• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

This is a great draft to trade down in! All the players from about 10 to 45 are about the same value.

There is really no incentive for any team to trade up, if all the players from 10-45 are the same value, it's a buyers market. There are more teams trying to trade down then there are teams trying to trade up (see how St Louis used u guys guys/Skins against each other last year).

There is really no incentive for any team to trade up, if all the players from 10-45 are the same value, it's a buyers market. There are more teams trying to trade down then there are teams trying to trade up (see how St Louis used u guys guys/Skins against each other last year).

There's always one team and the Browns are in a great spot at 6, there will Lane Johnson will be there plenty of teams looking for a top notch OT, and if Millner is still there, even more flexibility for them.

Talon

Whoa, that's a surprise. He was solid if unspectacular, Charles Johnson ate his lunch consistently.

Lamar Holmes, Mike Johnson will probably battle it out for RT. Blalock hasn't played RT since college.

I guess we feel strongly about one of those guys stepping up...or we have 10 draft picks.

Shit the drafts only 3 weeks away? This year has been a fucking blur.

It's been cold as crap here, I'm glad Spring's almost here.

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to watch the draft Thursday the 25th live, my Dad bought me tickets to Next Generation IMAX, so I'm sort of torn...

Milchjon

Whats NFL coverage like over in England/Europe? I'm worried I'm gonna have a real hard time following the sport. Especially late games.

I think in the UK it's okay, and in some other countries you have ESPN America with a somewhat decent number of games.

In Germany for instance, the situation plain sucks though. Your best bet would be a NFL.com Season Pass that's rather expensive. At least the quality is okay and you get RedZone and some other goodies too.

And then there are a few emergency solutions.

Edit: Late games are horrible. I think I've been up til about 6 am in some cases.

So yeah, I hope you'll be in the UK ;-)

Anybody played "The World Ends With You" on DS? My local purveyor of video games had it used for 7 bucks, and I knew the name from somewhere, so I bought it.

effzee

Whoa, that's a surprise. He was solid if unspectacular, Charles Johnson ate his lunch consistently.

Lamar Holmes, Mike Johnson will probably battle it out for RT. Blalock hasn't played RT since college.

I guess we feel strongly about one of those guys stepping up...or we have 10 draft picks.

And the Bengal RT Smith is still out there. Supposedly he wants to leave the Bengals and didn't like the offer they made.

Man I wish the Eagles would bring him in or take a look at guys like Winston and now the newly released Clabo. Even with bringing one of these guys in they could still draft a RT but I would at least feel 100% confident that the OLINE issues from last year would be fixed barring injuries.

If Chip sticks to his mantra that sacks are all the QBs fault he better build the best damn OLINE in football to protect Foles/Vick or whoever else it is.

Holy shit, I am on such short-timers right now. One more week on this job, and I can not wait to be out. I am doing nothing right now. What's safe for work that I can kill time with on the internet? I've already read all sports news, and perused GAF. Not to mention the Ravens boards are dead, all they want to talk about is "mutiny-gate" as they put it. I hate when people add "gate" to something to make it conspiratorial.

Tamanon

Banned
Holy shit, I am on such short-timers right now. One more week on this job, and I can not wait to be out. I am doing nothing right now. What's safe for work that I can kill time with on the internet? I've already read all sports news, and perused GAF. Not to mention the Ravens boards are dead, all they want to talk about is "mutiny-gate" as they put it. I hate when people add "gate" to something to make it conspiratorial.

If you want to burn a week, go to TVtropes

bionic77

GAF, Google News/NY Times and ESPN are my most used sites,

You are single so you can fuck around on Facebook and check out pictures of girls you are into.

I am sure these young ones will hook you up with some next level shit.

Milchjon

Do you have some article that provides an overview of that mess? Haven't kept up.

Crimmy

T.O. may be approaching 40, but he ran a 4.45 not too long ago, no? If he and Brady develop a connection (if they sign him of course), the Pats are SB bound.

And I'm not a Pats fan by any means...

Dragon

Banned

You can blame Watergate for that.

Are you a tech-head? I can waste all day perusing hacker news (http://news.ycombinator.com) but it may not be for you.

Bills WR Stevie Johnson Suggests On Twitter That North Korea Bomb Foxboro, Mass

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...n-twitter-that-north-korea-bomb-foxboro-mass/

:jnc

His apology is the best part of that. Can't wait for next year when he drops a TD pass and sobs harder than Vernon Davis!

Man I don't even think bionic would go there. The salt from almost 10 years ago still rearing its ugly head.

It will never go away. What they did was wrong and Kraft used his puppet to get away with it and that sucks. Thankfully they will never win a SB without the cameras and those SBs will always be tainted.

Do you have some article that provides an overview of that mess? Haven't kept up.

Here's an article about the "mutiny" from everyone's favorite yahoo writer Michael Silver:
Oh No!!!Ravens Mutiny!

Basically, they're saything that all the players the Ravens have been releasing or letting walk, particularly Ed Reed, Anquan, and Pollard, was due to this, and this is Harby's way of making it his team.

JABEE

Maybe not but at least they wont be labeled cheaters forever. Not that that matters to you. Once it is 100% clear the Pats will never win anything you will just bandwagon on to the next team.

Alligator has been a Pats fan since the 90s. Everyone calm down in here. We don't want nuclear war going down in here.

Dragon

Banned
It will never go away. What they did was wrong and Kraft used his puppet to get away with it and that sucks. Thankfully they will never win a SB without the cameras and those SBs will always be tainted.

The Patriots have lost as many Super Bowls in the past five/six years as the Eagles have been to in the history of their franchise. I mean shit, 2007 happened, do you really think they weren't punished by the football gods?

We wouldnt want someone like you. Bandwagoners are the absolute worst kinds of fans.

Yeah Eagles fans are the paragons of virtue. I'd rather be a bandwagon fan than root for them!

The Patriots have lost as many Super Bowls in the past five/six years as the Eagles have been to in the history of their franchise. I mean shit, 2007 happened, do you really think they weren't punished by the football gods?

There is no punishment possible that would make up for cheating to win a championship. None of the Pats failures since then have done anything to make amends for what happened.

Dragon

Banned
There is no punishment possible that would make up for cheating to win a championship. None of the Pats failures since then have done anything to make amends for what happened.

The Patriots were punished by the NFL. Go bitch to Roger Goodell and quit your horrible posts.

The Patriots were punished by the NFL. Go bitch to Roger Goodell and quit your horrible posts.

You do know that GAF has an ignore feature, right? It my words bother you so much just ignore me. I am never going to stop complaining about these terrible injustices that were perpetuated against the football fans of the world.

They did get punished but like any criminal the punishment doesn't take the crime away. Pats were cheaters and all of their Super Bowl wins are tainted. That's just the reality of the situation

I like Eagles fans. As Dennis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia says, they built an underground tunnel from Citizen Banks ballpark to a hotel to shield road teams from Philly fans because "We're passionate fans. We've gotta hammer something"

Having said that, when I was 17, a bunch of my friends and I went to Philly for a preseason game that got cancelled because the turf was shit, and on the way out, we got jumped by a bunch of 40 year old philly fans. But I can respect the passion.

Dragon

Banned
You do know that GAF has an ignore feature, right? It my words bother you so much just ignore me. I am never going to stop complaining about these terrible injustices that were perpetuated against the football fans of the world.

Please. You only care that it happened to occur against the Eagles. I don't see one Rams fan nor Panthers fan still whining about it.

"I care about the sanctity of the game and they violated it!!" Meanwhile you're applauding someone joking about nuking Foxboro.

They did get punished but like any criminal the punishment doesn't take the crime away. Pats were cheaters and all of their Super Bowl wins are tainted. That's just the reality of the situation

All the Niner SB wins with Jerry Rice are tainted because he has abnormally large hands.

Please. You only care that it happened to occur against the Eagles. I don't see one Rams fan nor Panthers fan still whining about it.

"I care about the sanctity of the game and they violated it!!" Meanwhile you're applauding someone joking about nuking Foxboro.

I complain about baseball players taking PEDs all the time and that doesnt affect the Phillies. The fact that the Eagles are one of the teams that it happened to makes it worse, but it would still be a terrible thing no matter what. also you are even more of an idiot then I could have imagined if you think someone joking about something is even comparable to something that actually happened.

Fuck 2013 NFL season, it's already dead to me. 2014 though....Raiders will have 40-50 million in cap space to reload on players and a full draft for once. I need a time machine.

For a little more clarity:

Per John Clayton

"the Oakland #Raiders will have about $69 million in cap space for 2014."

When McKenzie took over, the Raiders were about $30 million OVER the cap

Dragon

Banned
I complain about baseball players taking PEDs all the time and that doesnt affect the Phillies. The fact that the Eagles are one of the teams that it happened to makes it worse, but it would still be a terrible thing no matter what. also you are even more of an idiot then I could have imagined if you think someone joking about something is even comparable to something that actually happened.

I'm done thread shitting, you want to talk about this seriously? PM me.

Eagles suck

effzee

All the Niner SB wins with Jerry Rice are tainted because he has abnormally large hands.

What Rams or Panthers fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom