• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redskins update:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

As long as no setbacks regarding a physical, etc, QB Pat White very likely to be a Redskins soon

He canceled his trip to the Giants today and is meeting with the Skins tomorrow but is apparently already close to signing even before the meeting.

Because they have an incompetent front office?? No where did I say the 49ers didn't draft well. I'm saying its because of that drafting that they are currently good. Not because Jim is somehow better than John.

Oh yeah for sure John harbaugh didn't inherit a team with a bunch of good players. For sure

squicken

Redskins update:

He canceled his trip to the Giants today and is meeting with the Skins tomorrow but is apparently already close to signing even before the meeting.

lol Pat White Sweepstakes!! Drafted too high b/c of wildcat, now FA bidding war b/c of read option

Swapped one of our sixth picks for their seventh and throwing in a conditional 7th from next year (he has to start 13 games). Basically got a starting QB for free, Keim is officially successful in his first trade. Palmer is getting 16mil for 2 years with 10mil guaranteed. I expect it will be just 8 mil for this year, setup for us to cut him loose next year if he doesn't perform. You can make jokes all you want but this is a good move. Palmer is an upgrade and he played pretty well on a shit team last year. Fitz will only make him better. He's not meant to be the answer, he's a 1-2 year stop gap as I said yesterday until we get our franchise QB . Get Fischer or Warmack if he's gone with the first pick and we'll be on our way.

bionic77

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

Dallas TD-Int ratio 7 yrs prior to Romo: -10. Romo TD-Int in his 7 years: +86.
Troy Aikman called the police when he comes home to find hot women in his hot tub and wanted to be a country singer after football, goes on to win 3 Superbowls.

Tony Romo will bang any hot piece of ass he can and wants to become a pro golfer after he retires, 1 playoff win and one of the most famous chokes in a playoff loss.

The lesson? Boring ass losers are the guys who win championships.

Oh yeah for sure John harbaugh didn't inherit a team with a bunch of good players. For sure

This argument is dumb on both sides. It's really simple. Under Harbaughs, both teams made it to the conference championship twice, won once. Both teams made it to the Superbowl once, and it was against eachother, and the John won. They played once other than that. John won. John, therefore is better.

Comparing coaches is dumb

bionic77

Jim is definitely the better coach. Only Raven homers will contest that.

The biggest question is who is the bigger douchebag?

I am kind of leaning towards Jim on that one as well!

xnipx

You can't be this dense. My whole point is that it's foolish to discredit John for having a good front office while ignoring that Jim's team is built with first rounders drafted by his front office from the suckier niner years.

The ravens have a better front office than the 49ers based on the fact that we didn't need high first round draft picks to build a good team. That doesn't mean Jim is some wonder coach.

RT @David_Ely: Weird #Panthers news of the day: @RapSheet reports Ryan Nassib worked out for Carolina after pro day
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1...o-work-out-for-browns-jaguars-bills-cardinals
That is wierd, trade him to Cleveland. #Chud

More nassib workouts
Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter 2m
Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib's private workout schedule as of now: Browns on Thurs; Jaguars on Fri; Bills on Sun; visiting AZ Cards next week.

mr2xxx

Banned
lol Pat White Sweepstakes!! Drafted too high b/c of wildcat, now FA bidding war b/c of read option

Wouldn't call getting a potential third string QB a bidding war. At worst Pat White will be used in practice to mimic read option QBs like Rg3, Wilson, Kap and soon to be Luck and Cutler lol.

Dragon

Banned
Wouldn't call getting a potential third string QB a bidding war. At worst Pat White will be used in practice to mimic read option QBs like Rg3, Wilson, Kap and soon to be Luck and Cutler lol.

Are they planning on trading RG3? Why would they get a worse version of their starting QB to mimic read option QBs when they have RG3?

Fox318

I think I just saw Tebow homeless on the street. I told him he should get a job and he started throwing trash at me. Fortunately he isn't very accurate.

Wes

venison crêpe
Farewell Gocong and Young. Probably for the best though. We had a couple of exciting young linebackers last year who we should look to make a step up this year.

MechDX

Troy Aikman called the police when he comes home to find hot women in his hot tub and wanted to be a country singer after football, goes on to win 3 Superbowls.

Tony Romo will bang any hot piece of ass he can and wants to become a pro golfer after he retires, 1 playoff win and one of the most famous chokes in a playoff loss.

The lesson? Boring ass losers are the guys who win championships.

i

So youre saying there is a chance...

mr2xxx

Banned
Are they planning on trading RG3? Why would they get a worse version of their starting QB to mimic read option QBs when they have RG3?

Yeah that came out wrong. I didn't mean that is why we got him but I could see other teams getting him and experimenting with the read option. Whatever the results of that experiment a team could at least use him as a practice dummy like the Giants could of done since they face Vick, RG3 and Wilson this year.

You can't be this dense. My whole point is that it's foolish to discredit John for having a good front office while ignoring that Jim's team is built with first rounders drafted by his front office from the suckier niner years.

The ravens have a better front office than the 49ers based on the fact that we didn't need high first round draft picks to build a good team. That doesn't mean Jim is some wonder coach.

Never discredited John, I think he's a great coach but he isn't as good as harbs

effzee

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

Dallas TD-Int ratio 7 yrs prior to Romo: -10. Romo TD-Int in his 7 years: +86.

And what does that prove really? No one said Romo is terrible. I keep seeing ppl argue that they had to extend him because there were no other options. I thought the point was why give him that much money?

Wes

venison crêpe
And what does that prove really? No one said Romo is terrible. I keep seeing ppl argue that they had to extend him because there were no other options. I thought the point was why give him that much money?

It proves that Peter King likes stats.

Wes

venison crêpe
So currently the Browns have no second corner and no free safety. Oh boy.

But we now have a kicker! HYPE HYPE!

Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl 55s
Not that the Browns needed it, but they'll gain $6.8 M in cap space, will take on $775 K in dead money. Over $30 M in cap space available.
Kerry Rhodes signing incoming?
Also Browns have quite a few safeties scheduled for private workouts along with corners

I know you said this earlier but I have to agree with the sentiment - I really hope the Steelers trade down into the later first or early second. This is a deep draft full of B+ guys at the top.

squicken

Arians called Palmer his starter, not that there was any doubt. But they aren't drafting a QB. Never were going to until they fixed the line

edit: Everyone wants to trade down. There's about 10-15 guys who are first round talents, and about 50 who are second round talents. Really deep. Sets up great for SF, and shows why SEA trade for Harvin is as costly as people think

cdyhybrid

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 4m
#Seahawks QB coach Carl Smith (former CLE asst) set to work out Ariz QB Matt Scott Friday, source said. Scott to visit #Browns next week.

Edit:
Dbfresh ‏@DougBaldwinJr 2m
Heard we were interested in Colt McCoy as a backup for Russel. Then the 9ers get him. Coincidence?

Tell 'em Doug!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom