• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr2xxx

Banned
Shannon talking trash was still likable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=POeSnbXiH78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRDIfDW1Iq8

While Sherms just makes people want to punch him in his face.

Trent-Williams-Richard-Sherman1.jpg

cdyhybrid

Against a player who he talked shit about none the less. He ragged on White repeatedly, and White beat him over and again. It would have been worse if Ryan wasn't throwing late that day.

I'm not going to pin that entirely on Sherman. We had zero pass rush the entire game, that's going to happen if you let them throw whenever they want.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Shannon was likeable? lol dude was notorious for taunting fans, players, coaches and everything inbetween..

Godslay

Banned
I'm not going to pin that entirely on Sherman. We had zero pass rush the entire game, that's going to happen if you let them throw whenever they want.

Sure, it's a team game after all. On the TD play though, Roddy cleanly beat Sherman. Best Sherman could do at that point was fall down.

Shannon was likeable? lol dude was notorious for taunting fans, players, coaches and everything inbetween..

Probably different for Hawks fans, as he was beating them in the division back then.

squicken

Not Revis. I think Sherman is very good, but he can be beat deep. I think more teams will exploit that this year. Atlanta went right at him. You could tell they saw it on tape that he was vulnerable over the top

cdyhybrid

Not Revis. I think Sherman is very good, but he can be beat deep. I think more teams will exploit that this year. Atlanta went right at him. You could tell they saw it on tape that he was vulnerable over the top

Can't get beat when you aren't on the field! Give that QB/WR combo the same time in the pocket and Revis would get beat too. I do think he's faster than Sherman, which would help to get deep, but at a certain point it doesn't matter.

squicken

Can't get beat when you aren't on the field! Give that QB/WR combo the same time in the pocket and Revis would get beat too. I do think he's faster than Sherman, which would help to get deep, but at a certain point it doesn't matter.

It's not like the Jets have this all world pass rush. Revis' coverage abilities facilitate Rex's blitzes. I didn't watch too much of SEA's defense, but it seems they really didn't blitz a whole lot. Hard to argue the results, at least in the regular season

cdyhybrid

It's not like the Jets have this all world pass rush. Revis' coverage abilities facilitate Rex's blitzes. I didn't watch too much of SEA's defense, but it seems they really didn't blitz a whole lot. Hard to argue the results, at least in the regular season

They blitzed very little. Whatever pass rush the Jets have, it's more than we had in that Atlanta game. Clemons was our only consistent pass rush. Bruce had 8? sacks, but they came in bunches and his pressure wasn't consistent.

Watching the Redskins beat up on the Broncos in the Superbowl. Path to the Draft up next...
Thanks for the headsup, watching it now. First episode I've seen all season.
Edit: alot of people keep talking up that our pick might be the spot to trade up to, to get one of the LT. I like Millner (maybe not as much as alot of you), but I honestly would rather trade down no matter what.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I eat like two meals a day.
I dont know how people can eat more than three.

If you eat a super big breakfast at like 7am, it's easy to be hungry at 1 and then again at 6.

Like most Americans, I eat a token breakfast and then two actual meals.

squicken

Watched Path to the Draft Earlier today. Pretty clear that Davis and DJ are never going to get near something controversial about a player's off the field stuff

Casserly listed some negatives he had heard about Geno

-Wasn't dedicated in weight room early on
-Issues with academics (giant red flag imo)
-Quiet guy. Not a natural leader

Caserly thought he wasn't a first round pick or day one starter. Compared him to Palmer or Culpepper where he might need to sit and learn

Watched Path to the Draft Earlier today. Pretty clear that Davis and DJ are never going to get near something controversial about a player's off the field stuff

Caserly thought he wasn't a first round pick or day one starter. Compared him to Palmer or Culpepper where he might need to sit and learn

Hmm...

Against a player who he talked shit about none the less. He ragged on White repeatedly, and White beat him over and again. It would have been worse if Ryan wasn't throwing late that day.

Richard Sherman said:
"During that game, for example, the play where he caught the touchdown, the touchdown wasn't really on me to tell the truth," he said. "But I'm not going to throw a teammate under the bus, because I'm not that kind of player. If that's what you guys want to say, I'll take it."

8wmuk68rudg.gif

I actually really hope Browns draft Tyrann Mathieus in one of the rounds, we're giving him a private workout and that's always a good sign for interest.

KingGondo

Banned
I actually really hope Browns draft Tyrann Mathieus in one of the rounds, we're giving him a private workout and that's always a good sign for interest.
He's a great return guy too, it'd be nice to find another player like that to go with Benjamin now that Cribbs is gone.

interview with the best cleveland browns QB of the past 20 years:

How exciting is it for you to go from a team that's rebuilding to a team that was in the Super Bowl?

It's pretty exciting, it really is. It's good to get a new fresh start, a new opportunity. And to do it with a team with a locker room full of talent, obviously and even better players and a coaching staff who is unbelievable and an organization that's extremely well run. I've heard nothing but good things about this place and now that I've been here for a few hours I've seen how they've experienced so much success.

What would you like to say to Cleveland fans?

It happened so fast and it's been good to have last night and this morning as I was on the plane flying over. Want to leave as positive as we can. I thank the fans, I thank the city, I thank the organization. From the bottom of my heart, I really hope the fans and city can see an organization that consistently makes the playoff and accomplishes their dream. I wish them all the best, I probably didn't mention it enough how much I did appreciate the experience. The ups and downs, the challenge that we faced I would have loved to seen that through. Hopefully this is a better fit for me and a better fit for Cleveland. They deserve a winner, and I'll always be grateful for my time there.

don't worry colt, you'll get your ring soon enough brotha!

Vyroxis

Banned
Granted he had a great team around him in MIN, but he was pretty damn good until he hurt his knee

He had a great team surrounding him, but he had troubles adjusting to defenses that had the offensive scheme figured out before he snapped the ball. If his initial plan wasn't an option, playing on the fly wasn't his strong suit.

squicken

The Rangers spent twice as much just getting Darvish from his Japanese team as the Astros spend on their entire club. This isn't an accomplishment. The Astros are a joke

The Palm Beach Post "keep(s) hearing" the Dolphins will target Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson with their first pick, but that landing him would require trading up.
With three top-54 picks and five in the first 82, Miami has more than enough ammo to make a move. The Fins have hinted at big draft plans, and we'd expect GM Jeff Ireland to aggressively explore trades. Johnson could go as high as No. 5 to the Lions, so Ireland would have to put together a serious package. Ireland seems to be GMing for his job this offseason, so anything is possible.
Here we go Brownies here we go!

effzee

For some reason the bolded part really bothers me. There are different types of leader. You don't have to be a rah rah movie cliche type leader. A lot of the QBs in the league lead by example and their play.

And since when did the weight room become such an issue for QBs? Brady, the Mannings, and other QBs have little to no muscle definition. Is it cause he is black?

bionic77

kaps gf:

Colin-Kaepernick-girlfriend-e1359764046949.jpeg

vs.

colts gf:

101_0356.jpg

kap wins again!
They are both really hot.

I am sorry bro but I don't see a SB in your near future unless Kap trades down for some ugly chick. You can't win shit with hot girls.

Before you discount me remember I told you the Ravens would win the SB because they were garbage.

This power of mine can be a curse....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom