• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
dj77vOa.jpg

seattles DB's had the benefit of peds. and damn seattle and their fans are terrified of the niners. relax guys, the season hasn't even started yet!

cdyhybrid

seattles DB's had the benefit of peds. and damn seattle and their fans are terrified of the niners. relax guys, the season hasn't even started yet!

He's just trying to help SF's front office out. He's saying this will hurt the rivalry because Nnamdi's over-the-hill-ness will make the Niners worse, making the games less competitive.

We want the Niners to be good, we need to play at least one competitive game during the regular season!

He's just trying to help SF's front office out. He's saying this will hurt the rivalry because Nnamdi's over-the-hill-ness will make the Niners worse, making the games less competitive.

We want the Niners to be good, we need to play at least one competitive game during the regular season!

sounds like he's trying to convince himself more than anyone else. i wonder if he's better at life than richard sherman

p.s.

you don't need to "want" the 2 time defending division champs and the defending NFC champ to be good. its already done!

brentech

seriously. i love how seattle fans just right that shit off. appealed or not, they got caught with something in their systems. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought suspensions weren't thrown out unless they'd been caught more than once? Dunno, maybe that was a long time ago.

But come one, they'll have to prove that they can do it again now that they're on watch. Not saying it can't be done, but yea.

MechDX

Its simple logic really:

Ravens beat Pats
Pats beat Texans & Broncos
Broncos lose to Pats & Texans
Texans beat Broncos and Ravens

Texans best team in the AFC is the only logical conclusion

cdyhybrid

sounds like he's trying to convince himself more than anyone else. i wonder if he's better at life than richard sherman

p.s.

you don't need to "want" the 2 time defending division champs and the defending NFC champ to be good. its already done!

No one is better at life than Sherm! Just ask Skip Bayless.

And I hope you guys are indeed staying good. I don't want to see the best rivalry in the NFL decline!

seriously. i love how seattle fans just right that shit off. appealed or not, they got caught with something in their systems. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought suspensions weren't thrown out unless they'd been caught more than once? Dunno, maybe that was a long time ago.

But come one, they'll have to prove that they can do it again now that they're on watch. Not saying it can't be done, but yea.

Ask the league why they threw out the suspension. If they had such solid evidence Sherm was on something, surely they'd be able to pin a suspension on him ;)

No one is better at life than Sherm! Just ask Skip Bayless.

And I hope you guys are indeed staying good. I don't want to see the best rivalry in the NFL decline!

Ask the league why they threw out the suspension. If they had such solid evidence Sherm was on something, surely they'd be able to pin a suspension on him ;)

more like i hope YOUR past season wasn't a complete fluke. harbs has already proven he's an elite coach. what has cheatin' pete done? charlie whitehurst carried him to a 7-9 division title but he hasn't done much else as coach!

p.s.

sherman got off on a technicality just like ryan braun. cheaters gonna cheat!

brentech

Semantics. And we all know it wasn't over adderall.

Again, it's part of the NFL, call it gamesmanship or whatever, but complete denial that your team has been up to something just makes us look bad.

If it were the Pats or whomever everyone despises, you'd be saying the same thing with us.

cdyhybrid

more like i hope YOUR past season wasn't a complete fluke. harbs has already proven he's an elite coach. what has cheatin' pete done? charlie whitehurst carried him to a 7-9 division title but he hasn't done much else as coach!

p.s.

sherman got off on a technicality just like ryan braun. cheaters gonna cheat!

Pete has built a machine like he did at USC, only this time there aren't any NCAA witch hunters to derail him! And this time he actually has a good QB! If Pete had all that success with scrubs like Leinart and Sanchize as his QBs, he'll have no problem sustaining an extended run of dominance with Russell at QB.

Semantics. And we all know it wasn't over adderall.

Again, it's part of the NFL, call it gamesmanship or whatever, but complete denial that your team has been up to something just makes us look bad.

If it were the Pats or whomever everyone despises, you'd be saying the same thing with us.

It's all in good fun/trolling! I never denied that Browner did stuff because he actually got suspended. But if Goodell and his tyrannical regime had to throw out their case against Sherm, I'm not too concerned with whether he was doing something.

I'm hungry.

brentech

Would never eat one, but feel like I got fatter simply by seeing it.

It's too bad Sherman plays for Seattle. Not even Russelin' can overcome his ability to be unlikable.
Lol, seriously. Russel could really have that team going for some time. I see him being far more effective than these read option teams over time because he does what he does on the fly. Only not all retarded like Vick.
Sherman could also be a legit good corner, but now that teams know how he plays, it'll be interesting to see if he still gets away with the physicality after an offseason of competition committee talk.

squicken

Speaking of SEA ...

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Interesting; Seattle Seahawks to privately workout Matt Scott/QB/Arizona later this week..Scott reportedly up to 221lbs vs 213lbs at combine

edit:

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Arians was asked about #Cardinals needs. Mentioned OL, DL, CB, S, and "any receiver that runs 4.2" -- with wide grin. Tavon?

awesome

Godslay

Banned
I understand why people don't like him, but you'd love him if he played for your team.

He needs to learn how to talk shit the right way aka Shannon Sharpe! He's good and possibly an upgrade over what we have, but I think I would want him just to shut the hell up.

cdyhybrid

He needs to learn how to talk shit the right way aka Shannon Sharpe! He's good and possibly an upgrade over what we have, but I think I would want him just to shut the hell up.

Eh, he hasn't hurt the team yet, so I don't really care. I think he toes the line occasionally, but until I have reason to think otherwise I trust him to pick his spots.

WedgeX

Banned
Lions going for depth.

mlive said:
The Detroit Lions have scheduled a visit with defensive tackle C.J. Mosley, who was recently released by the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to NFL Network reporter Michelle Beisner. Mosley is reportedly flying into Detroit tonight and will meet with members of the coaching staff.

Mosley was released after spending the past three seasons in Jacksonville. He started 13 games in 2012 and had a career-high 45 tackles. He also had 2½ sacks and was slated to earn $2.475 million in 2013.

Also...good to see I didn't get myself banned today. Phew.

effzee

Fully expect Nmandi to bounce back now that he has someone who will push him and you know, actually has coached a defense before.

Truth.

And speaking of getting Chip-y...

Chip Kelly said:
We want to get off the ball and be a physical, downhill-running football team. This is not a finesse play. We teach our offensive linemen a play we call the bust block. The idea is to bust their sternums up against their spines on every play. We want to come off the ball, create a double-team, knock the crap out of the defender, and deposit him in the linebacker’s lap.
We want them handling a defender as if they were a bouncer in a bar throwing him out of the bar. They understand what type of force has to be implemented to throw a guy out of a bar.

Hnnnng.

Football boner!

brentech

Eh, he hasn't hurt the team yet, so I don't really care. I think he toes the line occasionally, but until I have reason to think otherwise I trust him to pick his spots.
When the dude from the Redskins hit him post game, that was probably the only time i had any personal respect for him.... For not retaliating. Should mention that before he got hit, he was being a bit of a d-bag, but yea. Not throwing a punch was smart at least.

Maybe he's a good dude off camera, but I don't like mouthy bitches in general. Same reason I don't like HoFinley and he's not anywhere near the talker of Sherman. Prefer guys that just let their play say it all.

Godslay

Banned

It's not that he talks trash, it's just that he takes it to another level. Whereas other guys just do it as a joke, he seems to take it seriously. Just seems douchey, but I could see him being on my team and defending it. It's always different when the shoe is on the other foot, I know plenty of people hate Sharpe.

cajunator

Banned
I knew we weren't getting Nnamdi.
We signed Keenan and that pretty much sealed it.
Actually Im kind of glad we didnt because this team desperately needs to get younger.

cdyhybrid

When the dude from the Redskins hit him post game, that was probably the only time i had any personal respect for him.... For not retaliating. Should mention that before he got hit, he was being a bit of a d-bag, but yea. Not throwing a punch was smart at least.

Maybe he's a good dude off camera, but I don't like mouthy bitches in general. Same reason I don't like HoFinley and he's not anywhere near the talker of Sherman. Prefer guys that just let their play say it all.

He does do stuff in the community and all that and actually doesn't seem to take himself too seriously when the camera isn't on (see the video of him interviewing people in NOLA during Super Bowl week). I think he just really enjoys trash talking.

It's not that he talks trash, it's just that he takes it to another level. Whereas other guys just do it as a joke, he seems to take it seriously. Just seems douchey, but I could see him being on my team and defending it. It's always different when the shoe is on the other foot, I know plenty of people hate Sharpe.

Some people here don't like Sherm talking. I think most people like him because Seattle hasn't had a lot of guys that are as blatant trash talkers as him.

WedgeX

Banned
Don't you get banned! This is our time of the year. You need to be around to live the glory and demise of it with us all

I know! Our time to shine!

I posted while angry at someone in the OT. Never a good idea. Typically I type something and close it...but today the filter in the brain wasn't having it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

lol Sharpe ran his mouth more than almost any player on the planet.. Don't act like he "talked shit" in the correct way that's retarded

methodman

Banned
lol Sharpe ran his mouth more than almost any player on the planet.. Don't act like he "talked shit" in the correct way that's retarded
Running your mouth and having everyone understand you is one thing, but Sharpe? He was like twista talking shit, no one knew what The fuck dude was going on about.

Blackace

Running your mouth and having everyone understand you is one thing, but Sharpe? He was like twista talking shit, no one knew what The fuck dude was going on about.

Twista is fully understandable.. Sharpe wasn't

Godslay

Banned

There is a difference. Sharpe was entirely more playful. Sherman tries to ratchet it up and inflame people to the point of retaliation. Plus Sharpe backed it up with consistent play!

Blackace

There is a difference. Sharpe was entirely more playful. Sherman tries to ratchet it up and inflame people to the point of retaliation. Plus Sharpe backed it up with consistent play!

The difference is he played for the Broncos.

And Sharpe was as "playful" as Gary Payton... Meaning he was just simply running his mouth at all times

WedgeX

Banned
You really can't afford to pay your QB 20 million a year. I wonder if this trend stops

...I hope this isn't a double post, gaf is doing strange things for me. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Stafford's contract. The Lions want him to stay. But he already got paid royally as a rookie with 6 years and 72million (40 guaranteed). Its crazy he's taking up 16% of the Lions total cap all by his lonesome.

Godslay

Banned
I think First Team All-Pro is pretty consistent :p

Meh, he was still getting burned by guys. Namely Marshall and White.

Insert Champ Bailey dig here...

The difference is he played for the Broncos.

And Sharpe was as "playful" as Gary Payton... Meaning he was just simply running his mouth at all times

And Sherman plays for the Hawks? For the quantity of stuff that does come out of Sharpe's mouth, he has some solid stuff that is more about joking around than it is being a dick like Sherman. Go through the quotes between the two, and you will feel the difference. Hell compare the Bayless stuff to anything Shannon had said and it's different.

You really can't afford to pay your QB 20 million a year. I wonder if this trend stops

If Ryan was my QB I'd be saying the same thing.

Browns fans still getting chippy. Once again, welcome to the new AFC North overlords!
I left because you all were being dumb cunts, those 2 calls were clearly wrong yet you all ignored that and went into full troll mode for the sake of being cunty pricks
i remember that day like it was yesterday <3
i just want to know what a burger made out of doughnut would be like, so would.
Speaking of SEA ...

Evan Silva &#8207;@evansilva
Arians was asked about #Cardinals needs. Mentioned OL, DL, CB, S, and "any receiver that runs 4.2" -- with wide grin. Tavon?

awesome
Arians should try keeping his cards a secret

Godslay

Banned
Every corner gets burned at some point. Unfortunately one of them happened in a playoff game. I'd still take Sherm in this system over any other corner in the league.

Against a player who he talked shit about none the less. He ragged on White repeatedly, and White beat him over and again. It would have been worse if Ryan wasn't throwing late that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom