• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Idle Thumbs. They're very self-aware when they go into those asides and effectively make fart jokes to jump back to reality.
The first episode I listened to was the one where they discussed Far Cry 3 and it was just unbelievable to me how nit-picky they were about everything. I haven't even played FC3 but some of the stuff they were saying sounded so ridiculous I was starting to wonder if it was satire. It also seemed like they were always trying to prop up some indie game as the greatest thing since sliced bread without ever addressing any flaws the game might have. Maybe I just didn't give their personalities enough time to grow on me or something.

squicken

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 40m
Khaled Holmes/C/USC dropping down boards as teams question his passion for football...a concern i have confirmed- probably day 3; more later

--
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
BREAKING: Jay Z To Open Sports Representation Agency, Roc Nation Sports. 1st client is Robinson Cano

Master P 2.0

eznark

Banned
I like Idle Thumbs. They're very self-aware when they go into those asides and effectively make fart jokes to jump back to reality. Pretty much the only gaming podcast I listen to.

I listen to Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me, Planet Money, This American Life, and Radio Lab religiously. TWiT when Jolie O'Dell and Brian Brushwood are NOT on the show.

hahaha, I had that experience last night. I was about an hour away from home when the last baseball game of the day ended and I pulled up Downcast and saw that a new TWiT had downloaded. Then I saw Brushwood was on it. I ended up listening to the Brewers game from the afternoon that I was at.

brentech

I think I tried listening to Bombcast once, and maybe IGN's Beyond or whatever that shit was called, but god damn, they almost never broached a game the entire time.
1UP Yours went off the cuff at times, but Garnett was usually pretty good at keeping that on task if it got too windy.

I think I tried listening to Bombcast once, and maybe IGN's Beyond or whatever that shit was called, but god damn, they almost never broached a game the entire time.
1UP Yours went off the cuff at times, but Garnett was usually pretty good at keeping that on task if it got too windy.

Beyond was amazing at times. It was so random. You are right thought they almost never talked video games. That podcast was more about music or non-video game news.

brentech

Beyond was amazing at times. It was so random. You are right thought they almost never talked video games. That podcast was more about music or non-video game news.
This was all back in like, 2008-2009. I'd listen to them on my way to work when I worked a more traditional job. I think they were the first podcasts I tried and I got kind of annoyed about them talking about their weekends and shit. I don't know them, so unless it's actually interesting I don't care at all. Only tried 1-2 episodes of each before finding 1UP Yours and sticking to that for games. I used to listen to Dennis Green's kid for NFL news as well.
Okay, had to look up his name. Jeremy Green from espn's football today.
Was only good when he had players or coaches on as guests.

Feels like a lifetime ago.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's depressing that someone that incapable of the English language has more money than I would ever know what to do with.

I guess if you're that rich you don't need grammar or spelling!

He is shitting on the worst person in sports so he is a-ok to me.

:jnc so true.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/vgm/3598572399.html

gow_zpsb10dbd12.jpg

gow2_zps058dd006.jpg

Cool yet odd all at once...

Now there's a talented person with poor decision making.

squicken

Russell Wilson ‏@DangeRussWilson
#BVD For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (Romans 8:6 NKJV)

Going by bionic's Super Bowl Virginity Forecaster, that means 18 Super Bowls for Russ

#BVD For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (Romans 8:6 NKJV)

Going by bionic's Super Bowl Virginity Forecaster, that means 18 Super Bowls for Russ
I should have been dead years ago.

I can't believe how much "conspiracy" talk there is on the Ravens boards about the Harbaugh Mutiny, which led to the exodus of Reed, Pollard, and Boldin.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I should have been dead years ago.

"5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God." Romans 8:5-8

It's speaking of a spiritual death. Dat context.

It's a huge problem in Protestant churches where people take one verse and apply it willy nilly.

squicken

I can't believe how much "conspiracy" talk there is on the Ravens boards about the Harbaugh Mutiny, which led to the exodus of Reed, Pollard, and Boldin.

It's coming from the Baltimore paper. I linked a couple of stories on the last page. And I don't see why it's a conspiracy. Those guys went against the coach, they couldn't deal with them in the middle of a season, but are doing so now. The old blood is gone. Flacco and Worstbaugh are in charge now

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's coming from the Baltimore paper. I linked a couple of stories on the last page. And I don't see why it's a conspiracy. Those guys went against the coach, they couldn't deal with them in the middle of a season, but are doing so now. The old blood is gone. Flacco and Worstbaugh are in charge now

Speaking your mind when the coach tells you to speak your mind is mutinous!

If the Ravens are running people out of town because of that, it's a travishamockery.

squicken

More on Holmes

Last week at the BYU pro-day the scouts and offensive coaches on hand spoke openly about the USC pro-day, which took place 24 hours earlier. The topic of conversation centered around Khaled Holmes/C/USC and his falling draft stock. The word is many are questioning Holmes commitment to football, going as far as saying he doesn’t even like to play the game. I spoke with several people in the Holmes camp who acknowledged that this is a concern amongst NFL teams. They feel this has more to do with the fact that Holmes, who is close to finishing his Masters Degree, has a lot of off the field interests, which at times makes him seem aloof to football. I was informed the USC center, who absolutely has starting potential at the next level, is firmly committed to a career in the NFL. So what’s the bottom line? Like everything else in life the truth of the matter is likely somewhere in the middle but its obvious Holmes draft stock has taken a hit.

Could be like Arian Foster, though with Foster, his coaches in college had issues with his commitment. Of course they were awful coaches so you never know

bionic77

He will only win that many if he can control his desires.

I feel like it is easier for Eli to stay a virgin because he looks like a goofy kid. Russy is a lot more sexy and I don't think he will be able to stay chaste beyond the first ring.

Thats good news for the ladies and very bad news for the Seahawks.

Only a true hero like Tebow could have that kind of self control. He literally had the whole South ready to jump on his dick after his college career. The only thing that can stop Tebow is a perverted fat fuck like Rex Ryan who won't let him take the field.

Three Moves Ahead is the only truly great gaming podcast left. As long as Julian Murdoch isn't on.
It is pretty damn hard to make a entertaining show about games.

It boils down to I like this, but not that and they did a great job there but I wish they had done more of whatever someplace else. Then make jokes about the story, art and character.

Boring as fuuuuuuuuuuck!

I have not seen intelligent journalism on games. It is basically free advertising. I kind of miss the early magazines because that kind of fake enthusiasm was more believable when I was a kid and in the 80s and 90s.

cdyhybrid

He will only win that many if he can control his desires.

I feel like it is easier for Eli to stay a virgin because he looks like a goofy kid. Russy is a lot more sexy and I don't think he will be able to stay chaste beyond the first ring.

Thats good news for the ladies and very bad news for the Seahawks.

Only a true hero like Tebow could have that kind of self control. He literally had the whole South ready to jump on his dick after his college career. The only thing that can stop Tebow is a perverted fat fuck like Rex Ryan who won't let him take the field.

It's a bit unfair to compare people to Tebow, though. Tebow is simply a better human being than anyone else on this planet.

I find it odd that people are surprised. Ed Reed's a huge complainer and has been doing it religiously for years. He's clearly had a problem with Flacco and it was bound to boil over sometime. Harbaugh probably couldn't do anything previously with old man Lewis around.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm shocked that Russell Wilson isn't holding out for a new contract already. He's getting paid a criminal amount of money. I'm not sure whether or not his girlfriend has more money than he does and that's why he stays with her crazy self.

edit: Nevermind, Wilson better find some sponsors or something because apparently the CBA says rookie contracts are locked in for three years.

I'm shocked that Russell Wilson isn't holding out for a new contract already. He's getting paid a criminal amount of money. I'm not sure whether or not his girlfriend has more money than he does and that's why he stays with her crazy self.

Are you surprised that Rodgers didn't hold out?

bluemax

Banned

edit: Nevermind, Wilson better find some sponsors or something because apparently the CBA says rookie contracts are locked in for three years.

I'm pretty sure he has already teamed with Levi's and Verizon.

squicken

I find it odd that people are surprised. Ed Reed's a huge complainer and has been doing it religiously for years. He's clearly had a problem with Flacco and it was bound to boil over sometime. Harbaugh probably couldn't do anything previously with old man Lewis around.

As good as Reed and Lewis were for all those years, they didn't actually win in the playoffs until it was Flacco who was playing at a high level. They had a great run, but at this point they had to turn it over to a new generation of leaders. I'm sort of surprised they kept Suggs. I feel like it's what the Colts did last year where they obviously should have cut Freeney, but didn't feel like they could inflict that much change in one offseason. I don't think Suggs' production will match his cap hit

edit: Under the new CBA, rookies can't rework their deals until after year 3. SEA can't pay him even if they wanted to

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Are you surprised that Rodgers didn't hold out?

Rodgers signed a decent contract extension in 2008 8 or 9 games into the season of his first starting year!

Sure he's making half of his worth but Wilson is only making like $350,000 next season. That's at least 1/20th of his market value, not half or a third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom