• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Haha wat............
:lol

Randy%2BNewman.jpg

eznark

Banned
Your hatred of shorts, Talon. That's the funny part. Also, googling hipster Asian turns up both some really hot asian chicks wearing glasses and some hilarious racism.

brentech

Thinking about making the switch from my local cable provider to DirectTV, but i'd obviously have to keep my local cable's internet service.
Gotta see how close costs are, even after first years cheaper service.

DirectTV owners have any problems? Signal issues and what not?

eznark

Banned
My DirecTV bill is either $120 or $190 depending on whether or not NFL ticket is being billed that month (I think they split it over like 5 months or something). No movie channels, 4 boxes. I never call and bitch though like some poors on here to get the lower rates though.

Pretty much zero issues here. I love it.

Oh yeah, I'm in the middle of nowhere, flat farmland.

Talon

Bren, what part of the country do you live in? DirectTV is a complete pain in the ass in Chicago because it's so damn clowdy half the year. You'll have random channels be shitty for days on end.

If you're somewhere flat with clear skies, you won't have a problem. Their software is not as shitty as Comcast, TWC or most everyone else (haven't had Dish), so that's certainly something.

Thinking about making the switch from my local cable provider to DirectTV, but i'd obviously have to keep my local cable's internet service.

Verizon FIOS an option?

$160 here for their triple play package that includes all of the movie channels and 150mb internet service plus they have a promotion right now where you get $250 bucks when you sign up...just cause.

Tamanon

Banned
I only have issues during heavy rainstorms with my DirecTV. I can imagine hating it if I was in a rainy state, but we rarely get rain.

MechDX

Play DTV against Dish Network. My sister did this and had some money chopped off her bill.

brentech

Verizon FIOS an option?

$160 here for their triple play package that includes all of the movie channels and 150mb internet service plus they have a promotion right now where you get $250 bucks when you sign up...just cause.

lol, in my dreams.
our local cable provider is the only provider available in this town. No other physical lines are owned by anyone else.

It's basically Armstrong Cable or satellite. (i'm in ohio, like 50min south of cleveland)

This is why I'm looking to change. That and tired of their "top notch customer service".
Mar 20 2013 TELEVISION 62.45
Mar 20 2013 TV PLUS 3.50
Mar 20 2013 1 ADDL TV PLUS @ 3.50 3.50
Mar 20 2013 EXTRA PACKAGE 4.00
Mar 20 2013 HD 5.00
Mar 20 2013 HD ADVANTAGE 6.00
Mar 20 2013 HBO 17.95
Mar 20 2013 HD PVR 9.95
Mar 20 2013 ZOOM 39.95 (internet)
Mar 20 2013 FREE E-MAIL BOXES 0.00
Mar 20 2013 ELECTRONIC PAYMENT CREDIT -1.00
Mar 20 2013 FCC USER FEE 0.09
Mar 20 2013 STATE TAX 0.72
Statement Total: $152.11 - 39.95 = $112 for 2 TV setup, 1 DVR

Haven't you heard of this new-fangled wildcat? The Dolphins are going to have the ultimate weapon in Pat White!
Every time I saw Pat White take a hit I knew he wasn't going to make it in the NFL. Not that he didn't have tons of other glaring flaws but I don't think he could have ever overcome his size issues.

I hated that pick from the moment it happened, honestly.

Bren, what part of the country do you live in? DirectTV is a complete pain in the ass in Chicago because it's so damn clowdy half the year. You'll have random channels be shitty for days on end.

If you're somewhere flat with clear skies, you won't have a problem. Their software is not as shitty as Comcast, TWC or most everyone else (haven't had Dish), so that's certainly something.

I had DirecTV in SF and it was horrible. The signal would go out all the time, and the HD was terrible. I only lasted 1 year with it even though I got it for the Sunday Ticket.

brentech

I had DirecTV in SF and it was horrible. The signal would go out all the time, and the HD was terrible. I only lasted 1 year with it even though I got it for the Sunday Ticket.

That's one hilly ass place though, lol.
I live in what's essentially farmland. But yeah, having crappy signal is my biggest worry.

And since I used this username like 10 years ago, people have always called me 'Bren'. Mother fucker. Brent. Should have thought that over a lot more.

That's one hilly ass place though, lol.
I live in what's essentially farmland.

Yeah SF is the worst place possible for satellite TV. Tons of hills, it is cloudy 340 days a year, lots of wind. I am sure your experience would be better pretty much anywhere else on Earth.

brentech

Yeah SF is the worst place possible for satellite TV. Tons of hills, it is cloudy 340 days a year, lots of wind. I am sure your experience would be better pretty much anywhere else on Earth.

Yeah, wife and I went there for our first anniversary, and one day it was kind of windy which caused a mist from the bay to spray over half the city and made it kind of dark.
Otherwise I really liked it there.

brentech

My DirecTV bill is either $120 or $190 depending on whether or not NFL ticket is being billed that month (I think they split it over like 5 months or something). No movie channels, 4 boxes. I never call and bitch though like some poors on here to get the lower rates though.

Pretty much zero issues here. I love it.

Oh yeah, I'm in the middle of nowhere, flat farmland.
So $120, but 4 boxes. Which package do you have. I'm looking towards the fairly basic "Choice" package. Says regular price will be $64.99, but that's only 1 box. Haven't looked enough to see what an additinal box runs and also HBO

Yeah, wife and I went there for our first anniversary, and one day it was kind of windy which caused a mist from the bay to spray over half the city and made it kind of dark.
Otherwise I really liked it there.

I liked it in small doses but I couldnt wait to move back to Philly. SF is like visiting a different country compared to the east coast.

Dragon

Banned
lol, in my dreams.
our local cable provider is the only provider available in this town. No other physical lines are owned by anyone else.

It's basically Armstrong Cable or satellite. (i'm in ohio, like 50min south of cleveland)

This is why I'm looking to change. That and tired of their "top notch customer service".

That's some bullshit. HD charge and HD advantage? Why are they charging for HD they don't have to do anything to get it in your home? I bitch about my 50 dollar Time Warner internet bill and that's all I pay. Fuck the cable companies. I have enough ways to watch TV and don't have a wifey to complain about it when she wants to watch Dancing with the Stars.

eznark

Banned
So $120, but 4 boxes. Which package do you have. I'm looking towards the fairly basic "Choice" package. Says regular price will be $64.99, but that's only 1 box. Haven't looked enough to see what an additinal box runs and also HBO

Choice Xtra or just Xtra now I think it's called. Oh, I also have the sports package now which was like another $12 a month or something for all the regional sports channels like FSN WI. I'll probably cancel that though, I just needed it for the NCAA hockey tournament.

brentech

That's some bullshit. HD charge and HD advantage? Why are they charging for HD they don't have to do anything to get it in your home? I bitch about my 50 dollar Time Warner internet bill and that's all I pay. Fuck the cable companies. I have enough ways to watch TV and don't have a wifey to complain about it when she wants to watch Dancing with the Stars.

Yeah, it's retarded. They piss me off with all the little extra costs.

Just built the package on their page. The first 2 years would be cheaper, obviously, but it looks like after that period it would end up being more expensive. Only real value added feature is Genie as opposed to 'can only record 2 programs at once' that I currently have.
Bummer

So Bob Papa is reporting the Giants are offering Cruz 21 million guaranteed. 7 million per, 21 million guaranteed is the offer on the table from them. Likely a 5 year deal as that's been the trend for Giants WR contracts.

Cruz wants more guaranteed money.

His other option right now is to play for the tender at 2.8 million and hope to enter free agency next year as a UFA where has actual leverage. That of course leaves 21 million dollars on the table and the possibility of injury unless he wants to hold out until week 10.

eznark, did you listen to the latest Weekend Confirmed? It just reminded me of how great the show used to be when Leahy was a regular. I still like it alright but it was much better with him around.

eznark

Banned
eznark, did you listen to the latest Weekend Confirmed? It just reminded me of how great the show used to be when Leahy was a regular. I still like it alright but it was much better with him around.

Yup! I was driving to Wisconsin so I didn't post anything (I will now) but yeah it was a great show. Cannata having unfettered run of the show totally ruined it.

Yup! I was driving to Wisconsin so I didn't post anything (I will now) but yeah it was a great show. Cannata having unfettered run of the show totally ruined it.
Yeah... I like Cannata just fine but the chemistry is just off without someone like Leahy around. Garnett has tried to fill that role but it's too out of character for him, and most of the other guests range from decent to absolutely awful.

brentech

Yeah... I like Cannata just fine but the chemistry is just off without someone like Leahy around. Garnett has tried to fill that role but it's too out of character for him, and most of the other guests range from decent to absolutely awful.
So it's actually a decent show. I kind of gave up on gaming podcasts after 1UP Yours dissolved. I know WC was kind of the successor and I listed to the first few, but I think it's changed companies? and probably a shit load more since.

eznark

Banned
No, unfortunately it is generally not a good show. Totally depends on the guests and the guests are usually bad.

Honestly, pretty much every gaming podcast has turned to abject shit.

brentech

No, unfortunately it is generally not a good show. Totally depends on the guests and the guests are usually bad.

Honestly, pretty much every gaming podcast has turned to abject shit.
Okay. Guess I'll wait for 'Tuesday's with Aaron' to return for my podcast fix.

I like the bombcast still but it can be a bit up and down now. I think you just have to take it is entertainment and not informational and it is fine.

I like the bombcast still but it can be a bit up and down now. I think you just have to take it is entertainment and not informational and it is fine.
I still enjoy the Bombcast but I'll admit that I'm a little turned off by how far they've gone into "let's talk about anything but games" territory. I liked it best when the random stuff popped up as a few random asides, now you're lucky to hear about a game within the first hour. Most people seem to love that, though.

Radio Free Nintendo and Player One Podcast are two that I'm enjoying a lot lately. 8-4 is also pretty good usually. I tried listening to Idle Thumbs but the pretentiousness was so over the top I just couldn't take it seriously.

I have a one hour commute to work each way so I listen to a lot of podcasts, haha.

I still enjoy the Bombcast but I'll admit that I'm a little turned off by how far they've gone into "let's talk about anything but games" territory. I liked it best when the random stuff popped up as a few random asides, now you're lucky to hear about a game within the first hour. Most people seem to love that, though.

Radio Free Nintendo and Player One Podcast are two that I'm enjoying a lot lately. 8-4 is also pretty good usually. I tried listening to Idle Thumbs but the pretentiousness was so over the top I just couldn't take it seriously.

I have a one hour commute to work each way so I listen to a lot of podcasts, haha.

I almost think it is better when they dont talk bout games since it has gotten to the point where they each have a few games they can actually say something about, and everything else it is clear they have no idea what they are talking about. The amount of misinformation they spread about big releases is just maddening.

Talon

I like Idle Thumbs. They're very self-aware when they go into those asides and effectively make fart jokes to jump back to reality. Pretty much the only gaming podcast I listen to.

I listen to Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me, Planet Money, This American Life, and Radio Lab religiously. TWiT when Jolie O'Dell and Brian Brushwood are NOT on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom