grocery is amazing.

Also, the pictures she took while running were pretty neat. It definitely looks pretty there.

bluemax

Banned
Be curious what they give up for him.

Tyler Thigpen to Seattle is also floating around as a back up to Wilson.

EDIT: Also:

One more tidbit:

Yeah Thigpen to Seattle has been floating around since last week. Fieldgulls had a write up on why it makes sense.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 1m

I'm told Carson Palmer is going to make a nice chunk of change from the Cardinals.

He's already scheduled to make 13 million, are they honestly going to give him a big money extension or something?!

He's already scheduled to make 13 million, are they honestly going to give him a big money extension or something?!

I really do feel bad for Cards fans. I think Arains was a weak choice for HC, and now they might be trading for/extending a guy that is totally finished. They are going to waste Fitz's career.

Saw this tidbit, too:

John Clayton @ClaytonESPN 2m

By trading Carson Palmer, the Raiders save $5.995 million of cap room. Had they done a June 1 cut, they would have saved $13 million.

EDIT: Maybe less bad news for the Cards, then:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 40s

I'm hearing Carson Palmer, whose contract called for $13M in Oakland, will end up making $8M with the Cardinals

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm okay with the Flynn trade since its 2014 and 2015 trades. We just gotta get rid of Palmer. Offload RunDMC if they can for full on rebuild.

squicken

I'm okay with the Flynn trade since its 2014 and 2015 trades. We just gotta get rid of Palmer. Offload RunDMC if they can for full on rebuild.

Yeah I'm fine with this trade since you guys aren't giving up 2013 picks and are getting cap relief. Best thing for you would to find someone who wants an OT badly and trade down for more picks this year. Of course every team needs to hit on its draft picks, but Reggie really needs to that

ChanHuk

Banned
The Chargers are desperate for an OT. They could be trade partners. But I don't see the Raiders and Dolts doing each other favors.

squicken

The Chargers are desperate for an OT. They could be trade partners. But I don't see the Raiders and Dolts doing each other favors.

Don't see why not. No history with the GMs and both teams are rebuilding. Draft day trades within divisions happen all the time. It's players under contract within the division that never happen

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Carson Palmer is a pretty solid pickup for Arizona considering what they had to work with. He really didn't have the worst season ever last season or anything, his stats look like middle of the pack numbers. He was probably just barely in the top half of the league statistically.

I don't have high hopes for Flynn in Oakland...he would have fared far better in Houston.

Don't see why not. No history with the GMs and both teams are rebuilding. Draft day trades within divisions happen all the time. It's players under contract within the division that never happen

If the Chargers were truly rebuilding, they should deal Rivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom