• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Jnc

@NotBillWalton: *ATTENTION FEMALES* Ben Roethlisberger is at the Knicks/Heat game in Miami. Avoid the arena restrooms at ALL COSTS.

For some reason the bolded part really bothers me. There are different types of leader. You don't have to be a rah rah movie cliche type leader. A lot of the QBs in the league lead by example and their play.

And since when did the weight room become such an issue for QBs? Brady, the Mannings, and other QBs have little to no muscle definition. Is it cause he is black?

he said the same thing about alex smith when harbs brought him back after the lockout. i don't get the criticism either. there have been plenty of in-your-face type "leaders" that have been massive failures in the NFL.

you have to remember these guys need something to talk about and sometimes just come up with stupid shit. if you paid me $50k a year i would GLADLY come up with all kinds of ridiculous bullshit. now if you paid me what these guys like casserly and the other talking heads make? Holy fuck. i wouldn't even know where to begin

squicken

For some reason the bolded part really bothers me. There are different types of leader. You don't have to be a rah rah movie cliche type leader. A lot of the QBs in the league lead by example and their play.

And since when did the weight room become such an issue for QBs? Brady, the Mannings, and other QBs have little to no muscle definition. Is it cause he is black?

It doesn't bother me either. The only one that was concerning was the academics. I think with the weight room stuff it's just about commitment. How bad does a guy want it? Both Brees and Rodgers added lots of arm strength with working out and taking roids and HGH. Geno doesn't have a big arm. When he gets on the juice in the pros, he'll get fat if he won't work out

kaps gf:

Colin-Kaepernick-girlfriend-e1359764046949.jpeg

kap wins again!
Why hello there.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Probably different for Hawks fans, as he was beating them in the division back then.

So, you are saying that as long as the guy is on the team you like you are all for douchery.

agreed!

JABEE

They might not be up to your lofty Sconi standards but personally I would not kick either out of them out if my bed!

Also, one is being represented by a modeling photo while the other looks like she just came back from a day at the golf course.

Both are hot.

Wes

venison crêpe
Setting up perfect for you guys. Can drop down and still get the one of the guys you want. Eagles are a wild card, though. Would be nuts, but what if top 5 had 3 OTs taken?

This is the worst case scenario for a trade but it likely means Milliner is there at 6 so it wouldn't be that bad.

squicken

Seattle's win over San Francisco was fraudulent

Except, of course, when he intentionally doesn't. In mid-December, after the Niners pulled out a 41-34 victory over the New England Patriots to improve to 10-3-1, Roman consciously decided to dial back the offense in order to keep potential playoff opponents off balance.

That approach seemed dubious the following Sunday night in Seattle, when the 49ers absorbed a 42-13 thrashing at the hands of the Seahawks, but Roman took solace in the fight Kaepernick displayed in leading San Francisco to a late touchdown. The next week, though Roman kept things relatively conservative, the 49ers defeated the Arizona Cardinals to clinch the NFC West title and a first-round bye.

Two weeks later against the Packers, Roman unleashed the fury.

"My post-New England mindset was to hold back and try to save things for the playoffs," Roman says. "We did a bunch of [read-option plays] against New England, but you run into that question of exposure. The reality is that you've got to win playoff games. That was definitely part of the plan. Because NFL teams are too good — you start showing something and having success, they're gonna find a way to stop it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--o...victim-of-his--niners--success-022509392.html

squicken

The real question is why did he go back to conservative for the Super Bowl? If he unleashed the full Kap on that ending goal line stand we might be looking at Larry with an ugly ass Niners avatar all off-season.

He talks about the sequence of play calls. The big regret is the call where they had the run up the middle but Kap didn't see the play clock and Harbs called the timeout. They knew after that the Ravens would start blitzing. The Ravens did blitz, and SF tried to get Crables the ball. Both plays they feel he was held/interfered with

I still feel salty, just as a fan, about the playoffs. It's ridiculous that the refs swallow their whistles. It's like playoff hockey with all the stick grabbing. You are rewarding less athletic, less skilled play.

But on those last two plays in the SB, I have no problem with the no calls. Crabtree initiated as much contact as he received, and SF got away with the same thing vs ATL

Milchjon

Still have to play the first two. I heard they're not really related but I dunno.

There's a bit of a bonus for people who played the first in there, but if that's what's keeping you from playing Infinite, you better just start playing it. It's not a big deal at all.

Still have to play the first two. I heard they're not really related but I dunno.

You will miss out on one thing that is like only 5 minutes if you dont play Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2 has 0 to do with Infinte though. Definitely skip 2, and I would say skip 1 and just read about it on wiki.

squicken

Mayock defends the dude that bashed Geno, hates the QB class

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ocki-cant-stand-qb-class?campaign=Twitter_atl

"When he puts that out there, there's no agenda. He's not trying to bash Cam Newton or Geno Smith. This is the feedback he's getting from scouts and what he believes based on his tape study. Does that mean it's right or wrong? No. We have to minimize that a little bit because scouts can say a lot of things to get their opinions out there for their own vested reasons."

Mayock hit the nail on the head there. Top-shelf analysts are asked to evaluate film, but their use of scout information falls more into a reportorial role. He mentioned Blaine Gabbert and Matt Leinart as two other prospects that concerned him regarding their love of the game.

Draft "experts" need to decide what scouts to trust, and who not to trust. Mayock said he's still "trying to gather" information about Smith's intangibles, but Mayock knows enough about his colleague.

"I would bang the table for Nolan Nawrocki," Mayock said.

As for this quarterback class? Mayock is not impressed.

"I couldn't take Geno Smith in the top 10, probably the top 20. I can't stand this whole quarterback class."

Falcons signed LB Brian Banks.
Banks was one of the top high school middle linebackers in the country before a rape conviction put him in prison. But after five years, his accuser recanted and he was completely exonerated. After spending last season in the UFL, he's finally getting his NFL shot. "Jay, I'm on Cloud 10, I passed Cloud 9," Banks told FOX Sports' Jay Glazer.

bionic77

Jnc

@NotBillWalton: *ATTENTION FEMALES* Ben Roethlisberger is at the Knicks/Heat game in Miami. Avoid the arena restrooms at ALL COSTS.
I don't get it.

Did Ben get so drunk that he BLarryed in the girls bathroom and forgot to flush?

Finished off Infinite. Game of the century.
I was not that interested in the game, but I want to play it just to tell you that you are wrong.

As far as I am concerned it isn't even game of the year. Fire Emblem is!

He talks about the sequence of play calls. The big regret is the call where they had the run up the middle but Kap didn't see the play clock and Harbs called the timeout. They knew after that the Ravens would start blitzing. The Ravens did blitz, and SF tried to get Crables the ball. Both plays they feel he was held/interfered with

I still feel salty, just as a fan, about the playoffs. It's ridiculous that the refs swallow their whistles. It's like playoff hockey with all the stick grabbing. You are rewarding less athletic, less skilled play.

But on those last two plays in the SB, I have no problem with the no calls. Crabtree initiated as much contact as he received, and SF got away with the same thing vs ATL

I have no problem with the final 2 non calls until you watch the ravens previous drive and see that we were called for a bullshit PI on a crucial 3rd down.

If you're going to swallow the whistles then do it for both teams or this becomes the nba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom