• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as Reed and Lewis were for all those years, they didn't actually win in the playoffs until it was Flacco who was playing at a high level. They had a great run, but at this point they had to turn it over to a new generation of leaders. I'm sort of surprised they kept Suggs. I feel like it's what the Colts did last year where they obviously should have cut Freeney, but didn't feel like they could inflict that much change in one offseason. I don't think Suggs' production will match his cap hit

edit: Under the new CBA, rookies can't rework their deals until after year 3. SEA can't pay him even if they wanted to

There you go wanting to cut everybody again. Suggs is 30 years old and in the middle of his prime.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fire Emblem Update:

There's an official reason for no feet, they didn't include them in the initial modeling stage, because they weren't sure how well to model them, and decided it worked well enough so they didn't add them in later in.

Pretty interesting interview for the fire emblem fans.

http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/developer-interview/

rex-ryan.jpg

Honestly from a design to dollars perspective, did they believe that having no feet would sell more copies? I imagine not modeling them in has costed a few sales because it looks so weird. The game is great so maybe that's what they were banking on but it's really bizarre.

Draxal

They were very, very wrong.

Ayup.

Kusakihara:

Yeah, some people focused on the feet a lot. (laughs) I think if this was a game that involved people kicking and such, we would have put in real ankles. Instead, you're using handheld weapons for the most part, so we figured we could sort of omit some of the detail down there...

Yokota:

We did get feedback about that in the playtesting sessions, but by that point it was like "Well, we can't do much about that now." (laughs)

Kusakihara:

A lot of people seemed really preoccupied with the feet... Ah, well. (laughs)

squicken

Palmer to Cards for conditional 7th. Raiders gave up picks to move from Palmer to Flynn and don't seem to have saved much money.

edit: He gets 2year 20m. Who knows real amount but lol Cards

eznark

Banned

I think they are taking the wrong things from it if their laughter is genuine. It seemed lazy and amateurish to me, not funny. I'm not preoccupied with feet, I'm preoccupied with a design decision that screamed: "we're lazy as fuuuuuuuuuuck"

squicken

Squicken is either just a Ravens hater, or a undercover Niner fan, because anyone who could seriously call John "Worstbaugh" has some salt lurking.

The King of the Ravens is Ozzie. John is a Field Marshall. Jim Harbaugh is the King of the 49ers, but more than that, he can develop quarterbacks, which only like 3 people in the entire world can do

Palmer to Cards for conditional 7th. Raiders gave up picks to move from Palmer to Flynn and don't seem to have saved much money.

The Raiders save quite a bit next year (2014 season), somewhere around 10 million

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I think it's a fine move for the Raiders since Palmer is a known quantity whereas Flynn may be really good in the right environment (I don't think Oakland is that environment though).

I'm pretty baffled that Palmer can command so much money when we're nearly 7 years removed from that dollar level of production from him.

I think they are taking the wrong things from it if their laughter is genuine. It seemed lazy and amateurish to me, not funny. I'm not preoccupied with feet, I'm preoccupied with a design decision that screamed: "we're lazy as fuuuuuuuuuuck"
This is textbook missing the forest for the trees, man. The game is overflowing with content and attention to detail everywhere else.

The King of the Ravens is Ozzie. John is a Field Marshall. Jim Harbaugh is the King of the 49ers, but more than that, he can develop quarterbacks, which only like 3 people in the entire world can do

I don't know....I'd rather a coach that wins Superbowls than one that develops QBs.

squicken

The Raiders save quite a bit next year (2014 season), somewhere around 10 million

Definitely time to move on from Palmer, either by release of trade. I'm just not sure how improved their position is. I thought Flynn did okay last year in the preseason, but he needs things around him to succeed. Maybe the move to a new coordinator will turn things around a bit?

I don't know....I'd rather a coach that wins Superbowls than one that develops QBs.

And yet Brian Billick remains unemployed

squicken

Dana Holgorsen ‏@Holgorsendana
Excited to celebrate w/@GenoSmith_12 on 4/25@ the NFL Draft. Geno's the hardest practicing QB & most gifted student of the game I've coached

edit: It's glib, but OAK traded a first and second for 25 games of Carson Plamer and a conditional 7th

w/Palmer now gone, total dead money for Raiders this year is 50 million. Insane

xnipx

Jim harbaughs team is built on the back of countless years of 49er sucking which led to good first round picks. Ozzie has had 2 years where the ravens have had a good draft pick in the past decade and they were still outside the top 10.

Jim has his front office and the previous teams ineptitude to thank for his success more than anybody in the league.

bionic77

Eli is from the south and has a hot wife. There's 0% chance he's a virgin.
In opposition to your outlandish claims I offer into evidence his goofy goober face. There is too much ignorance and innocence in that face for him to have had sexual relations with a woman.

I thought we all agreed long ago that Eli was far too shy to ever have sex with a woman and probably fainted at the idea of nudity? I thought we also came to a consensus that Peyton took care of her needs in the bedroom at least until Eli could conquer his crippling fear of nudity and cooties?

w/Palmer now gone, total dead money for Raiders this year is 50 million. Insane

It sucks, but it absolutely had to be done. The stink of all those contracts Al gave out as well as the trade Hue did will soon no longer haunt the Raider franchise and they can start to build as a modern day franchise

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It sucks, but it absolutely had to be done. The stink of all those contracts Al gave out as well as the trade Hue did will soon no longer haunt the Raider franchise and they can start to build as a modern day franchise

In light of all that dead money, I'm somewhat surprised they bothered to grab Flynn. He's a cheaper option and potentially better than Palmer but what kind of weapons is he going to have? I had totally forgotten that they went out and got Terrelle Pryor. May as well have given him a shot while they were at it since this season is probably a rebuild year.

squicken

Kind of an interesting argument as to who did more damage per day to his organization: Josh McDaniels in Denver or Hue Jackson as coach/GM in Oakland?

I do like what they are doing as far as just taking their medicine this year. Hopefully they don't reach on a QB. It's be great if they could trade down, but it seems like the entire top 10 wants to trade down

Eric Galko ‏ @ OptimumScouting 13m
@ JoshLiskiewitz I think Lane Johnson is going 6. Not to Browns. But Dolphins, Chargers, and Cardinals all need to get to 6 for Lane IMO.
Roto:
Free agent David Nelson will visit the Browns on Thursday.
Recovering from a torn ACL, it will be Nelson's first visit of free agency. Two years removed from a 61-catch campaign, Nelson would man the slot for the Browns. Provided he's healthy, he'd be a nice upgrade on Jordan Norwood and Josh Cooper

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 2m
WVU speedster Tavon Austin's calendar is filling up. He's visiting the # 49ers today. He's scheduled for # Bengals, # Browns, & # Rams next week

Blast of Brown!

eznark

Banned
In light of all that dead money, I'm somewhat surprised they bothered to grab Flynn. He's a cheaper option and potentially better than Palmer but what kind of weapons is he going to have? I had totally forgotten that they went out and got Terrelle Pryor. May as well have given him a shot while they were at it since this season is probably a rebuild year.

Flynn is only 27 and they got him for nothing. It's worth a shot.

Godslay

Banned
Kind of an interesting argument as to who did more damage per day to his organization: Josh McDaniels in Denver or Hue Jackson as coach/GM in Oakland?

I do like what they are doing as far as just taking their medicine this year. Hopefully they don't reach on a QB. It's be great if they could trade down, but it seems like the entire top 10 wants to trade down

We did get some serviceable to good players out of McD. Contracts are/were decent outside of overpaid guys like Dumervil. At least he didn't mortgage out the future too far. If anything I would take a few down years, than be associated with cheating. That made me far more angry.

I wonder what the Dolphins would have to give up to trade up for Milliner or Lane Johnson?
probably just a 3rd and some lower picks, maybe a 2014 future pick?
But if theirs really 3 teams interested a nice bidding war could start up and we could maybe recoup a 2nd. Miami has two 2nds right?

Jim harbaughs team is built on the back of countless years of 49er sucking which led to good first round picks. Ozzie has had 2 years where the ravens have had a good draft pick in the past decade and they were still outside the top 10.

Jim has his front office and the previous teams ineptitude to thank for his success more than anybody in the league.

Why aren't the raiders dominant then?

probably just a 3rd and some lower picks, maybe a 2014 future pick?
But if theirs really 3 teams interested a nice bidding war could start up and we could maybe recoup a 2nd. Miami has two 2nds right?
Yeah. They've got 11 overall so they definitely have some picks to work with if they wanted to go that route. I don't see them trading more than one or two away though, it seems like Ireland has been working hard to secure as many picks as possible for this draft.

effzee

Holy shit that's not his mother? That's his wife?

This whole time...fuck I duped myself.

But they did get much younger. They might believe in Flynn enough to give him a solid shot as being the #1 guy going forward.

And I am sure they restructured his deal good enough that if he falls flat on his face this season they can cut him and draft whoever is on the board next draft.

Can't fault them for letting go of Palmer and gaining Flynn.

Wes

venison crêpe
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

Dallas TD-Int ratio 7 yrs prior to Romo: -10. Romo TD-Int in his 7 years: +86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom